myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Knife nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having children is one thing. Accepting responsibility for raising them to be good citizens with moral values is quite another!

It seems to me that we are either born with empathy toward others, or not. Examples of either are not hard to find. a) St Paul b) ******* . ( Wink )
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
So, if I understand correctly, folks without children lack the ability to feel empathy when children are killed?.

If that misguided thought doesn't sum up the most basic flaw in all of classic liberalism, I don't know what does: Thinking with their hearts rather than their brains. Substituting emotion for logic and facts. Doing SOMETHING to make them feel better even if it doesn't solve the problem at all or even makes it worse. Trying to solve Rubik's Cube by demonizing it ("IT'S A RACIST LYING HOMOPHOBE!"), then adding NEOCON when the colors still don't line up.

They are not capable of comprehending that SETTING 2,000 LITTLE CHILDREN ON FIRE DOES NOT MAKE MATCHES THE PROBLEM, banning matchbooks that hold more than 7 matches won't change anything, the body count or victims' ages do not override the logic and facts of the crime and its solutions, and as Cob has pointed out, psychiatrists can't predict what whackos will do.

If this knife nut had picked a better knife, he could have killed dozens of kids, given their stupid behavior. FORM AN AD HOC PRAYER GROUP, "BECAUSE OUR LIVES ARE IN GOD'S (OR THE GOVERNMENT'S) HANDS."? No, you fool; it's in your own hands in the near term. Now pick up a chair or desk and take this knife nut out. Run, and leave your slower friends to die? No, you coward; Grab something longer than his razor blade and shove it through his neck, groin, eyes, solar plexus, torso ... anything to slow him down or put him down. Start throwing heavy objects at him. Get out your hair spray and bong lighter and make a flamethrower. Pour something on him and set his murderous ass on fire. How's he going to get through a circle of guys trying to contain and kill him with furniture?

That, or ONE teacher, janitor, or passerby WITH A GUN sends the perp to hell with virtually no risk to herself.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither Oregon nor Utah ban ownership of (the broader term)
"automatic knives" per se, though blade length does factor
in, but the Switchblade act of 1958 banned interstate commerce,
so automatic knives, cannot be transported over state lines for sale.

I do indeed consider them works of art, and as you can see they are
someone’s collection. The "works of art" are totally ineffective as personal
protection (especially if an assailant has a gun), but the tactical
units can be pretty handy for fishing, or cutting yourself loose from
a cartwheeling kite when you need fast action, and you only have one hand free. ;*)

One nice thing about automatic knives is that if they go off
accidentally, they don't injure someone in the next room.

-Craig

keycocker wrote:
The middle case knives are graceful works of art. Are they switchblades?
MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very cool knife collection, cgoudie.
I just had a client give me an allegedly rare Spyderco knife as a thank you. (he collects knives and guns).
Seeing your photos makes me want to start adding more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: