myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can't rig North Natural 6.6 and other questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
U2U2U2, thanks for the update.

Holland /the Netherlands , are where Unifiber are based.

The UK shop that is carrying quire enthused over them.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
rangerider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow-up on this topic, I bought a new 460 fiberspar mast from a dealer, rigged up the natural 6.6 - same problem, lower part of the mast doesn't flex enough even with significantly increased down haul tension resulting in battens (full loose / shortest batten setting) extending forward past the mast. Not sure if this problem would be rectified by buying a north mast but I'm not interested in this sail enough to find out. The sail is almost new - do you think I am wrong to try to sell it as long as I disclose that I could never get it to rig properly? I don't know any sailors in my area but maybe I'll connect with some guys this summer and see if anyone has any luck with it.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new Fiberspar is the correct length,460, so far as the mast bend curve being compatable only a guess, is it a SDM, RDM which model. Fiberspar is no longer being imported, any supply is from a ways back, not meaning its necessarily bad.

the remainder of your post has to do with disclosure of your opinion on resale , esp that you are no longer interested in it.

a. Its possible that your 6.6 has a defect

b. Its more likely the masts had more to do with its rigging, I would only consider it unfit after at least a session on the water.

c. Unless its known to have some defect, as a factory proto type, or visible misalligned panel......I would say nothing.. but at the same time not embellish it.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rangerider wrote:
battens (full loose / shortest batten setting) extending forward past the mast.

Does it rotate and shape properly under sail? I've owned many sails designed to rig that way, and they shaped and rotated beautifully.
rangerider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I purchased a Fiberspar 4200 close-out 460 SDM after inquiring with Ezzy if it would work with the Cheetah/Lion (they said it should work well).

The sail rotates poorly (meaning it doesn't rotate except by brute force) and looks just as bad full of wind. The kicker for me was how much worse it functioned than my Natural 8.1

I had considered buying an RDM 460 to try but the cost of the Fiberspar mast made it a steal. My new Lion 7.5 comes tomorrow and if it rigs up with the Fiberspar mast my only task is to sell the 6.6. If it doesn't rig right I will probably buy the 460 Ezzy mast and see if that fits the Natural 6.6

Appreciate the input
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: