myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bizarre Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Techno--if you are going to post such nonsense, you should at least identify what right wing mouthpiece for Rupert Murdoch was your source.

Easy, Mac, easy. Give Techno some creative space. These guys are going nuts trying to find any little Obama offense to fuel their indignation and hate, even if the offense occurred during W's reign of stupidity.
_______

Here's one for you, Techno.

Dick goes quail hunting with an acquaintance and accidentally shoots him in the face with a shotgun.

1957: Dick is arrested, taken to the police station, spends the night in jail, spends $25,000 on a lawyer to defend him. He's finally released after posting $10,000 bond. Dick's expensive, custom-made, hand-tooled shotgun is "lost" during the proceedings.

Feb. 11, 2006: Nothing happens to Dick. He goes home and never even apologizes to his hunting partner, who suffered a mild heart attack because of the lead shot lodged in his chest.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Techno, you forgot the War On Christmas
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno...thanks for the good laugh, that's good stuff....where did you get it ? MAD Magazine?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pueno--creativity, and humor, are fair game. If funny and not in poor taste. Plagiarism is un-credited stealing. Here's the source: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5002917

I don't find jokes about lock-downs and guns near schools to be either funny, or in acceptable taste. But good taste is aquired by trying different things, and by listening when people tell you they are offended by what you have said. I have been in a lock down in an elementary school, where there was a real gun involved. It is not funny, and the gun nuts don't have a clue.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Pueno--creativity, and humor, are fair game. If funny and not in poor taste. Plagiarism is un-credited stealing. Here's the source: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5002917

I don't find jokes about lock-downs and guns near schools to be either funny, or in acceptable taste. But good taste is aquired by trying different things, and by listening when people tell you they are offended by what you have said. I have been in a lock down in an elementary school, where there was a real gun involved. It is not funny, and the gun nuts don't have a clue.

Tongue-in-cheek, Mac.

Humor the poor guy. He's twisting into a pretzel trying to justify hatred. Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Just something from the web for those that remember the "good old days" ...

These people don't get your point, Techno. That's called "progress" in their world.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pueno--you obviously get it. You provided a parody of the dramedy. You showed some creativity, and humor. Escapes many.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys crack me up. I am sent something from a friend that seems a bit ironic and entertaining and post it for your enjoyment. I saw no need to identify the source, it was just for fun. I didn't claim it as mine, I said it was from the web.

Don't take everything so seriously. Lighten up, enjoy life and remember what it was like in the 50's. It was a great time to be growing up.

Last edited by techno900 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
You guys crack me up. I am sent something from a friend that seems a bit ironic and entertaining and post it for your enjoyment. I saw no need to identify the source, it was just for fun.

Don't take everything so seriously. Lighten up, enjoy life and remember what it was like in the 50's. It was a great time to be growing up.

speak for yourself ... I was born in 1966, I just prefer to hang out with old geezers!!!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life in the fifties featured segregation in the south, many deaths due to the prohibitions on abortion, covenants against selling houses to black and Jewish people in the Los Angeles basin, polio, McCarthy, and rampant abuse of young boys by Catholic priests--covered up by the Vatican. Which of these was your favorite memory?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 20 of 37

Jump to: