myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sun. Mar. 17 Reply with quote

Started on 6.4, worked great for a while, ripping fast on starboard tack, then got nuked, tried rigging adjustments, still nuked. Rigged down to 5.3, worked great for a while then nuked and exhausted. I got a lot of useful waterstart practice (and did not uphaul even once today), and received a piece of helpful advice from one of the other sailors.

Several sailors were out, and several kites. It didn't even seem especially cold.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Bodega, Thurs. Mar. 21 evening Reply with quote

Shallow and gusty but I had to try the North Volt 6.4 that just arrived. Excellent sail, very light when planing fast, very good at shedding gusts: seems better than Duke at that. Mostly worked on waterstart, maybe even improving. Still cannot jibe except in more moderate and less gusty winds.

One other guy showed up but did not sail. Several kiters, including one who kept going well after sunset.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Coyote 3:30 pm onward Reply with quote

Nice late day at Coyote on 3/21. Out with a 6.0, at 3:30 the wind progressively picked up to steady 5.0-6.0 conditions. When stopped at 5:30 it was still blowing happily. Very Happy

Today (3/22) Crissy delivered as usual (i.e. it did not) ... wait for on hour, wind outside, out with a 5.2 + 85L (should have been 6.0/6.6 and slalom), go around 3, 4 times before the wind further decreases and sort of goes away with the exception of a patch on the other side where eventually a few slalom guys reach to go around in tight circles ... yikes! worst day of the season (but still sort of fun).
Jorionw96

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo sesh at sherman. Standard 15 to 42 north wind day....not that much fun.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Coyote 3:30 pm onward Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
Nice late day at Coyote on 3/21. Out with a 6.0, at 3:30 the wind progressively picked up to steady 5.0-6.0 conditions. When stopped at 5:30 it was still blowing happily. Very Happy

Today (3/22) Crissy delivered as usual (i.e. it did not) ... wait for on hour, wind outside, out with a 5.2 + 85L (should have been 6.0/6.6 and slalom), go around 3, 4 times before the wind further decreases and sort of goes away with the exception of a patch on the other side where eventually a few slalom guys reach to go around in tight circles ... yikes! worst day of the season (but still sort of fun).

Divide, you should have come to stick today (3/22). About 12 to 15 sailors did and many were on 4.7/100L for about two to three hours. Wind was must better than what the chart indicated. BTW, even yesterday was sailable on 5.5/100L. Smile
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Coyote 3:30 pm onward Reply with quote

windgood wrote:
dvCali wrote:

Today (3/22) Crissy delivered as usual (i.e. it did not) ...

Divide, you should have come to stick today (3/22). About 12 to 15 sailors did and many were on 4.7/100L for about two to three hours. Wind was must better than what the chart indicated. BTW, even yesterday was sailable on 5.5/100L. Smile

I know! Coyote was blowing too. I am occasionally lured to Crissy because it is closer to home but I should just forget about it until mid April! It is the perfect spot for NOT sailing toward the ends of the season (and I am sure it is not true but it seems like the wind direction is worse than years ago: always outside by a mile!)
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Natural Bridges was fun today. Nice swell coming in sets that was fun to play on. Lots of sand pushed into the beach so when I was coming in for the last time of the day and the rig got ripped from my hands I was not worried about it going into the rocks. Would be nice if that sand stayed all summer.

I was on a Bic Techno and 7.0 Ezzy. Another windsurfer was out on a wave board and, I believe, a small Simmer sail. He was good. Even riding into the curl at Sidewalks. I was pulling out before the wave curled. Not much fin room at Sidewalks.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Mudfest 2013! Worked for me today.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see you out there windoggie. Berkeley was indeed pretty fun today, although I wish I had gotten there a little earlier. according to the graph it picked back up late too. we were watching another guy who seemed to come after work get all the goods
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woof! Nice to see you too. The wind was pretty thick earlier on, but settled down after a bit. So cool to see the season starting. All us old barnacles are prying ourselves off of the rocks, ready for action.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 404 of 427

Jump to: