myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajadean, I know that you are passionate about this topic, but don't you think that you're a bit too quick to show your teeth?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes money to own one of the media, so pretty much all large media has been owned by a Republican for my lifetime. But there is a difference in the modern era that Baja is trying a little too hard to express. Take the Wall Street Journal, which has always been pro business and anti-regulation. Before Murdoch entered the US market, the WSJ, and most newspapers, were careful to make sure that the editorial page represented the publisher--but the views of the publisher were not imposed on reportage. In addition to the lying, cheating, bribery, phone hacking, and general bad behavior, Murdoch instructed all of his reporters, on all of his media, to never cover anything about climate change without getting some right wing bozo to also say it was also a hoax. That is new in America, and along with right wing radio and the internet, means that extremists, left and right, need never read or hear a fact, or listen to an opinion that they don't share that is not well reasoned.

Iso is a perfect symbol of this kind of non-thinking. He won't even read an opinion he already doesn't agree with. The death of critical thinking. Of course Iso was educated in Alabama...in segregated schools... and he thinks it was all wonderful.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
bajadean, I know that you are passionate about this topic, but don't you think that you're a bit too quick to show your teeth?
well he made two wise ash posts in a row. So I put him to task, I gave a lot of data specific to the exact point. He continued his wise ash so I called him out. I welcome challenges to the fact, but he just was not willing to do that. Obviously too busy to back his argument with facts. Or as I stipulate there is no backing of his blinded by the right position.

I am serious, if I owned the media and was a pit bull, what I would do (vs what Conrad Black did, he fired every liberal in a paper when he bought them) I would deny every request by a liberal reporter that wanted to do anything that could harm the right wing brand.

And send them in disgrace saying we need to make money to cover the 6 headed birth of some out of wedlock zombie that would draw readers. Just humiliate the serious journalist till they quit. Make it so miserable that they would have no self worth to their profession. Burn every one of the liberals out just for wantong to write about anyhting thatwould harm the right wing brand.

And any reporter who wanted to sit outside Gary Harts house or investigate a liberal president and uncover anything there could be or is fund to huge depths. Gee that is exactly what the right winger trust fund kid Scaife did with David Brock and same with the paper he was working for rev moonies washington Times. Scaife paid David Brock for two books over a million each.

Liberal Journalists from what I have met in my life are the cream of the crop of intelligence, but can be wrong too. Hey my fathers undergrad was in Journalism, and he is by far the most intelligent person I have ever met. And I have met directors of national labs.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberal, schmiberal; just LOOK at it ... and realize that most of the anchors shown spent years as attorneys, trial lawyers, prosecutors, judges, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj0T4uK3lE&feature=youtu.be
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Liberal, schmiberal; just LOOK at it ... and realize that most of the anchors shown spent years as attorneys, trial lawyers, prosecutors, judges, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj0T4uK3lE&feature=youtu.be

isn't it interesting that anyone would post something like this to show the media is liberal. But i have to say at least he finally posted what he considers his only fact of the debate.

But here is another one, about righty control of the media. Though already owned by right wing trust fund kids

the trust fund right wingers who hate Obama and all things democrat. The oil trust fund kids the Koch brothers want to buy the right wing owned media now as I have said.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2013/03/12/1708561/report-koch-brothers-looking-to-purchase-several-major-american-newspapers/?mobile=nc

Quote:
Right-wing funders and business industrialists David and Charles Koch may purchase the Tribune Company newspapers, which include the Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, and the Los Angeles Times. The brothers are “interested in the clout they could gain through the Times’ editorial pages,” the Hollywood Reporter notes.

Responding to the report, a spokesperson for Koch told the website that the brothers are “constantly exploring profitable opportunities in many industries and sectors”:

Missy Cohlmia, a spokeswoman for Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC, issued the following statement to THR: “As an entrepreneurial company with 60,000 employees around the world, we are constantly exploring profitable opportunities in many industries and sectors. So, it is natural that our name would come up in connection with this rumor. We respect the independence of the journalistic institutions referenced in today’s news stories, but it is our long-standing policy not to comment on deals or rumors of deals we may or may not be exploring. ”

The Los Angeles Weekly was the first to report that the Kochs could be mulling the purchase of the newspaper assets, which make up $623 million of the company’s $7 billion holdings.

The Koch brothers own Koch Industries, the second-largest private company in America, and bankroll a network of Tea Party groups and Republican political war chests.

In 2012, the brothers spent millions to defeat President Obama and even sent mailers to employees urging them to support Mitt Romney and other conservative candidates.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta wonder why your left wing media is not covering the mass murder trial of the Philadelphia abortion mill doctor whose staff is accusing him of severing the spinal cords of many struggling newly aborted infants.

COULD IT BE THAT IT CASTS A BAD LIGHT ON OBAMA HIMSELF, ON OBAMACARE, AND ON PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION?

ABC, CBS, NBC, and BSNBC, all normally Trial Central, have not mentioned it. CNN mentioned it once. The very little other coverage from the left (outside Philadelphia, plus a few other scattered newspaper articles) has mentioned it only enough to accuse right wing media of making up the story. Barbara Boxer says a fetus does not become a baby until it comes home from the hospital.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the illegal breaking in and bugging of Sen. McConnell's office, by Progress Kentucky.

http://wfpl.org/post/source-progress-kentucky-behind-mitch-mcconnell-campaign-recording

All we've heard from the MSM is what is on those illegal tapes, nothing about the tapes being illegal, a federal crime.

So far,,,,,,,, it took about 6 months for the Watergate scandal to bloom.
MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Mikey really seems to be coming apart.
It's starting to seem unfair to provoke him.....
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Or the illegal breaking in and bugging of Sen. McConnell's office, by Progress Kentucky.

http://wfpl.org/post/source-progress-kentucky-behind-mitch-mcconnell-campaign-recording

All we've heard from the MSM is what is on those illegal tapes, nothing about the tapes being illegal, a federal crime.

So far,,,,,,,, it took about 6 months for the Watergate scandal to bloom.
seems the law says one person has to be giving permission and since both were in the hallway one can give permission if you do not want your conversation public do not have it where it can be heard in the hallway........ After all they were invited ie media. and again there is no law about being in a hallway recording what you hear...

Isn't it great to hear how pathetic these right wingers are in the Nixonian meetings on from breaking the law to to their hate of americans... hahaha the 49 percent hate...

Hey right wingers go teach the Blacks at a university about black history. we love your ancient History. Note his so call foolish lecture is not making the media is it..
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DePauw School of Communication professor has looked into the liberal media blackout of the mass infanticide trial. He is certain it is an organized blackout from the tops of those "news" agencies, probably because of its horrible implications for the pro-choice lobby. In particular, it puts Obama's own publicly documented legislative support of partial birth infanticide on trial.

How can any parent support that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 38 of 277

Jump to: