myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bizarre Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Seriously?

yeah

Last edited by MalibuGuru on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks asshole
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Thanks asshole

Just the facts. Sadly abortion affects not only the baby, but the parents too. 50 million aborted, and all you can say is "asshole". Get some perspective man. "Asshole"?? This might be a better world if people took responsibility for their actions. Cared for their children. Worked for a higher goal. Sadly, this was a forced abortion in China, our biggest trading partner. I'd rather not trade with them, or push abortion so smugly. This is a serious topic that deserves respect.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this whole thing is going down the tubes pretty fast.

All I wanted to do was point out some perceived differences between today and the 50's just for the entertainment value. Then, all the lefties go off the deep end get bent out of shape politically for no good reason.

As for MY experience as a 5-14 year old in the 50's, it was wonderful. I am sorry that I was not in tune with all the social and political issue of the day, but what would you expect from a 10 year old kid?

Mac can't seem to clear the crap from his brain, all he can do is highlight the perceived negative political and social issues from a historical perspective no matter what decade we are discussing. From his perspective, it seems that there wasn't/isn't a good time to grow up or be living in this country. Agreed, turmoil throughout the world and our country has/is/will always be an issue, but it doesn't mean that growing up in the 50's was a negative thing.

If I had a choice, I would rather keep my birth date than trade it for today.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...the US's largest trading partner is Canada, the country directly to our North, not China. Why is that? because we really dont export much to China, they dont want our stuff, but they are happy to export all kinds of stuff to us.
Speaking of the past, one commercial that hit me really hard on Super Bowl Sunday was "God created a farmer"...which was a moving piece , narrated by the late Paul Harvey, and pitched a Dodge truck. Unfortunately, the family farming which the add depicts, and was our bread and butter in the 50's, is toast, thanks to Agri-business.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman...I worked summers on my Grandparent's farm in North Dak.. It was not as romantic as some would have us believe.

I am glad I wasn't born 10 years earlier to enjoy the fifties. That would mean my knees would be 10 years older now pushing those newer big mountain skiis. Can you imagine missing out on big fat skiis?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Boggsman...I worked summers on my Grandparent's farm in North Dak.. It was not as romantic as some would have us believe.

I am glad I wasn't born 10 years earlier to enjoy the fifties. That would mean my knees would be 10 years older now pushing those newer big mountain skiis. Can you imagine missing out on big fat skiis?

No, I cant. I love my Volkl Katana's (111mm under foot).
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

No, I cant. I love my Volkl Katana's (111mm under foot).

Coincidence. I am thinking of demoing that ski on Friday at Silverton Mtn. My fat tele boards are wasting me..time to fix the heel in the powder too!!
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bard for the knee jerk reaction. Abortion debate aside, that's my standard response when I see (usually) males holding up color posters of aborted fetuses.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Sorry bard for the knee jerk reaction. Abortion debate aside, that's my standard response when I see (usually) males holding up color posters of aborted fetuses.

Thanks Doggie. I was pretty dramatic too. BTW, I'm for education and counseling because in the end there is no turning back from that act, or the act of shooting someone. Perspective is important. I believe we should do everything to reduce both, short of outlawing either.

Boggs, I've been looking for a way to invest in farming. As you know there is no easy way for the casual small time investor. The liberals and I have something in common. And getting back to the 50's, the era of the family farm, less abortion, intact families, Orange County was full of Oranges....wouldn't be half bad. When I was a baby, 20 acres was sold in Thousand Oaks for $300. Recently the same acreage was sold for $17 million. It seems to me there was more upside in the 50's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 22 of 37

Jump to: