myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
No easy answers we're all farked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't anyone find it a bit inappropriate for a dog to be posting kitten pictures?
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a dog
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the kitty picture. Love your sense of humor. Laughter is the best medicine as they say.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
I'm not really a dog

That's what most dogs think.
Wink

coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
windoggie wrote:
I'm not really a dog

That's what most dogs think.
Wink

Mo...I wasn't sure if this was true. So, I asked my dog. She replied "how would I know?"
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now even Krugman is admitting that we face middle class tax hits to pay for Obamacare and that "Palin's" death panels will be necessary.
http://tinyurl.com/bcwvj2w

Pull THAT finger, you loons.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars' link takes you to pure nonsense. The quotes they attribute to Krugman are taken so out of context to become totally meaningless. Nothing but convolved nonsense like one would find on Fox News, only worse. You have to wonder about those folks that eat up on such poorly constructed propaganda.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether Krugman is crazy or not, Where is the money going to come from? It seems the entire planet is engaged in a syncopated debasing of their currencies to pay for these kinds of things. Our country and president should focus on generating revenue through growth. The 1% cannot take care of the 99%. When you debase the currency, and regulate your economy, you get no growth. Especially in small businesses. How do we get SMALL businesses growing?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, whenever I've watched Paul Krugman, or read one of his commentaries, he makes a lot of sense to me. However, I do realize that those on the right have a lot of difficulty with the ideas that Krugman promotes, but you have to admit that the Investor Daily article was a joke.

I have to say that I agree with you that we as a nation should focus on generating revenue through growth. We need a strong middle class that creates demand for products and services. That's why I'm with Krugman about investing in our infrastructure and promoting jobs, especially given the fact that the cost of money these days is so cheap. The idea that the private sector is capable and willing to invest to jump start our economy is proven to be a pipedream. There's way to much money on the sidelines waiting for demand to pick up. If the private sector won't invest, I feel that the government should do what is necessary to stimulate the economy. That means that more revenue needs to be brought in to pay for important investments that we will need to grow in the decades ahead. That's why it crucial that negotiations associated with the Sequester include tax reform that revises some deductions and eliminates many loopholes in a goal to generate more revenue. There needs to be a balance between spending cuts and new revenues. Republicans can dream that the revenue side of things is over with the agreements reached at the end of 2012, but that is just a specious argument with very little merit.

Regarding small businesses and stimulating their growth, you and I differ about cutting regulations. Maybe there are some regulations that need to tweaked or eliminated, but that's got to be predicated on the details. Like I've pointed out to you in the past, you can't sell a concept without covering all the details. In my view, the worn Republican talking points just don't make the grade.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
How do we get SMALL businesses growing?

For starters, lower taxes, fewer idle and real threats, FAR less red tape, more certainty, and realization by President Obama that the private sector is not the enemy he said it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 13 of 45

Jump to: