myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Warnng - Formula fins will pick up fishing lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailwave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Warnng - Formula fins will pick up fishing lines Reply with quote

I was formula planing the the inner channels of Redwood City harbor today and felt some drag on my board. I thought I was just dredging my fin thru some mud when I heard a guy yelling " hey that's my pole". I looked behind me and saw a fishing rod planing across the water about 30 feet back. I stomped on the breaks and saw the rod sink as I tacked. The fisherman said he had spent $200 on the rod and reel. Spent the next 30 minutes digging around in the 7 foot deep water and mud prodding with a stick and my feet and the guy pray casting to snag the line. He eventually did snag the line amazingly and I swam out to unsnag his pole from the bottom. Mission accomplished and a big lesson learned !
jse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago Me and some sailors were putting our gear away, drinking beer and watching RadRoss get the last of the wind at Tomales. It was around 5:30 and there were 3 or 4 fishermen at Grassy Point, casting out. We were just kicking back and all of a sudden one of the fishermen ups and dives into the bay! We heard the splash and couldn't figure out what was going on. Then he gets up from the water, runs further into the bay and dives in again! Then we see the fishing pole. We think maybe he caught a big shark or something until we see Ross sailing away after his gybe. Then we figure it out. We had a tough time to keep from laughing while that guy changed out of his wet muddy clothes right next to us.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: