myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bajadean...

Do you have an official source for the legality of the rolling stop sign to use when the cops in CD stop a gringo for incomplete stop? It can really help to have the paperwork along...just in case.

BTW, I spend a month for the last 9 years in LV...and I cannot tell you if there is even one alto in town. What's the point?
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Hey Bajadean...

Do you have an official source for the legality of the rolling stop sign to use when the cops in CD stop a gringo for incomplete stop? It can really help to have the paperwork along...just in case.

BTW, I spend a month for the last 9 years in LV...and I cannot tell you if there is even one alto in town. What's the point?

what is the point, if one has never experienced or studied the system then one should not be a so called expert in its effectiveness.

In places where there are traffic lights obey the traffic light like CD. In places that are like US speed traps, well that is another art.

I do not pay bribes..... well it depends what you call a bribe(see below)...

Here is another tip, when pulled over invite the policeman over for beers and make them your friends. Never had one refuse. They use to come out to visit me with their families, I speak no Spanish and them no English. But had a great time every time they came out to visit. Then they pull you over just to say high. Funny anecdote, my mother came down with my aunt, and they wanted to spend a few days in the big city. So drove them to a hotel and there was no parking so I double parked, shame on me to unload luggage that way.

My mother and Aunt were concerned and sure enough all the sudden a few police vehicles spotted me and came flying up with their lights (my mother and aunt were freaking out), you know first time in baja and here they think I am going to be thrown in jail. Little did they know these were my friends just coming to say hi to me. Once I introduced my mother and aunt to the officers they were in disbelief. The officers carried my aunt and mothers suitcases into the hotel and kept a look out on my double parked truck. Amazing what an offer of the universal friendship beer can do for ya...
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I owned the media I would be making a huge case of this one.... I would put it in the headlines for days....

where is the NRA championing this... where guns are illegal the thieves have to use bear spray... really no one was at risk of dying.... what a concept.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030085/apple-store-thieves-attack-with-bear-spray.html#tk.nl_today

Quote:
Vancouver police are investigating a brazen robbery at an Apple Store Monday night in which three male suspects allegedly sprayed 40 people with a chemical mix designed to ward off bears as they swiped an undetermined amount of Apple laptops, iPads and iPods.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every media outlet wants to get the scoop before other outlet esp. the papers. They gave that up to the TV long ago.
The Internet is now beating the TV at that game.
They want to run superior analysis like the NYT or target audience like FOX to get people to watch the ads.
Ask any reporter as I have which stories they write that get published and that will settle the matter in your mind.
They exist for profit only like my biz and yours.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what specifically you are referring to. The scoop is what any media wants. It is just there is an advantage once the scoop is out by certain media like the internet and TV as you mention.

Media ownership is sometimes for profit, do not make it a definitive. But they could care less about the actual money any media makes. Take for example The Washington times that was owned by Rev Moonie, he never made a penny with his paper. It was all propaganda was the top goal. Take some of Ruppert Murdoch his paper in NY, it has never made a profit and that has been over 20 years. He has it to harm the NYT as best he can. It has nothing to do with his paper making money. Other trust fund kids running media are like Stephens media, The guy that funded not only Paula Jones nose job but her law suits against clinton, he was a trust fund kid of the Melons he bought the Pittsburgh paper, I doubt he cares about making money. He has donated to right wing causes over a billion dollars. Isn't it amazing how the right wing media does not put his name out there like they do with Sorros, and Sorros does not even put a fraction of that kind of money into politics.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/scaifemain050299.htm

Quote:
"I don't see anything resembling a grand strategy about the man," said James Whelan, who was editor of the Sacramento Union when Scaife owned it and later became editor of the Washington Times. "In general he sees certain villains in American life and society and thinks he should do everything he can to attack them and bring them down."

Most media makes very little money itself, but it is interesting that CBS was owned by a profitable defense contractor for 40 or so years, NBC is still owned by a very profitable defense contractor for 40 some years. Fox owed by a real partisan right winger. And ABC is big on only allowing right wing talk shows on their radio stations with no liberals allowed for balance. There is no liberal that would allow such unbalanced coverage with all right wing talking heads.

here the entire net income by the NYT in Q3 last year was 2.25 million dollars... that is it. anyone who thinks that is a major money making industry, well I have some swampland in the baja to sell ya.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/times-company-posts-a-profit-but-revenue-slips/

Quote:
The share price for The New York Times Company stock tumbled nearly 22 percent on Thursday after posting lower-than-expected earnings.

The company reported third-quarter net income of $2.28 million on Thursday, a decline of more than 85 percent from the period a year earlier, when the company posted a large gain on the sale of investments and took a charge for paying down its debt ahead of schedule.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand you correctly?
The multibillion dollar media business does not make money, it is just run by conservatives to promote conservative talking points?
The NYT is not trying to make a profit and that is proven by their recent financial numbers?
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Do I understand you correctly?
The multibillion dollar media business does not make money, it is just run by conservatives to promote conservative talking points?
The NYT is not trying to make a profit and that is proven by their recent financial numbers?

Why do you think any of the communist countries that owed their media ever cared about making money with their media.

It was all about mind control.

You do realize our media is rated at the bottom of industrialized nations. If there was one area a real democracy would want to be is top of this list....

Quote:
The organisation Reporters Without Borders compiles and publishes an annual ranking of countries based upon the organisation's assessment of their press freedom records. In 2011-12 United States was ranked 47th out of 179 countries, which was a setback from the preceding year

And yes I showed you that even the most so called prestigious media company the NYT ONLY makes 2.5 million a quarter. my gosh a top good single McDonalds has a net profit higher than that. Single Oil companies have that net profit in a half a day.

and as I noted just the tip of the iceburg, ultra partisan Right wing idiot Rev Sun Young Moon, of the moonies (remember his moonies in the 60s and 70s pan handling at airports. Rev Moon owns the washing times which lost big bucks every years for his 40 years of ownership. And Murdoch keeps his trash paper in NY to go against and harm the NYTs because of his hate of anything he perceives as liberal.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5503955&page=1
Quote:
Chevron and Total wrapped up a string of gargantuan, record-breaking earnings reports from oil companies on Friday, a stretch in which six of the major international oil companies topped $50 billion in combined profit for the first time.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYT is struggling like many newspapers from a lack of readers. Murdoch is a dick who makes a huge profit from his numerous media outlets, and the Moonies are - well- Moonies.
From this you conclude that the entire media business is run by conservatives with no interest in profit as an enormous right wing propaganda machine?
The far right on this board takes selective facts and makes big generalizations that do not follow.
You ever find yourself doin that?
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Key.

I think I have backed up my assertion very well all through this thread with probably 100 examples.

Even the last post putting the USA at number 47 in freedom of the press.. You are welcome to dig into the details of the newspaper in NY that nurdoch owns and how they are losing money. You are welcome to dig into the fact that Westinghouse a defense contractor making bank in their other divisions owned a money losing media called CBS for 40 or so years. You are welcome to go into GE a defense contractor financials and find out why they owned a media NBC that barely makes any money vs the other parts of their holdings. You are welcome to tell me why ABC has not one liberal on their radio stations and only partisan pit bull morons if the owner was a liberal.

You are welcome to name specifically the liberals that own media, yes there is the one that owns or owned the san jose mercury news. I named some trust fund kids like the owner of atlantas papers, Pittsburgs paper, Stephens media many papers, the owner of the chicago tribune company that has been in that family since General McCormick bought it some 100 years ago. In fact the chicago tribune had never endorsed a democrat for president till Obama was running. Gee the Wall street Journal the largest paper in the US was right wing before Murdoch the worlds largest owner of media bought it.

Radio 90% plus right wing partisan pit bulls. I think the exact number 95%. And that does not even include the airtime of the religious right stations of hate. Do you realize when air america was on the radio they were setting records for listeners, but could not find the measly 3 million a year to keep broadcasting. That is a pidly amount vs what you see a sheldon addleson types give.

You are welcome to attack those facts. Please educate me to what I have not presented in this thread. Please show me specifically where I have erred. My gosh the right certainly has not done it. They gave up a long time ago.

If you can not come up with some facts that are on that large scale.

again just the fact we are considered the 47th nation in free press should be factual enough for you to start to ralize that we do not have freedom when the free press is not the best in the world, not even close to the best, we are below basically every major developed nation in the world.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

other world examples of the control of the media to get their way;

One of the main ways the CIA goes after countries that are totalitarian regimes is they launched the voice of america. CIA even 10 years ago started their own Arab broadcast station that was based out of Virginia.

Thailand had a person who controlled the media to win office and squash opposition.

Italy the same.

Read about Conrad Black, a right wing Canadian buying media in the USA, he would buy a paper, fire ONLY the liberal writers and cut more and sell and move on. On the surface that does not seem like a big deal but it is not easy anywhere to find new jobs. This right winger ended up in jail in the USA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/31/conrad-black-supreme-court-appeal-rejected_n_869027.html?ir=Media
Quote:
Black's empire once included the Chicago Sun-Times, The Daily Telegraph of London and smaller papers across the U.S. and Canada.

don't you find it amazing how the 99% of people do not know who even this troll is but all right wingers know Sorros who did not own media.

Olin. this trust fund kid spent in todays money probably about 1-2 billion supporting right wing propaganda. He was 3rd generation right wing hate, their money was made in the civil war selling military ammunitions to both sides. and continued on i defense contracting. He was one of the founders of media control by the right wing.

http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 36 of 277

Jump to: