myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Today Reply with quote

CTuna,

I was on my Bic with the 7.0. Very overpowered on the outside and got worked. But it helped on the inside ans the wind was coming slightly offshore at times creating extremely up and down conditions inside.

One other guy was out on a board slightly over 100 L and with a 5.0 sail.

I had no trouble getting out. Just made sure it was between sets.

I launched at 12:15 P.M. Sailed for about an hour and felt pretty worked. But it felt good. I was going to pack it in, but then the other guy went out and after a bit of a rest I went back out again. The wind was picking up and after getting slammed a few times and having some dramatic crashes and still having great fun, I decided to call it quits as a few muscles and tendons seemed to have had too much and were protesting.

Great waves though. Something we do not get enough of at NB.
nicolas72

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Tomales ? Reply with quote

Any report from today @ tomales ? Thinking about going tomorow hoping for a repeat. Would not want to end up lonely there...
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: 3rd Ave. Reply with quote

3rd Ave was fantastic today considering it's January (the new March?).

Three people went from lower launch and a bigger handful from upper launch. I did the classic first reach with no harness, oops, so after backtracking to get it I was finally underaway. Rode 5.4m/86L, more than plenty for me.

Really nice to be powered and zipping around, banking and slashing on that fat channel windswell, a few jumps here and there, what more can you ask for! Nice to be some doing some form of "surfing" without having to endure all that paddling, duckdiving, beatdown, and sitting/chumming nonsense. Wind Power!

kevinkan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Tomales ? Reply with quote

nicolas72 wrote:
Any report from today @ tomales ? Thinking about going tomorow hoping for a repeat. Would not want to end up lonely there...

A couple friends went up to Tomales and said it was great... sounded like they were on 4.5-5.0 steady.... nice swell earlier.

Went to Crissy today and it was freezing cold

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
jse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Tomales Reply with quote

Great weekend for the few of us who made it there. (About 5-6 each day). 3 hour sessions on Saturday and Sunday, 4.5 both days. Not too cold. Tomales has a way of throwing you to the wolves early in the season, so it was nice to cruise and not have to rig down, and down, and down...

Steve
chriswallace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Speed runs... Reply with quote

3 of us were out at the channel at Bodega making fast runs in pretty flat water with the low tide. Because of a new rock breakwater, you now have to launch at the boat ramp. Cold fun on Sunday. Avery went 39 mph.
Cw
jse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Tomales Reply with quote

3rd day in a row at Tomales. Windiest yet, 4.0 all afternoon.

Steve
gerritt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Da Spot Reply with quote

Man what an end to January. 4 day blow, waves from solid logo down to waist high and wind from 5.0 to 4.2 (for me). Waves dropping and wind increasing as the days progressed. If you missed that window from Saturday to Tuesday, then you need to unlock your mindset of the "windsurfing season."
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sun. Feb. 3 Reply with quote

So-so on 6.4. OK for my purposes: trying to learn to sail a board a step smaller than my previous one, and trying a shorter fin than the 44 cm monster that came with the board. That fin might be needed for 8.5-9.0, but my largest sail is 7.3. The new 36 cm fin feels more appropriate.

A couple of kiteboarders were out, no other windsurfers.
NickB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What board did you get?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 398 of 427

Jump to: