myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
women
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUV the Laser photo ! Cool

I feel windsurfing is more a balance thing rather than Brut strength, so females seem more adapt at coping with the forces , they need too because they , most part, don't have the strength to manhandle (intended) the rig.

They certainly add a sense of grace and beauty .

Some are going to find the wetsuit grunge, the confusing sizes of gear associated with the rig not so much to their liking, nor the fix and repair on gear. Watching my wife hammer a nail is point enough

It great to see anyone on the water having a good time.

SusieQ above is a really strong sailor amongst all.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
wdsurf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: women sailing Reply with quote

Very Happy i,m a lucky guy!been windsurfing for over 3 decades with my wife by my side EVERY SESSION Exclamation in the gorge,hatteras,oregon coast, or at home on the great lakes.she sup,s when theres no wind kites when there is a little wind with 8,6,or 5 kites then when its WINDY she windsurfs with 3.4,3.0 2.7 on her 64 ltr.quatro Exclamation and she,s at the tail end of her 5th. decade YOUNG Laughing

hamburg 9-14-09 037.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  365.77 KB
 Viewed:  15098 Time(s)

hamburg 9-14-09 037.JPG

Last edited by wdsurf on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ugly_Bird

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: women sailing Reply with quote

wdsurf wrote:
Very Happy i,m a lucky guy!been windsurfing for over 3 decades with my wife by my side EVERY SESSION Exclamation in the gorge,hatteras,oregon coast, or at home on the great lakes.she sup,s when theres no wind kites when there is a little wind with 8,6,or 5 kites then when its WINDY she windsurfs with 3.4,3.0 2.7 on her 64 ltr.quatro Exclamation and she,s at the tail end of her 5th. decade YOUNG Laughing

It is awesome!

More pictures what sailing women can do.

http://cs44.userapi.com/v44730/686/pri44ocHjb4.jpg

On the next day after this picture was taken, our second, Nickolay, was born. Yes, 9-month preganant lady sailing a laser!

And here one week later:

http://cs44.userapi.com/v44730/689/UN2UyUnHBiA.jpg

Me, not sailing here, but being on shore with the baby Very Happy
First thing she said after that session: "Cool! I do not need to be careful any longer"
gwenrider1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls, I need your advice. Cool
Have you ever used coupons (like these http://www.sammydress-coupon.com/) to get a discount?
How did you do that?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwen ... moderators ... stop the frigging spamming.
Alena

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Windsurfing widows Reply with quote

Guys these are the happy stories.
And there are the guys that leave their unhappy family behind to windsurf (windsurfing widows) and the women that do the same to their own family who see this as a total waist of time . This is less common,
Not a good situation. Windsurfing takes over because it is so much fun.
No regrets.
Alena
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took my wife a few years to realize how much this means to me. Now she knows instantly and without asking when I walk in the door how my windy day went. But the big factor in her enthusiasm for --- not mere acceptance of -- my obsession is that she doesn't depend on me or others to be happy in her skin, whether I'm gone for a few hours or for a long summer.
wdsurf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Women's gear Reply with quote

My wife uses nolimtz skinny,s .her whole quiver fits on 340.2.7 to 4.0.also get your wife one of the smaller diameter carbon booms.got her 211 130 to 180 24cm grip SHE LOVES IT. Very Happy fought me though after I have been using thr 211 boom 2years. Evil or Very Mad
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuzieQ wrote:
I have always said that behind every goodfemale sailor, there is a supportive male. Altho this may seem anti-feminine, the truth of the matter is that windsurfing equipment can be confusing and too technical to the average woman. Fixing dings on boards, replacing worn out finstraps, repairing rock-scraped fins and all the other technical stuff, can be very intimidating.So for all my friends, my husband, buddies, and fellow sailors who have helped me, thanks! And for those of you who are helping women stay in the sport, carry on! It's a whole lot more exciting to see both sexes out on the water, and on the beach!

Wow wow!!!
Too technical? Relacing footstraps????
That what exactly what makes women scared - the labels like that.
It starts from the early age. Wrong.

With all respect, I cannot disagree more on all of the accounts Smile
But I am not good enough probably Wink
There are plenty of videos, articles, conversations and people around to ask.
The only thing that holds people back is a lack of motivation.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During one of my extended Gorge trips from New Mexico, our clothes washing machine died. She dug into my tools and, knowing little beyond lefty-loosey, rightie-tighty about the machine, pulled it apart ... as in sheet metal, tub, transmission, motor, switch console, and anything else that could have failed. She finally narrowed the problem down to the transmission, IIRC, because the motor ran fine and the tub turned fine by hand once freed from the transmission. She took the transmission to the appliance shop, they verified that it was dead, she bought a new one, and she went home and reassembled everything.

It's about motivation and interest more than gender. She simply saw a fascinating challenge with little to lose.

But significant board repairs on a nice board? I Call The Guy. That stuff's black magic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: