myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
LOL, you bit anyway. I try to annoy at least one liberal everyday

That's called trolling, and stoops to their level. When I post some fact or opinion contrary to their mindset, its primary purpose is to inform them they're wrong (in the case of facts) or that there are valid opinions besides their own.

I don't always try or have the time to prove my facts, and don't expect anyone to accept them at face value, without proof. I'm merely making them aware that their claims disagree with proven facts so if they care about their credibility, they can ... look it up. The sound references I have provided when I so chose should convince anyone interested in getting to the bottom of issues that my factual claims are very likely easily provable.

If disproving their BS or offering and supporting different opinions annoys them, that's just icing on the cake.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's the knight in shining armor from the Great Northwest spreading the truth and light for all to see. What a pantload!
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Oh, it's the knight in shining armor from the Great Northwest spreading the truth and light for all to see. What a pantload!

Mikey has big pants.

mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How profound. If you don't have anything substantive to say you try to be annoying? You must make your mother proud!
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is funnier the longer you think about it. I have known people whose ambition was to cure cancer, make money, win the NCAA basketball tournament. I've known many mayors, a governor and other elected officials. This is the first time I've heard of someone who capped their ambition at being annoying--and then bragged about it.

One thing is certain. NW has a greater chance of realizing his ambition than most high school kids who want to be a professional athlete. Tell me--is there money in this field for anyone but Bill Maher?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At http://tinyurl.com/b7zvv4d , John Dickerson urges Obama in writing to "pulverize" and "destroy" the GOP, to "pull out all the stops" and "go for the throat" of the GOP.

How is that network bias? Well, John Dickerson is the Political News Director of CBS.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giddy CNN Correspondent: ‘I Feel Like I Should Pinch Myself Right Now’
By Matt Hadro | January 21, 2013 | 16:22

CNN correspondent Jim Acosta was positively giddy while covering President Obama's inauguration parade on Monday afternoon, and didn't hold back his feelings on-air.

"You know, I feel like I should pinch myself right now, Wolf. I can't believe I have this vantage point of history in the making," Acosta gushed.

Acosta later added that "It's good to be the President. It's almost like being a rock star on every street corner of Washington on this day."

Unfortunately, Acosta has not been alone at CNN in exhibiting extreme enthusiasm for President Obama. During the inauguration parade, Wolf Blitzer raved about "history over here" and shouted out and waved at Obama as he passed by.

As NewsBusters reported earlier, CNN reporter Tom Foreman made it a personal task to write a letter to the president every day of Obama's first term. In one of his over 1,400 missives, he called Obama "such a kidder" for ignoring him and wondered why the Secret Service had not tried to put a stop to his strange activity.

CNN has been far from the only network to feature left-leaning correspondents feeling giddy over the second Obama term, however. NBC's Al Roker shouted and cheered as the president walked past him and later begged Vice President Joe Biden to shake his hand. His NBC colleagues cheered his supposed triumph afterward.

Over at ABC, reporter Bill Weir, oohed over the festivities and pronounced that people attending the inauguration were "counting on history to keep them warm." Four years ago, Weir was even more effusive, proclaiming that local seagull birds were "awed" at Obama being sworn in.

Meanwhile, less convenient news is being ignored. The media are devoting very little coverage to the fact that more than $50 million has been spent on inauguration activities during wartime (a big no-no to the liberal press during the Bush years) and that rapper Lupe Fiasco was kicked off the stage at a DC concert after criticizing Obama.

A transcript of the Acosta segment, which aired on January 21 on CNN Presidential Inauguration 2013 coverage at 3:47 p.m. EST, follows:

JIM ACOSTA: And obviously, this is the moment that everybody is waiting for on Inauguration Day when the President and the First Lady step out of their limo and walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. You know, I feel like I should pinch myself right now, Wolf. I can't believe I have this vantage point of history in the making.

WOLF BLITZER: You're literally what, about 15, 20 feet away from the President?

ACOSTA: I'm probably a good – I would say 50 feet away from the President right now, Wolf. Very, very close.

(...)

ACOSTA: But one thing you can say, Wolf. It's good to be the President. It's almost like being a rock star on every street corner of Washington on this day because every time he hits a new intersection, the cheers go up on both sides of Pennsylvania Avenue, and for the President it's just a whole new group of Americans to greet as he makes his way towards the White House. And I have to tell you, it's been pretty exciting to watch all of this unfold from the back of this flatbed truck.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/01/21/giddy-cnn-correspondent-feels-he-needs-pinch-himself-obamas-second-inaug#ixzz2IfhQQblq
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Say what you want about the source mac, it doesn't matter.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the news busters site you quoted from nw. Read some of the comments to various articles. That's your peer group? Ummmmm. Ok.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the next 4 years those muckrakers at newsbusters.org are going to have their hands full trying to please the likes of NW30 and others like him that have a problem with all those crazy liberals and their pro-government antics. Luckily, they've got the assistance and support from our fearless character from the Great Northwest. His tireless pursuit against liberalism is legendary.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
keycocker wrote:
What's an MSM?

Really?
Main Stream Media, basically everything outside of FNC.

Yeah, really? NW , it might be hard to believe , but not everybody spends their day tethered to the Drudge Report, while free basing Fox news.
enjoy the next four years, I know I will ...S&P 5 year high........yee ha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 27 of 277

Jump to: