myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Dangerous Dog Poop and Unstable Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlemmens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well RipTide, maybe you shouldn't have started kiting, it's a lot easier cleaning monofilm and technora than canvas or whatever those things are made of (another reason people should pick windsurfing over kiting). Technically it was a dog beach before a kiting beach. Americas Cup will probably lead to stricter enforcement of the dog situation. I think you should also try to stop people from peeing in the bay and companies from pouring chemicals into it. Dog shit is the least of your worries.
jpf18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Kot & Koeter Reply with quote

Some of you guys are too good. I walk down at Ocean Beach couple times a week. Part of the GGNRA, the same rules apply as Crissy AFAIK. Pathetic dogs&owners are the norm frankly, not the exception. I can only point out one regular who's got a Golden Retriever that's trained well and doesn't try to chase down and pee up anything within sight. The rest? To hell with them.
As for Crissy I can recall more than once some doggie felt it appropriate to mark "his territory" on my WS gear with the owner not even flinching. Call them out, and they'll just walk the other way.
SPQR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I like how Crissy has been restored to a more natural setting after the Army vacated the Presidio, I think strictly for windsurfing I preferred the old parking lot because you could park wherever you wanted and rig next to your car with no dog issues. It's definitely looks better restored and attracts more users now but I never had any dog problems there in 80's or prerestoration era. But there's dog feces in a lot of other places in SF too, not just Crissy.
victor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think professional dog walkers should be prohibited at Crissy. It is a commercial enterprise which is not technically allowed at any public park, particularly federal parks.
cachaocachao

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to regularly take walks to mark my territory, used organic baby wipes (OBW) to clean myself, place them in paper bags and put them in trash bins. But I would leave my markings in place.

Then, witnesses stopped and educated me that my poop would do more harm than good for our community. At first, I was offended! But, after thinking about it a bit more, I realized that it was true. So, I started also bagging my poop and trashing them with the used OBW.

Since then, I never looked back. I am now happy with life! I hope this story would inspire and encourage dog owners to always bring lots of bags and bag your children's poop into happiness.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
spennie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlemmens: Gotta comment on some false logic here. "Technically it was a dog beach before it was a kiting beach" is a huge load of the aforementioned dog poop. Are you saying that since dogs existed before kiters it's OK to poop on their kites?

I've seen this false logic used quite a bit over my 57 years on the planet, and it's never rung true. "I was here first" is a bunch of B.S. most of the time, open-seating concerts being a notable exception. Swimmers complain that they were here before surfers, surfers complain about windsurfers, windsurfers complain about kiters. Get over it and learn to deal! If that "logic" held we should all get off the freeways and let horses use them, then sign all our real estate back over to the Native Americans.

A douchey dog owner is a douchey dog owner, in 1913 or 2013.

victor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>it's a lot easier cleaning (dog shit off of) monofilm

yep, that's why i took up windsurfing.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this begs the question:
Who's worse, the aggro self-righteous, dog owner, or the aggro self-righteous bicyclist. You know the kind, the ones who own the road and yell a car drivers all the time.
Tough call, I'd have to go with the aggro self-righteous bicyclists being worse. But it's close.
PAmuddog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO ..... the "self righteous dog owners" are tops on my list for one reason:

I have found it's much easier to clean tire tracks off my equipment than dog crap.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
To me this begs the question:
Who's worse, the aggro self-righteous, dog owner, or the aggro self-righteous bicyclist. You know the kind, the ones who own the road and yell a car drivers all the time.
Tough call, I'd have to go with the aggro self-righteous bicyclists being worse. But it's close.

No it's not close at all, aggro self-righteous bicyclists win hands down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: