myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

Yeah, that's it, you got me all figured out. When you've got nothing, you have to resort to personal crap, but it's expected, you guys never fail with that. Just more water off this duck's back.

N-dub..... seriously? I love your "equasion."
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
nw30 wrote:

Yeah, that's it, you got me all figured out. When you've got nothing, you have to resort to personal crap, but it's expected, you guys never fail with that. Just more water off this duck's back.

N-dub..... seriously? I love your "equasion."

LOL, thanks for proving my point.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

...thanks for proving my point.

You had a point?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW and similar wing-nuts. You continue to be hilarious, but only inadvertently. You aspire to write serious criticisms of Obama and the healthcare bill--but you are so sloppy in your ability to use language, much less balanced sources, that you destroy your credibility in the process. So you've found an African-American surgeon, an inspirational figure, to hitch your wagon to. But wait, he is basing his world view on taxation on the bible, not on modern times. And you fail to understand that misspelling words, frequently, lets everyone know that you are not careful about either what you say, or how you say it. But it is someone else's fault. And posted under something other than health care or tax policy.

Certainly there are intelligent--and credible--critiques of the Affordable Healthcare Bill. Maybe they should be posted under the appropriate topic, and credible. In that event, you might be taken seriously. Until then, I offer this observation from the more recent past, from Aldous Huxley:

Quote:
That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that History has to teach
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW and similar wing-nuts. You continue to be hilarious, but only inadvertently. You aspire to write serious criticisms of Obama and the healthcare bill--but you are so sloppy in your ability to use language, much less balanced sources, that you destroy your credibility in the process. So you've found an African-American surgeon, an inspirational figure, to hitch your wagon to. But wait, he is basing his world view on taxation on the bible, not on modern times. And you fail to understand that misspelling words, frequently, lets everyone know that you are not careful about either what you say, or how you say it. But it is someone else's fault. And posted under something other than health care or tax policy.

Certainly there are intelligent--and credible--critiques of the Affordable Healthcare Bill. Maybe they should be posted under the appropriate topic, and credible. In that event, you might be taken seriously. Until then, I offer this observation from the more recent past, from Aldous Huxley:

Quote:
That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that History has to teach
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stop laughing ... HARD ... at this Chris Dorner story coverage. It's been unfolding live and nonstop on the actual NEWS channel all afternoon ... his home invasion, his carjacking, the two shootouts involving hundreds of rounds, his confinement in the cabin, the roadblocks closing down surrounding highways, the FAA banning news choppers from the siege to protect advancing SWAT teams, the tear gas barrage, the single shot inside the cabin he's been holed up in, the flames engulfing the cabin, boxes of ammunition exploding, the end of the biggest manhunt in CA history, the opening of the highways, the rationale and evidence that the manhunt is now reduced to final forensic verification of Dorner's remains, followed by a lengthy return to normal programming.

Move on, folks ... there's nothing more here to see unless final forensics convince the 1,140 cops in this manhunt that the perp was a Dorner doppelganger.

Out of morbid curiosity, my wife turned to MSNBC's "Hairball with Chris Matthews", and the grim reality of it all lapsed into peals of explosive laughter.

'Member , now ... this has all ended, the final on-scene police briefings have wound down, the SWAT teams are having a big barbecue ... the party's over ... and here comes "Hairball Noos" with BREAKING NEWS. This is not direct quotes, but neither is it an exaggeration:
"We expect President Obama to discuss the economy, gun control, and unemployment. But in the meantime, look; there's a home on fire in the Big Bear, CA area, not far from where police whistleblower Christopher Dorner is rumored to have been last seen. There may be some connection, but probably not, as the police are settling down into the prospect of an all-night standoff against the heavily armed ex-cop."

That mind-boggling ignorance continued, but I was laughing too hard to hear any more of it. Still curious, and to catch my breath, I switched to CNN. "The President will probably address the economy, and, oh, look ... there's a fire on the monitor. Anybody know know what that's about?" (That IS an exaggeration, but not by much.)

How can BSNBC and CNN claim to be "news" networks?

Last edited by isobars on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey wrote:

How can BSNBC and CNN claim to be "news" networks?

<sarcasm>

Oh, gosh, once again you're right, Mikey. When it comes to honesty, journalistic integrity, and intelligence, they can't begin to compare to Fox "News."

</sarcasm>

Laughing Laughing Laughing

wynsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it guys, mainstream media is all b.s. Tune into whatever it is you want to hear. Who's propaganda do you want to swallow? Good luck getting anything "fair and balanced".
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slinky the media is all about money, not someone's agenda.
Fox News will start streaming extreme liberal propaganda tomorrow if the owners think it will sell more ad time to laundry soap makers.
Ask anyone who works in the media, left or right.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the media is NOT all just about money! (The evil one doesn't have a monopoly of all outlets.)

The people who contribute to the serious press, and the serious news channels are, as Slinky suggests, politically motivated and have an inbuilt belief system of a natural left or right wing agenda. Hence they gravitate to whichever outlet matches their sincerely held beliefs.

Our B.B.C. has, for very many years, been run by people of liberal leaning who have 'slanted' the system by promoting those who sing from their (correct, as they see it) hymn sheet, and sidelining those of a different leaning. It has become biassed to the left, as an internal enquiry has now admitted. (They value their reputation for impartiallity, and claim to be addressing the issue.)

I'm not saying bias is necessarily underhand because MANY of our more serious minded newspaper contributors hold strong convictions (right, or left) and their views need to be considered. They are NOT motivated simply by money!

I read a mixture, some views being very extreme, but, on some difficult topical issues (mass uncontrolled immigration for instance) the arguments become very intense, and heated. To suggest that serious contributors are motivated just by the money really is an insult to their core beliefs, and integrity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 31 of 277

Jump to: