myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugent founded an innovative program that gave kids a chance to shoot a kid sized automatic rifle-Uzi style. DuDuDuduDu......

They loved it.
It was preparing them for the future.
Until one kid killed another carelessly on the range....
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I was being sarcastic Bard. Ted Nugent is a dispicable human being, and he promised if Obama won , he would be dead or in jail. I am waiting.

Haha, Nugent's math is non-existent and Bard says "good article". We sure as hell didn't get much out of the $5,600 we spent on these two ($2800 per capita) for education.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_per_capita_spending.html

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/

Last edited by feuser on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are sooo funny. Did one kid actually kill another one? Where were the parents? There was a time when more people were killed with baseball bats.

Fact, more guns and gold have been sold in the last month than any time in history. Interesting to watch the 2 sides battle for their side, while both sides are a stinking pile of feces. I do believe this will be the Hatfields and McCoys, however it seems the radical right will own all the guns and gold, while the left will owe their souls to paper money.

Boggs, with Intrade going out of business, who's going to win this battle?

Kill em and grill em as he says...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there will be another Intrade that fills the void to bet on events like natural disasters and terrorist attacks.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
the radical right will own all the guns and gold, while the left will owe their souls to paper money

At least they can eat their paper money.

I don't understand why gold is regarded so strongly as a primarily political issue.

Gold is primarily a hedge against inflation, which is primarily an economic phenomenon, and sometimes strongly,influenced by politics. The current flock of "Buy Gold" books barely, if at all, mention politics or politicians. Their issue, in a nutshell, is unbridled borrowing and printing to fund overspending, and Lord knows that even though Obama is literally and by far the King of the World in that category, he had a lot of help from Reagan and Bush Deux. An ounce of gold will still buy as many comic books or cans of beans as it did 20 years ago, and that's quite an achievement. Try that with that $20 bill you stuck under a mattress in the '80s.

The gun buying surge is purely political: many people believe Obama wants to abolish or severely restrict the Second Amendment. AFAIK, that's just rumor and far right fear-mongering, but he has so often very clearly demonstrated zero regard -- even outright disdain -- for the Constitution and his oath of office that nothing would surprise me in that regard. Regardless, I think refusing to own a gun is similar to refusal to wear a seat belt in that many people will regret that decision, even if only for a fraction of a second. (Of course, seat belts don't kill innocent bystanders, but that's operator error, not an inherent or involuntary flaw in the product.)

Last edited by isobars on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Yeehah surfaced in Richland Washington? Isobars claims:

Quote:
The gun buying surge is purely political: many people believe Obama wants to abolish or severely restrict the Second Amendment. AFAIK, that's just rumor and far right fear-mongering, but he has so often very clearly demonstrated zero regard -- even outright disdain -- for the Constitution and his oath of office that nothing would surprise me in that regard. Regardless, I think refusing to own a gun is similar to refusal to wear a seat belt in that many people will regret that decision, even if only for a fraction of a second. (Of course, seat belts don't kill innocent bystanders, but that's operator error, not an inherent or involuntary flaw in the product.)

The Supreme Court decision on gun control rejected the viewpoint that I subscribe to, that the right pertains to State-sanctioned militias rather than each individual. Nevertheless, the decision was unequivocal, and it is a matter of settled law. Obama has both too much respect for the actual rule of law (contrast with Bush, who had disdain), and too many other issues. Modification of the ruling would require either national legislation, which could only regulate some types of weapons, but not all, a Constitutional Amendment, or at least two new Supreme Court justices.

While that is not going to happen, nothing prevents the truly paranoid from scaring themselves. Cue Dan Hicks music.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...I think refusing to own a gun is similar to refusal to wear a seat belt in that many people will regret that decision, even if only for a fraction of a second."

Wow, I find it hard to believe that anyone could conjure up such a twisted analogy. The mindset of carrying around a weapon all the time, and the fantasy of even thinking about using it in every day life is hardly sane. Moreover, when you start thinking that everyone should be packing a weapon, it reflects a point of view that is downright scary. I can't imagine living my life thinking that everyone around me is potentially a criminal.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEN. RAND PAUL: I have yet another thought on how we can fix this. Why don't we let the Democrats pass whatever they want? If they are the party of higher taxes, all the Republicans vote present and let the Democrats raise taxes as high as they want to raise them, let Democrats in the Senate raise taxes, let the president sign it and then make them own the tax increase. And when the economy stalls, when the economy sputters, when people lose their jobs, they know which party to blame, the party of high taxes. Let's don't be the party of just almost as high taxes.

I agree. Let them own this shity economy.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve..Newt said the EXACT same thing in 1993, when the Clinton taxes went into effect. So I agree , let the Democrats get their way, they won the brawl a month ago. I think all the faux deficit hawk here would want all the Bush tax cuts to expire, it would raise 4TR over 10 years, reducing our debt.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard,
I correct myself. The eight year old killed himself when the Uzi barrel came up and he shot himself. His Doctor father was standing behind him.
An instructor was standing closely, possibly helping support the weapon.
The event was called Full Auto Rock and Roll in Westfield Mass
It was held to sell guns and prove to the limp dicks that even a child under close supervision can operate miltary equipment like an automatic rifle safely.
Or not.

Nugent denied any connection to the event he had organized, but continued to promote it on his site.
I had forgotten this GOP hero. Why wasn't he a candidate for the primary
. He would have been perfect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 393 of 409

Jump to: