myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lemonade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Lemonade Reply with quote

Last night, 3 surfers right out in front of Liam’s were sporadically catching chest+ on-shore pounders. Only one was witnessed do’n the paddle, paddle, popup, 2 pump and dump thing. No questioning the skill and mettle, but the look from shore was – ho/hum.

This morning, further north was not much different. A quick stand up paddle, out, kicked my ass with a rapid fire near waist++ set.
Now wet and not really motivated, a last ditch effort was made across the ditch to Red Roof ‘s playground. While doing solo waist+- play in the first pseudo bay, I saw trouble coming. The big boys were making their way down to pick on me. All windsurfers at one time or another Nauset Sports Phil, Matt(?), PK and the master of ceremonies JE. There was one other guy on a blue board who I couldn’t make out without glasses.

By then, parched and running out of steam, JE goaded me to go further out. One or 2 Oks were capped off with a great bomb that delivered a country mile ride, almost to shore!

It was nice to meet Matt on the high seas and get a push from JE.

A definite lemon to lemonade day

Ron C.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you out there Ron!!!
I think that was my best SUP session this year!!! 4/3 and no hood. things are warming up.
That was Matt Zibrat(Seasquirt on iWindsurf)
That was Big Gill on the blue board.
FUN STUFF!!!! Very Happy

Sea-Squirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 sure a great session! Clean waves with some size. Nice to finally meet Ron C. Just because jerry went without a hood doesn't mean it was the right choice. It wasn't that cold, but my brain needs a little more warmth.
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, what a hang over today.

What I didn't stress in the morning was taken care of by a little bike tour of Chatham while my son ground it out of at the airport. Did you catch the little spandex number that OC had in Maui? Man, he's got all the toys!

I had a shop teacher Wayne and a coworker Mark many years ago, any relation Matt?

Not only was my wife a fan when the Abide riders strutted their stuff on the north shore, now she's envious of her new math buddy's house in Eastham.

One last comment - None of those guys yesterday would have hurt a fly or a prone / scratcher surfer if they wanted to share. Taking into account the distance from any parking lot and the distance out, I doubt very few using only their hands would have made the trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: