myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Interesting fact that both the women in the Petreus scandal made multiple visits to the White House before the news broke.

A general having an affair with 2 beautiful women is a firing offense?

Rice lying on the orders of Obama? Others in admin lied for 2 weeks.

Prez watched live feed of attack for 7 hours, while navy seals plead for help. Help was only 1-2 hours away, but was never sent.

Nothing seems fishy here...???

And thus, the quality of information and its dissemination falls below National Equirer levels again...

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Bat Boy was at the White House too!
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
A general having an affair with 2 beautiful women is a firing offense?

For many reasons, adultery has long been not just grounds for dismissal but a court martial offense throughout the U.S. military.

At the very least, it is dishonorable, which is by itself court martial material. A dishonorable discharge is a very real albatross for the rest of one's life, whether it impacts a job, a loan, respect from moral people, etc..

At the other end of the scale, there’s the national security risk when a person with a security clearance -- all military officers, many enlisted troops, tens of thousands of civilian government employees -- has anything to hide, from adultery to shoplifting, for which they could be blackmailed. The higher the security clearance, the more is stake, and it doesn’t get much higher than top CIA levels or black military programs. Some friends of mine couldn’t even admit to me what military base they worked at or even provide a two-word job description.

If I as much as spoke with a foreign national, I had to submit a report describing the circumstances, names if possible, the topics/date/location of our conversation, etc. Visiting any foreign country triggered much more reporting. Silly? Not when little Alamogordo, NM, for example, was known to attract Soviet spies when I was stationed there in the ‘70s.

Mere fraternization, fugheddabout sex, between officers and enlisted troops is forbidden on paper, and is largely enforced in combat outfits because it erodes the instant unquestioned compliance with orders so critical to combat operations.

Then there’s nepotism. If a unit suspects someone’s career is advancing because of personal favoritism, morale and thus performance suffer. On the flip side is intimidation, using rank to influence a subordinate into dishonorable behavior. Both of these UCMJ crimes degrade trust in one’s superiors, vital to any organization’s cohesiveness.

I once was assigned to investigate a lieutenant’s sunburn circumstances because it affected his ability to do his job. Was it gross negligence or a frequent problem worthy of a court martial, or was it a one-time accident worthy only of a reprimand which merely impacts his promotion potential? A military pilot’s career is under serious threat if he sprains an ankle playing basketball. On recreational drugs any time or drunk on duty? Instant court martial. We are the property of the U.S. government, voluntarily so for decades now, and as such we serve at the discretion of the UCMJ whose rules we swear to follow.

I realize that few liberals -- by definition and as evidenced here -- and the media in particular have the moral foundation to comprehend all this, but I’m surprised when moderate or conservative people don’t understand it. From our first day at boot camp until our retirement, we are bombarded with the importance of moral behavior. Bounce a check? Get a DUI? Get behind on our rent? Attend a Christmas party funded by a contractor? Career dead-ended, prosecution at stake. The security of the free world depends on the effectiveness of DoD (and many DOE) civilian and armed forces, and that effectiveness depends on many facets of their behavior. It involves an entirely different moral paradigm, sense of duty, and global impact compared to civilian life. That’s why most active duty and ex-military members are so incensed when we see our peers and seniors behave like pigs, break laws, or tolerate those who do. A friend of mine has spent the last 30+ years, both before and after his military retirement, bringing crooked colonels and generals to justice, and I was happy to assist in one federal trial and several other firings he initiated.

And yet our Commander in Chief stands before the nation and the U.N. irrefutably lying to the world about the source of this attack just to protect his equally false claim that Al Qaeda is decimated ... and the leftstream media not only tolerates but enables it.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
false claim that Al Qaeda is decimated

Once, airliners. Now, underware bombs.

keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last post shows that iso has not been able to understand the things going on around him even back when he was a low level bureaucrat.
In his fairy tale world anyone guilty of drinking, getting high ,or adultery is an instant court offense. He must have not been friends with any soldiers, same as not actually having any friends on this board.
I know some soldiers. They like to have a couple beers before going on duty outside a war zone.
They get laid while out of town, at brothels,with officers wives, other soldiers like Petraus girlfriend,townies,etc.
The pot business is huge. In Vietnam soldiers re upped to maintain their extensive weed businesses, among officers as well as grunts.
According to iso the military is strict like a monastery.
My soldier relatives will get a big laugh put of this.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, the Military Has Higher Standards" [to which some newspapers add "for Personal Behavior"]
from Bloomberg at http://tinyurl.com/18r
starts with:

The U.S. Uniform Code of Military Justice considers adultery a crime, [and Petraeus's] case highlights how the military holds itself to a different and higher standard than society at large.

Yet the military doesn’t set these standards. The uniform code is legislated and amended by Congress or the president. The military abides by a different standard because we establish that standard for it.

Since coming into force in 1951, the uniform code has criminalized adultery for two reasons. One is to reduce the distraction and potential morale-depleting messiness that such behavior can have on people whose bonding affects their ability to work. The second is to reinforce the leaders’ moral stature among those whose lives they risk."

Bloomberg's article doesn't get into the other primary reason I mentioned, its heightened blackmail threat to security.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This level of pretense is easy to maintain when you ignore 99% of infractions.A few geeks probably believe it even after they enlist.
Let's see if the two generals face a court-martial or if the case gets dismissed as usual.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Mike was tasked to investigate sunburn to determine whether it was worthy of a court martial. Heavy stuff from Mr. Star Wars (a.k.a Oops, I missed!) Glad to see he used government money so efficiently.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Mike was tasked to investigate sunburn to determine whether it was worthy of a court martial. Heavy stuff from Mr. Star Wars (a.k.a Oops, I missed!) Glad to see he used government money so efficiently. What sun screen brand was recommended by the JAG?
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone in here? Hello?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 28 of 124

Jump to: