myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggs said:
Quote:
BTW Technoo, labeling another human being "illegal" is demeaning, I think its important to be conscientious to our fellow human beings, regardless of their origins.

When you are an illegal, a thief, a speeder, a prostitute, a murder, a rapist, a reckless driver, or any law breaker, I doubt that one would feel that it is demeaning to be call what you are. I seriously doubt that there are very many illegals that are upset with the word illegal. It's the left and some in the Mexican American community that make it an issue, it's just playing the race card again rather than acknowledging and working toward a solution to the problem.

If it's too hard or too expensive to close the borders, then we have open boarders, and the problem will persist until it really becomes unmanageable.

Where will we be when we have 20-30 million illegals in the country?
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be working for Republican bosses and Americans will not have jobs.
The influx of illegals is mainly a GOP initiative. They conceal this by assigning opinions to liberals, like saying libs want the border open. Some GOP buy that, but many others are tired of being lied to on this and other issues, so the support by real conservative for the Party is sinking.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And to answer the question about our national debt - Yes, I do believe that increasing taxes is needed to work toward a balanced budget, but not without cutting the waste and or slowing the rate of spending too. We are at a stalemate where neither side trusts the other to do the right thing, so until our nation's credit/borrowing takes a serious hit, we just avoid the issue and keep digging a deeper hole. One day, this country will be dealing with some serious austerity if we don't get our act together."

Well techno900, I'm glad you have the insight to understand that increased taxes are part of the mix to lower our deficit and debt. I wish more Republicans understood and embraced that imposing reality. I look at Republicans who are adamantly against the idea of pursuing added tax revenue as folks looking for strength and civilization at no extra cost to themselves. Instead, they would selfishly prefer to indiscriminately cut any and all spending for what they don't like. Just like their eagerness to decide which freedoms that other folks must abandon because of their own religious beliefs and social agenda. Ironically, despite all their specious dialog about freedom and their deep commitment to the Constitution, Republicans have maintained a constant war against fairness and individual rights. What a bunch of hypocrites. One only has to look at the attacks on woman's rights and gay marriage just to see how ugly and restrictive they can be, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

One has to laugh at Rand Paul's recent speech at Howard University. In front of black students he touts the Republican's party's efforts to end slavery back in the mid-1800's and promotes current day Republicans as an inclusive party that values innovative ideas, while at the same time attempts to cast the Democrats in a bad light as a party fighting change. Of course, they called his BS by bringing up the fact that red state Democrats turned into hateful Republicans in the late 60s with the passage of civil rights legislation. How could he be so stupid? However, I have to give him credit for having the balls just to show up and give a speech.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Paul had potential. It is a shame that he is becoming a clown show.
He is very proud that he "altered drone policy by doing a filibuster" and really wishes that policy had not actually changed the day before the filibuster.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"BTW Technoo, labeling another human being "illegal" is demeaning, I think its important to be conscientious to our fellow human beings, regardless of their origins."

You know boggsman, I have to side a bit more with techno900 on the "illegal immigrant" label. Would you hesitate calling a person a criminal after they committed a crime because that label could be construed as undesirable and demeaning? That said, I don't view illegal immigrants as criminals for illegally entering the US, and that's an important difference. But, as I've said before, if an person crosses the border and immigrates to the US illegally, I have no problem calling them what they are, an illegal immigrant. Now, as many of us know quite well, there are a number of demeaning labels that some folks have for Hispanics. That recent Republican Representative in the House that stupidly offered one up and rightly got the disdain and criticism he deserved. I'm glad that Boehner and Cantor called him on it.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
1. Much of our economy is tied too closely to the cheap labor that our "visitors" provide

2. It must be a tough life for Mac when he is offended by just about everything.

3. Is there no one out there with a backbone anymore?

4. Nothing posted here in the last couple of years has ever offended me.

1. A close friend is an M&A (corporate mergers and acquisitions) broker known widely in his field. He is immersed in his hundreds of client corporations' businesses, and is assured by them regularly that if the illegal alien work force dried up overnight, even a very healthy economy would collapse, take years to recover, and lead to vastly higher prices for almost every consumer product and service. The know-nothings here laughed at that almost unanimous opinion of many CEOs.

2. mac's not alone in that; it's a fundamental precept of the classic liberal. Never mind how many hundreds of millions on the other side are offended by the "tolerant left's" attempts to censure, censor, and/or outlaw their way of life. We find their attempts to run our lives offensive, but we don't incessantly file suits, invoke the nanny state, or attack them personally just because we don't like laws against Christmas, Easter, the Pledge of Allegiance, and a cross at our child's grave.

3. Not on the far left. They want Big Government to feed and dress them and muzzle the opposition.

4. No, but the word "disgust" surely comes to mind.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Gold is collapsing in this Alice in Wonderland economy.

Yup ... right on schedule. I'm just drooling over what I perceive to be something near the bottom, described by many very successful analysts as probably the best investment opportunity in decades.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno sez:

Quote:
It must be a tough life for Mac when he is offended by just about everything. PC has drained the life out of free speech in this country, while almost nothing these days can be said that doesn't offend or "disrespect" someone or some group.

I cannot imagine how impoverished a life must be to not be offended by the direct, and indirect, racism of the far right in the Republican party.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, my post won't show. It's there to edit, but when I submit again, the post is blank. This is a test to see if the URL maybe has something to do with it.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
Gold is collapsing in this Alice in Wonderland economy.

Yup ... right on schedule. I'm just drooling over what I perceive to be something near the bottom, described by many very successful analysts as probably the best investment opportunity in decades.

Save yourself from yourself Iso. If you really feel that way, you should buy some farmland, or plant some fruit trees in your own yard. Gold has been pretty good as an end of world trade, however if some of the shit that could go down does, a large supply of beef jerky, rice, water and guns and ammo will be a much better investment.

Just when I think the world is going to end, they inflate even more paper money and nobody blinks. Gold will be worthless if people are hungry. Now Bitcoins is where I think some of the guys here should invest in.. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 38 of 201

Jump to: