myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Yikes, I'm amazed that the election official didn't decommission that particular voting machine. One hopes that they keep track of all those voters that used that machine during the course of the day, so that the possibility for audit is available.

Where I vote here in Santa Barbara, you're looked up on the list of registered voters by name and address, and then you provide your signature to get your paper ballot. Prior to actually getting your ballot, a voter stub that was ripped off the ballot and given to me that I presume can be used to trace it back to me if needed. Needless the say, there was no evidence of voter fraud where someone tried to vote in my place.

After completing my ballot by inking in my selections, I deposited it into a box through a slotted opening. While I didn't note, it's my assumption that the box is sealed to ensure the integrity of its contents. Lastly, for those on the right that are worried to death about rampant voter intimidation, there were no baton or weapon carrying thugs of any color at the door.
For instance in Ohio before the republican controlled county took their ballots and locked the building and claimed that there was a terrorist threat to lock everyone out. No governmental agency issued such a notice. They counted it with no democrat able to see the chain of custody or ballots.

As far as the programmers comments posted by nichb, those were very disturbing. Though I have to say, ( i do hardware and software, and could easily design an entire vote system by myself with not one other person helping, that is how simple these systems are) if a person is stealing it you would not do it on the screen. and BTW I could design a vote machine to steal any election ever and with the methods used presently no one could ever catch it.

Also any decent college senior in engineering could make a vote program on a pc very easily. My gosh these are the simplest adding machines ever made. I am so against any form of electronic voting including punch cards. Canada does hand counts... we should too.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice the media is upholding the right wing no mandate...

here is another one

Quote:
Dick Morris: Romney Winning with 325 Electoral Votes Would Be a ‘Landslide’ – But When Obama Wins with 332, It’s a ‘Squeaker’

here is another perfect example of the right wing co-operation, they would not even take the presidents phone call... and why isn't the media all over this. Who was asleep on election night, certainly not the two top republicans.

Quote:
Boehner and McConnell Dissed Obama on Election Night – Refused Phone Calls from the President, Claiming They Were Asleep
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serving up some red meat for bajaDean to chew on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Obama Consults with MSNBC Hosts Sharpton, Maddow on Tax Rates
'MSNBC love fest?'

4:27 PM, Dec 4, 2012

President Barack Obama met with several MSNBC hosts this afternoon at the White House to discuss tax rates, according to Huffington Post reporter Jennifer Bendery. The reporter wondered if an "MSNBC love fest" was going on at the White House.

Here's Bendery's reporting, in a series of tweets:

Just passed Al Sharpton walking into the WH.

— jennifer bendery (@jbendery) December 4, 2012

Also, Al Sharpton is so unbelievably tiny now. I actually gasped when I saw him pass by just now. Hope he's ok.

Rachel Maddow is now in the West Wing. How do I know this? I just walked in with her.

Never met Maddow until now. We kind of look alike, esp today. My intro: "Are you my long lost sister?" Her: "Glad we both got the memo."

Maddow, heading into West Wing, said she was here for a "hippie cabal." Asked if I was coming. NO, DAMN IT, I WASN'T INVITED.

So... in the last hour, I watched Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton and Lawrence O'Donnell all walk into the West Wing. MSNBC love fest?

WH spox: “This afternoon at the White House, the President met with influential progressives...."

WH spox says Obama mtg with Maddow, other progressives to discuss importance of extending the Bush middle-class tax cut.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-consults-msnbc-hosts-sharpton-maddow-tax-rates_665036.html
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush worked out extensively, including hard-charging mountain biking and serious weight-lifting, got lambasted mercilessly by Pelosi and the media for wasting the taxpayers' time and money.

The media and Pelosi swoon over Obama's basketball and pecs.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Serving up some red meat for bajaDean to chew on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Obama Consults with MSNBC Hosts Sharpton, Maddow on Tax Rates
'MSNBC love fest?'

4:27 PM, Dec 4, 2012

President Barack Obama met with several MSNBC hosts this afternoon at the White House to discuss tax rates, according to Huffington Post reporter Jennifer Bendery. The reporter wondered if an "MSNBC love fest" was going on at the White House.

Here's Bendery's reporting, in a series of tweets:

Just passed Al Sharpton walking into the WH.

Also, Al Sharpton is so unbelievably tiny now. I actually gasped when I saw him pass by just now. Hope he's ok.

Rachel Maddow is now in the West Wing. How do I know this? I just walked in with her.

Never met Maddow until now. We kind of look alike, esp today. My intro: "Are you my long lost sister?" Her: "Glad we both got the memo."

Maddow, heading into West Wing, said she was here for a "hippie cabal." Asked if I was coming. NO, DAMN IT, I WASN'T INVITED.

So... in the last hour, I watched Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton and Lawrence O'Donnell all walk into the West Wing. MSNBC love fest?

WH spox: “This afternoon at the White House, the President met with influential progressives...."

WH spox says Obama mtg with Maddow, other progressives to discuss importance of extending the Bush middle-class tax cut.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-consults-msnbc-hosts-sharpton-maddow-tax-rates_665036.html

you mean they could not find any other liberals in the media.... thanks for proving my point, just the afternoon crew that were all recent hires at MSNBC. Finally one afternoon of liberals on any media.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Bush worked out extensively, including hard-charging mountain biking and serious weight-lifting, got lambasted mercilessly by Pelosi and the media for wasting the taxpayers' time and money.

The media and Pelosi swoon over Obama's basketball and pecs.

First Bush set the record for vacation time when 9:11 hit. No president in the history of the USA had spent so much time on vacation till him.

Second can you document your statement that Pelosi attacking bush in the media about his vacation time as you put it. Else all it is is what the right wing stand for nothing but a BIG LIE... If you lie about this I assume you lie about everything else you post. So lets see you back this up.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Dr Howard Dean and the right wing media that killed him Reply with quote

this is the clasic case, remember the Doctor Dean bit the media played 100s of times in a week period that was taken out of context.

Note how the media never really addressed him by Dr which he is. That was just the beginning of the right wing owned media disrespect of a great human being.

The next was well what did that cheer have to do with news? Only right wing idiots believe that had anything to do with newsworthiness, and yet all the right wing owned media played it a zillion times. No liberal would have.

and more importantly it was taken from a isolation mic to take away the background noise. I have been saying this from day one. Now finally after all those years we have some research to back up what was to me simple and obvious,, but to a right winger who is intellectually challenged they just could not figure it out or even when told understand. You know the type, they own the media and the world is still flat and just a few thousand years old.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/deans-scream-tv-screwed-him/article/2515137#.UMICv4NX3ng

Quote:
It's eight years too late for the one-time Democratic presidential front-runner, but that manic scream Howard Dean screeched after losing January 2004 Iowa caucuses didn't happen the way TV showed it. In fact, it was drowned out by cheering Dean fans, according to an exhaustive new study of the much-mocked yell of "Yeaaah."

The journal Media, Culture & Society has determined that the sophisticated microphone Dean had in his fist was built to filter out surrounding noise for news crews filming the event, and by doing so unfairly broadcast his scream minus the building crowd chants the former Vermont governor felt compelled to yell over just to be heard.

Again what liberal would ever have played the isolation mic and consider that newsworthy. Specially every 20 to 30 minutes a day for a week or so. Only right wing haters owning the media would do such a thing. I bet right wing owned media still play it years later and still c\are not smart enough to understand this.

Last edited by real-human on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Fox News head Roger Ailes asking David Petraous to run for president with the financial backing of the network's big boss?

It's fine that Fox News is an advocacy group as MSNBC is. MSNBC hosts claim as much. But Fox? No. At least Fox ought to be genuine and honest. Fair and balanced; my butt.

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Bush was prohibited by federal law from sending the National Guard into New Orleans after Katrina, the headlines screamed "Bush hates blacks."

When flu shots couldn't meet demands because the virus morphed, headlines screamed "Bush doesn't care about your health".

When Obama promises to cut red tape and take immediate care of hurricane Sandy victims then flat ignores their miserable plight, headlines scream "Everything is Bush's fault".
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More nonsense from the punk. From US Today:

Quote:
Gregg Laskoski is a senior petroleum analyst for GasBuddy.com

With the nation squarely focused on yesterday's election, it's easy to be distracted away from the urgent problems facing thousands of New York and New Jersey victims of Hurricane Sandy. Death. Destruction. Homelessness. Power outages. Shortages of food, water, gasoline. After President Barack Obama made his visit and promised help in any way necessary, FEMA assistance was all but invisible, prompting former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani to say that FEMA's response in New York has been no better than it was in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, for which it was lambasted.

But, there was one thing the federal government did right—post Sandy—that many of us may have overlooked. It issued a temporary blanket waiver last week of the Jones Act, which will allow foreign-flagged vessels (oil tankers coming up from the Gulf of Mexico) to help expedite gasoline to the Northeast. It's important to note that gasoline supply in the Northeast was fairly tight even before Sandy with Northeast refineries operating only at 81.8 percent of capacity during the week ending October 24, according to the Energy Information Administration.

[See a collection of political cartoons on gas prices.]

As expected, the week ending October 31 showed Northeastern refineries taking preemptive steps prior to Sandy's arrival, running at only 81 percent of capacity. One of the largest refineries in New Jersey—the Phillips 66 Bayway, N.J. plant with a 238,000 barrels per day capacity—lost power for several days, and another plant—Hess refinery in Port Reading—that did regain power still remains idle.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the waiver of the Jones Act was because "the administration's highest priority is ensuring the health and safety of those impacted by Hurricane Sandy and to remove a potential obstacle to bringing additional fuel to the storm-damaged region." The waiver expires November 13.

[Take the U.S. News Poll: Was Hurricane Sandy Caused by Global Warming?]

It's encouraging to see the federal government use all of the tools at its disposal because just eight months ago, when retail prices soared as the Northeast was in danger of losing refining capacity to potential plant closures in Philadelphia, it elected to do nothing.

Strange how the nearness of elections can inspire action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 25 of 277

Jump to: