myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Vets recieving letters from the VA stating that they can't purchase firearms

ammo prices have more than doubled

That's if you can find ammo. With demand through the roof, supply has nearly ground to a halt. I'm using up crates of it in my training, which requires that I drive to the store almost daily to buy two little boxes at a time (the daily limit imposed by stores so everybody can have some) IF they have any in stock.

And do you WANT mentally incompetent ex-soldiers carrying guns? I don't.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NRA current marketing strategy is to once again loudly scream into the faces of the gullible that they are taking your guns away again.
Go out ye faithful and buy our products in truckloads.
Take a second mortgage on your house. Use the kids college money.
In return for your support we will double the price of everything so we can spend more money cranking up the hysteria until our profits set new records.
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
That's if you can find ammo. With demand through the roof, supply has nearly ground to a halt. I'm using up crates of it in my training, which requires that I drive to the store almost daily to buy two little boxes at a time (the daily limit imposed by stores so everybody can have some) IF they have any in stock. .

One of the reasons why I learned to reload many years ago. Now that I don't shoot as much I don't have the gear anymore. BUT I did retain about 1000 .223 bullets (both generic quality and match grade) and about 1000 9mm rounds. I would have thought they would be gone by now, but aren't. Hmm, maybe I should go out and shoot something..... Rolling Eyes
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ammo thing has gotten out of hand. Between Homeland security buying 1.6 billion rounds, and the crazies buying up every round and weapon on the shelves, this is a real frenzy. Weapons and ammo manufacturers are working 24 hours a day.

I must speculate that 3 to 1 righties are buying guns and ammo over lefties and gang bangers. Laughing

Is Obama worried about a revolution? I wonder. I don't think any polititian cares about people dying or they'd try to regulate pistols. There is something below the surface in this thing for sure, and it ain't the kids at Sandy Hook IMO.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pols have regularly tried to regulate pistols with little success.
Even the lesser and ineffective goal of regulating assault rifles is likely to fail.
Soon the NRA will turn its attention to stun grenades, cop killer bullets, grenade launchers and the gov. will no longer be able to regulate those.
The lobbyist army is the most powerful army on earth.
They do daily bombing runs on Congress with packets of hundred dollar bills.
Since they make most decisions in Congress we should be able to elect them and just hire the present Congressmen who work for them.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey wrote:

And do you WANT mentally incompetent ex-soldiers carrying guns? I don't.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
Who's the sanest of them all?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mikey, you say the funniest things sometimes!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
isobars wrote:
That's if you can find ammo. With demand through the roof, supply has nearly ground to a halt. I'm using up crates of it in my training, which requires that I drive to the store almost daily to buy two little boxes at a time (the daily limit imposed by stores so everybody can have some) IF they have any in stock. .

One of the reasons why I learned to reload many years ago. Now that I don't shoot as much I don't have the gear anymore. BUT I did retain about 1000 .223 bullets (both generic quality and match grade) and about 1000 9mm rounds. I would have thought they would be gone by now, but aren't. Hmm, maybe I should go out and shoot something..... Rolling Eyes

I used to reload also. Mostly hunting rounds and .41mag. But, you still need bullets and powder! This whole rush on ammo reminds me of 1992, when Clinton was elected. My target shooting friends and I bought up a bunch of 9 mm, figuring it would be limited later. Sort of like buying gold right now, I guess.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
I did retain about 1000 .223 bullets (both generic quality and match grade) and about 1000 9mm rounds.

A search of one defensive shooter's home discovered one little fist-sized box of 50 cartridges, pretty much the smallest box they come in. Imagine the jury's response when the prosecutor told the jury, "The man before you had enough ammunition stored in his home to kill 50 people."

In just one of the one-day courses my wife and I are taking, we fired >500 rounds into targets. The AR-15 course shoots > 1200 per person.

BTW ... most of you will be happy to hear that my wife shot me between the eyes in our first live fire course. Bullet fragments returned from the rear of the range to hit one cm above the bridge of my polycarbonate eyeglasses. It felt like a hard, close-range slingshot impact, drawing blood and producing an instant welt. Don't even think about shooting without serious eye protection.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a wonderful way to spend your retirement years, Mr. and Mrs. ISO.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Thailand there is little private ownership of guns, so it is quite difficult for criminals to get stolen guns from private houses.
As a result the rate of gun killings is very low, despite the constant war and political turmoil in the Laos , Myanmar ,Vietnam region of the Golden Triangle.
Most folks are Buddhist so there are suggestions all over to avoid violence by walking away from all types of confrontations. Muggings are usually a big guy grabbing a small one and going through his pockets.
My expat friend is a history teacher who told me this was the most usual mugging in America not that long ago in our history.
Now the gun nuts have made us all safe by arming everybody and the bad guys can steal guns everywhere or buy them at gun shows with ease.
Shooting ranges are popular but the normal looking rifles shoot laser "bullets"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 73 of 331

Jump to: