myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Kanaha Maui - More shark activity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reef sharks don't bite? lifeguards are marine biologists?
When I asked sailors at Kanaha who saw that turtle incident they first said it was a tiger, then demurred when I asked how they knew the species.
They said same as you "everyone else said it was atiger and the lifeguard didn't disagree but all we saw was a commotion and a hurt turtle"
I saw a cell phone picture of a fin far away.
The guy with the phone laughed when I asked him why he said that it was a pic of a tiger. He said all sharks sighted are called tigers.

I based my idea about the size and type of that shark at the sewer plant on the statement made by the guy and his friend on another board.
The guy was laying on the shark at one point .
Are you sure sure that your source of info is more accurate than the vic?
I realize this is subject that winds folks up and do not dispute any of the reports by witnesses. Those reports are the ones I am sharing here. It is the additional "facts" derived from a blurry photo of a fin or altering the guys account who was laying on the shark that I am wondering about.

As to the French guy.
You dispute the Wind interview with the doctor because a coral cut doesn't bleed and the guy was too far out and almost died.
The doc said it was the worse coral cut he had seen.
Ever had a coral cut? They often bleed a lot, I have five or six scars.
The sailor himself said he was not that far out, he said it was that shallow area out there in front of the rock pile by the kiddy pool. I got cut there yesterday. He almost died? He and the doc forgot to mention that in the interviews. How did you know that?
3.7_Maui

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: keycocker - get an I.Q. Reply with quote

Keycocker: get real! Where do you live - Kansas?

First of it was a tiger shark, they feed on sea turtles- can you tell me one other shark that eats sea turtles that looks like that? Get the point, it is obvious. If a sea lion is attacked by a shark in Santa Cruz it was a Great White - every single time, same with sea turtles in Hawaii - it will always be a Tiger shark. The marine biologist Naughton is referring to the shark attacks as Tigers, how come everyone in Hawaii knows these are tiger sharks except for you? And yes lifeguards also concluded it was a 10-12' Tiger, If you think more than the do maybe you can give them a class. Reef sharks are a joke as far as taking out people in an atack - it never happens in Hawaii anyway. They do not have the power to destroy surfboards and rocket people off of them. It really is obviously simple if you live in Hawaii - have you ever lived in Hawaii? Than you would know it was a tiger, it is what they do. And the photo is very clear - the shark is only about 20 yards from shore.

Now you keep insisting the french wind surfer cut himself on rocks or the reef when the accounts from the hospital report he was in critical condition and had teeth marks on him - so I provided facts to back up everything I claim - your turn to provide a link to the article saying the french windsurfer did the impossible by shredding of his calf in the summer at Kanaha in the reef or rocks, so you claim the newspaper reporter, paramedics, and Hospital were all lying about this?

DO NOT RESPOND WITHOUT FIRST PROVIDING FACTS FROM THE PRESS BACKING UP WHAT YOU SAY SINCE YOU DISCREDIT EVERYTHING I SAY WHICH I HAVE BACKED UP WITH LINKS CONFIRMING FROM OTHER SOURCES INCLUDING EXPERTS!

http://mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/566263/Preying-on-sea-turtle--paddle-board.html?nav=10

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/20237212/explanation-for-maui-shark-attack-eludes-experts

http://www.stragiotti.ch/Flavio/bis_2004/sport/windsurf/shark.htm#on17
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: keycocker - get an I.Q. Reply with quote

3.7_Maui wrote:
Keycocker: get real! ...
DO NOT RESPOND WITHOUT FIRST PROVIDING FACTS FROM THE PRESS BACKING UP WHAT YOU SAY SINCE YOU DISCREDIT EVERYTHING I SAY WHICH I HAVE BACKED UP WITH LINKS CONFIRMING FROM OTHER SOURCES INCLUDING EXPERTS!

Good luck with that, 3.7. That's his modus operandi.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry 3.7 I only meant to suggest that underwater identifications are a bit hard. Didn't mean to seem to disagree with everything you say.
When iso comes in cheerleading for bad blood between waterman, I know tne chat is going the wrong way.
Might see you around Kanaha. I live in Makawao.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: