myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 405, 406, 407 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Stick Fri April 5th Reply with quote

Missed Thursday late evening 4.2-4.7 but had a great session on Fri. Almost no wind WIND-SUP + 6.0 Firelight, once again incredible amount of fun in displacement practicing tacks and back-wind, and pumping (hey, you can actually keep a good clip in 0 wind). Stayed out almost two hours.

I feel I am learning windsurf again! Very Happy and suddenly I could not care less about wind forecast! Wink
mch13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Stick Fri April 5th Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
Missed Thursday late evening 4.2-4.7 but had a great session on Fri. Almost no wind WIND-SUP + 6.0 Firelight, once again incredible amount of fun in displacement practicing tacks and back-wind, and pumping (hey, you can actually keep a good clip in 0 wind). Stayed out almost two hours.

I feel I am learning windsurf again! Very Happy and suddenly I could not care less about wind forecast! Wink

Davide's post epitomizes the stoke I (and I think most of us) felt when I started windsurfing on little lakes in VT after work and if we found a few knots of wind to make us move, it was so exciting! 30 years later, I love high wind, the Bay, the Coast, the Delta, Maui as much as anyone, but I am constantly checking my Wind Alert app and working my life around where the wind is blowing the strongest.

I love "not caring about the wind forecast and just getting out on the water"!!!!
Time for an SUP........
Jorionw96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman ripped it up today. Ebb produced some nice swell to launch off. Water temp seems super warm for early April.
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Washoe Reply with quote

Scott; 3.7 was plenty, drysuit.

scott 2013.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  526.1 KB
 Viewed:  12101 Time(s)

scott 2013.png

ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Reply with quote

At Sherman Island this morning, I managed to hold on to a 5.4 for an over-and-back and went to a 4.2 until it got over-powering.
tomg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed TI yesterday. 4/7/13 Nice building conditions for those of us who HAD THE FAITH. About 12 eager sailers were there at 3pm when the wind peaked. all were going out on small stuff expecting the BIG winds forcasted. Ah, but tis not always what ye ol sailborder is in store for. Nearly everbody that swam in decided to go home with sad puppy faces. Three of us rerigged, me going from 5.3 to 5.9 w floaty board, and we hit the water about 4pm and sailed for over an hour fully powered. It went up from there. Have faith! (and bring the big stuff)

newgraph.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.07 KB
 Viewed:  12653 Time(s)

newgraph.gif

Arrgh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorionw96 wrote:
Sherman ripped it up today. Ebb produced some nice swell to launch off. Water temp seems super warm for early April.

Yes, iWindsurf Port Chicago currently shows 61 degrees; hands were comfy on Sunday. Steve, Jack and I were all on 5.3 (that's 20 mph, Spennie) at Rio Viento.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Dumbarton Bridge Reply with quote

ahh.. the wind has finally arrived. 4.2/80 ltr at Dumbo noontime Monday. This combo was spot on for the 25-27 mph steady winds so I sailed comfortably. There was some small swell action towards the middle not too far from the bridge. Came in after an hour and a half when I spotted a couple of Cal Trans vehicles by my van,..seems that they were considering towing my ride. Was told that you can't park by the bridge close to the water even though they've removed all the bridge retrofit hardware by the launch area. Glad they didn't tow my van and ruin what was such a good day Cool
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Mon. Apr. 8 Reply with quote

AM, nuked in gusts on 5.3, adjusted but still nuked so went to 4.5. By that time three others arrived, going out on 4.2-4.5. Ebbing, the chop amplitude built to very annoying and the depth went too shallow, so I packed up by 1:30.

Fast, but very choppy and gusty.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Coyote, Mon. Apr. 8 Reply with quote

Steady 4.2 out with my RRD 75L. Horrible chop, until well in the channel. Got a bit better toward end of day. Stop at 5:30 when wind still blowing strong. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 405, 406, 407 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 406 of 427

Jump to: