myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people are murdered with clubs than guns.

In China where guns are outlawed, they use swords, gasoline, clubs and spears to mass murder children.

Let's say we had no guns....Wouldn't the crazy just load up a van with gasoline and drive into a crowded school or church event?

We need to live within the 2nd amendment, and bring back personal responsibility, and lock up the mentally ill. We need to execute mass murderers within 30 days. We need to make it easy for a spouse, son or daughter to report possible violent behavior, and put a hold on any gun ownership in the case of threatening or irrational behavior.

Don't mess with our bill of rights.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually in China it is quite difficult to succeed at mass murder, thpugh they seem to have at least as many psychos as we do. An example was the same week mass attack in a grade school as in Conn.
Every child survived. Not impossible to kill a large group, just a lot harder before someone stops you. Also a lot easier to stop a guy with a knife than a full auto assault rifle.
All those examples say the same thing to me that you eloquently stated.
Dont disarm the people, just get it under control. Same thing every gun control supporter seems to be saying, including posts here.
To the NRA the only thing any gun control advocate wants is to disarm the entire population completely, and these are examples of why that is a bad idea. It is in every way an NRA idea, which is being assigned to those who do not support that concept at all.
This is the key phony fact in the debate, no other opinion is allowed.
That is whole point that mass murder supporter in the video is making.
They are going to take all his guns away completely, leaving with no way to kill people , so he needs to hurry up and start shooting people before it is too late.
He should be an NRA spokesman.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they going put a target on the shotguns now? Some on the left side of things would say "yes".

Student shot today at a Taft, Ca. highschool, in the class, with a 12 guage shotgun.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/10/2-shot-at-california-high-school/
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ones on the left want to take my shotgun, NW?
That kind of fool has proven very elusive, though the NRA has been looking for him a long time.
The one guy who wants to take away all our hunting guns must be out there somewhere.
FarLeft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Which ones on the left want to take my shotgun, NW?
That kind of fool has proven very elusive, though the NRA has been looking for him a long time.
The one guy who wants to take away all our hunting guns must be out there somewhere.

Hey, I'll be that one elusive leftwing fool... but first you'll have to prove to me that shotguns and hunting rifles are a serious problem to public safety. Since they consist of less than 10% of gun homicides, I'm going to conclude they're not a problem... or maybe more accurately there are other far bigger gun problems. So is it military style, assault weapons, with tremendous ammo capacity? In fact they're a subset of that "less than 10%" figure I just mentioned. By the numbers, and in terms of public safety it would make MORE sense to ban both hunting rifles and shotguns than it would to ban assault weapons. Is it automatic weapons and conversion kits (conversion kits??? WTF? I'm guessing that's a term that's been dropped by someone this week on the boob-tube), both which have been banned nation wide since the 30's? There isn't even a figure for gun homicides using those type weapons, it's so far in the noise.

If the anti-gun folks are so determined to make a change through gun regulation, then why isn't anyone, ANYONE!!! taking about 75-80% of the problem? Is it because the "talking point" hasn't been issued yet on TV? What's the deal? The Virginia Tech looney killed 3 times as many people with 2 Glocks as the next runner-up using ANY weapon. So why are we talking about assault rifle bans?

And the latest flavor of the week is limits on the amount of ammo you can buy... 500? What's the logic to that? What's the most shots ever fired by the worst criminal to date? I doubt 500, so what exactly is that regulation going to prevent?

If you can put a good argument together for getting rid of guns, then I say let's launch them all into outer space. But so far we're talking about invading the moon (stolen from KPFA interview) and expecting some sort of improvement.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Are they going put a target on the shotguns now? Some on the left side of things would say "yes".

Student shot today at a Taft, Ca. highschool, in the class, with a 12 guage shotgun.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/10/2-shot-at-california-high-school/

Thanks for proving our point, NW, you really are a smart cat. If the kid had a Bushmaster, there might be 10 dead today.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FarLeft wrote:
isobars wrote:
She NEEDED more bullets. Many of the pistols flying off the shelves have clips holding 15-20 bullets, and are more powerful than that lady’s .38. Let’s hope they save far more good lives than they waste.

It's CARTRIDGES, not bullets... and MAGAZINES not clips. If I was addressing an 8 year old who was giving her first book report, or some glossy-lipped bimbo "news correspondent" on FOX/MSNBC/CNN/etc I wouldn't bother bringing it up. But you maintain you're someone with enough knowledge and experience to carry concealed? Not to mention a veteran? Your brain is either rotting or you're a total fraud. Come to think of it, most of your "gun advice" is pretty much in-line with your windsurfing recommendations.... as in WTF?!? On top of that, you tell me to "do my homework" and then send me an article written by some f'ing cherry that hunts game animals with .22 caliber full metal jacket?

IT'S THE FRINGE MORONS LIKE YOU AND THAT DOUCHE-BAG THAT GIVE THE OTHER 99% OF RESPONSIBLE GUN NUTS A BAD NAME!!!

I calmly and factually shoot down your opening gun rants without personal assassination. Are you capable of doing the same? My comment above were not intended as technical literature.

If you think I've stated something untrue (not a difference of opinions) about WSing, how about manning up and getting specific?
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to the gun show in Ventura over the weekend. Anybody want me to pick them up anything while I'm there?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Going to the gun show in Ventura over the weekend. Anybody want me to pick them up anything while I'm there?

I'll take an M4, Glock, AR-15, and a large fries.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
jpbassking wrote:

I'll take an M4, Glock, AR-15, and a large fries.
would you like that Super Sized?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 29 of 331

Jump to: