myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges yesterday and today (Sat- Sun). Fun both times. Did get becalmed the second time I went out yesterday.

Today was good throughout. 15 second period swell that was good fun. I was planing in the puffs so when the extended puffs matched up with the sets coming in it was great.

Needed big gear to handle the lulls. I was using my 7.0 Ezzy. Managed to not dig the clew into the wave face ever.

Windward1
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Wind-SUP Sun at Stick Reply with quote

Wonderful Wind-SUP session with my Amundson Cross 11' and a 5.2 and almost no wind. Great fun and when the wind picked up a bit the monster (180L) started planing!!!!! Simply lovely.
KevinDo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went today on the inside at Cabrillo. When I got there, there was no wind so I went for lunch and came back than bam! White caps all over the inside. Had a blast for 4 hours!
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Cabrillo is a great spot and I always love sailing there when I go bak home to visit my family.

Had my first Haskins day of the season. Candlestick seemed fogged in a bit but there was some clearing near SFO. Super fun sesh today with about ten others on 4.8s

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Stick Fri 15 Reply with quote

Another Stick day waiting for the wind to fill in more at Coyote or Crisssy. Started with almost no wind Wind-supping with a 5.2, than at around 4:30 the wind really picked up. Great hour with FSW 100L + 5.2 powered to overpowered than the wind started to decrease but about 10 people hung in there for late session. Very Happy
KevinDo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are conditions up in norcal right now? I'll probably be up there in a week or so. Buying a barely used hifly 272 Very Happy and would love to go sailing up there too!

-Kevin
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Saturday March 16 Reply with quote

KevinDo wrote:
How are conditions up in norcal right now? I'll probably be up there in a week or so. Buying a barely used hifly 272 Very Happy and would love to go sailing up there too!

-Kevin

Pretty good today: solid 4.2 and I counted 29 (!) sailors out at the Stick!!!! Razz
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sat. Mar. 16 Reply with quote

Wind was gusty with erratic average. 5.3 waterstarted readily and planed fast at intervals, then was not sufficient to waterstart, then was overpowered. The chop was somewhere between amusing and challenging.

Around 10 people were out sailing at various times, quite a few kiters. People were out on everything from 4.2 to 6.0; most seemed to be 5.0-5.3.
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Davenport on Saturday was Great! Reply with quote

Davenport was great today! Sailed my JP FSW and 4.7 Ezzy. As many as a dozen sailors out at a time. Good waves at the south reef and good waves at Shark Bites and sometimes good waves in the channel.

Intiially the wind filled all the way into shore making it easy to get out. Later on it had reduced to only erratic puffs coming across the water near shore. Outside was blowing well with occasional lulls but they were generally short lived and the good wind would come back. and last a good while.

Water was beautiful.
VinceSF

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bodega, Sat. Mar. 16 Reply with quote

dsgrntlxmply wrote:
Wind was gusty with erratic average. 5.3 waterstarted readily and planed fast at intervals, then was not sufficient to waterstart, then was overpowered. The chop was somewhere between amusing and challenging.

Around 10 people were out sailing at various times, quite a few kiters. People were out on everything from 4.2 to 6.0; most seemed to be 5.0-5.3.

This was the earlier part of the day. after 3, I was OPed on 4.0 (I am light though) all day long. my 220# friend was on 4.8 and doing good.
t'was a really good day!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 403 of 427

Jump to: