myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it telling that some here from the right believe that a person is guilty until proven innocent. I guess that can happen in a trial by media attack scenario.
feuser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I find it telling that some here from the right believe that a person is guilty until proven innocent. I guess that can happen in a trial by media attack scenario.

I have yet to hear a sensible accusation. Failure to micro manage a CIA operation? Not using the word 'terrorists' enough? Not canceling a campaign trip (I guess there are no phones on Air Force One)?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marries version is that the entire us gov Inc many State folks who are GOP joined in a conspiracy led by Obama to conceal some inane details of the attack because they were "protecting the narrative " for several days.

Campaign is over. Let's focus on the economy. If Romney had been more interested in explaining an actual plan to help, they might have at least won a Senate seat or something.
Not too late to start governing by the GOP. Their four year vacation is over.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case any lefties want to see both sides of the tax issue, consider the WSJ's take on it at http://tinyurl.com/d62ykzh ,
Stephen Moore: Why Lower Tax Rates Are Good for Everyone
If we want millionaires to pay more taxes, then we need an economy where there are more millionaires.

His final paragraph is "Some liberals acknowledge these fiscal facts of life but argue that tax revenues from the wealthy increased simply because the rich got richer. And so they did. But the economic growth that was touched off by lower tax rates, particularly in the 1960s and 1980s, also benefited middle-class incomes and living standards. If Mr. Obama has his way and raises tax rates on upper-income groups, it will slow the economy, and everyone will lose."
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone knows, the U.S. is highly vulnerable to very widespread and extremely effective cyberattack. A promising bipartisan House and Senate bill to strengthen our cyberattack defenses was personally deflected by Harry Reid in order to promote direct White House control over the internet.

See http://tinyurl.com/bdml2qe .
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isobars"]Stephen Moore: Why Lower Tax Rates Are Good for Everyone
If we want millionaires to pay more taxes, then we need an economy where there are more millionaires.

quote]

Awesome! How true, it's like hitting a nail with a sludge hammer, smack, sunk!

You can't get more from them by punishing them, they already pay the highest amount, they are pulling the cart, filled with you know who, as hard as they can already.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clear effect of the GOP economy under Bush was to increase the money that went to our present millionaires not to create more millionaires.
This was the point of the spread the opportunity speeches made by the Dems early on.
Those on the right who assign opinions to Obama changed his words into taking money away from people but those who actually listened got the point.
As an independent conservative I like the idea of creating more millionaires instead of cutting taxes on the super wealthy. I suggest , rather than raising taxes just let them return to the Clinton days before the cuts, when America was on a huge boom and EVERYBODY was making money.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

Awesome! How true, it's like hitting a nail with a sludge hammer, smack, sunk!

You can't get more from them by punishing them, they already pay the highest amount, they are pulling the cart, filled with you know who, as hard as they can already.

I don't know whether to be angry at your utter, complete, astonishing, world-class stupidity -- or to laugh at it. They might give the highest amount, but they enjoy the lowest RATE. (Do you know the difference?)
I think I'll choose laugh. You and Mikey can give the Romneys of the world YOUR money in order to keep 'em super-wealthy.

Think they'll reward you with jobs? Hell, no. They'll give you a different kind of "trickle down" as they've been doing for generations.

You can't possibly be that stupid, so I think you're just having fun.

Hence the laugh.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
they are pulling the cart, filled with you know who, as hard as they can already.

I'd say as hard as they will, rather than as hard as they can. At some breaking point, different with each millionaire, they're going to retire and fire their workers, move themselves and their companies and their jobs overseas, and/or hire more tax lawyers and shelter every cent they make in loopholes, as GE has successfully done. The general ignorant public doesn't realize that Obama's $250,000 "millionaire" threshold includes small businesses making that amount, even if the owner makes only $40,000 (or $10k) annual profit. What kind of talented competent fool is going to work 80 hours a week, under immense pressure, half of that devoted to complying with government regulations (of which 4,100 new ones are written and poised for release upon them), to make minimum wage (or less) when he can close his doors and flip burgers or take unemployment and go windsurfing? THAT behavioral impact the CBO is forbidden to take into account.

The more of this crap I read and regurgitate, the more gold I buy because the more I believe this idiot and his Krugman/Bernanke economic idiots and the bleeding heart, greedy gimmies WILL bankrupt this country.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
...take unemployment and go windsurfing? THAT behavioral impact the CBO is forbidden to take into account.

I wonder if they've considered those who take disability and go windsurfing.

isobars wrote:
...greedy gimmies WILL bankrupt this country.

Yeah, you're right. Mikey. Those greedy gimmies with their hands out for their disability payments -- those same "gimme my free, unearned disability cash" who windsurf and motocross -- very well might bankrupt the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 383, 384, 385 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 384 of 409

Jump to: