myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Vote for revenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing (in regards to my previous post), lets hope that this isn't what it comes to, but if it does (civil disobedience), then I will be absolutely sure that the vote came out the way it was supposed to.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you're hanging at Politicker, where the commentary got 3 "serious" comments in response. Am I supposed to be impressed by what's on this site?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
So, you're hanging at Politicker, where the commentary got 3 "serious" comments in response. Am I supposed to be impressed by what's on this site?

So Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, have it all wrong, they are all failing with their business model.
Okay fine, believe that, but this is what works.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't tell me that one of these goombahs thinks he knows more about economics and taxes than Mitt Romney, or that BSNBC, Krugman, or Robert Reisch had told him even ONE true thing about Romney's plan. Why is it so incomprehensible that a world-class business economics expert who earned hundreds of millions of dollars, created companies employing >100,000 people, and saved a bankrupt and corrupt Olympics isn't capable of sculpting a tax structure which could do FAR better than a business-naif community organizer who doubled the national debt, added 30% to the unemployment roles, and said and repeated on the world stage that taking money from the rich and giving it to people unwilling to earn it is more important than the national economy?

Don't these guys care that if Barack Obama were not president, he would be denied a security clearance? His admitted drug use and his admitted association with convicted terrorist Bill Ayers are each absolute barriers to a security clearance.

I really have to wonder whether the root word of ideologue is ideology or idiot!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he from Kenya, or just lied about his status to get a free ride? I suspect is was the free ride.
LHDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weak arguments, Isobars.

So, the argument for Romney's tax plan is "trust me"? If the tax plan was really that good, why would they refuse to explain it in any detail (I understand that Ryan had no time in his interview with Chris Wallace, but still...)? 20% across the board cuts in tax rates, a $25,000 cap on itemized deductions (that, by the way, may be a good idea)? That's it?

World-class business economics expert? I hear the other successful world-class businessman was Herbert Hoover. And then there was the Hollywood actor turned Republican economics hero.

Denied security clearance? Come on, that would be their loss.

How about proposed policies, higher taxes for wealthy people versus more tax cuts, universal health care, more or less military spending, banking regulation or deregulation, conservation of the environment, selection supreme court judges, medicare. Quite contrasting choices.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that is lacking from Obama is jobs. He hasn't enticed any significant job creation. His whole presidency is predicated upon tax the rich, while he parties and campaigns.

We will see how bad 2 terms of Obama will be, I fear. I do not see how Romney will win this one. Will you still blame the Republicans in 4 years?

I have to buy Boggs in-trade numbers. The hard money on the line doesn't believe that Romney will win. Sometimes bad guys do win.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Pueno I love your little emotioncons.

Thanks, Matty.

mat-ty wrote:
LOL when your BFF Barry goes down.

Yeah, he'll go down to the polls and vote. So will I. And so should you.

BTW....... don't forget to vote for Elizabeth Warren -- she's counting on you. (I'm sure you won't vote for Mr. Playgirl, the nude model, will you?) Wink

mat-ty wrote:
I heard you do not even windsurf, do just hang around the woods at Kalmus?

Nahhh....... I leave that stuff for you and Brucie.

stevenbard wrote:
Sometimes bad guys do win.

Yes, we saw that 2000-2008. President Cheney and Puppet Bush.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
The thing that is lacking from Obama is jobs. He hasn't enticed any significant job creation. His whole presidency is predicated upon tax the rich, while he parties and campaigns.

We will see how bad 2 terms of Obama will be, I fear. I do not see how Romney will win this one. Will you still blame the Republicans in 4 years?

I have to buy Boggs in-trade numbers. The hard money on the line doesn't believe that Romney will win. Sometimes bad guys do win.

I agree, Bard, two really really bad guys won in 2000, and 2004, and we almost collapsed the joint.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
Weak arguments, Isobars.

So, the argument for Romney's tax plan is "trust me"? If the tax plan was really that good, why would they refuse to explain it in any detail (I understand that Ryan had no time in his interview with Chris Wallace, but still...)? 20% across the board cuts in tax rates, a $25,000 cap on itemized deductions (that, by the way, may be a good idea)? That's it?

World-class business economics expert? I hear the other successful world-class businessman was Herbert Hoover. And then there was the Hollywood actor turned Republican economics hero.

Denied security clearance? Come on, that would be their loss.

How about proposed policies, higher taxes for wealthy people versus more tax cuts, universal health care, more or less military spending, banking regulation or deregulation, conservation of the environment, selection supreme court judges, medicare. Quite contrasting choices.

As I've stated so many times, I'm not making arguments. I'm not here to persuade, merely to inform people who refuse to examine both sides that BSNBC is full of shit. I leave the verification and persuasion up to readers. IOW, I'm offering the other side of the coin; whether anyone cares enough about the country to do some extra-credit homework is their call.

Every single comment and implication you made indicates no knowledge of Romney's 87-page fiscal plan, or the money he has earned and the jobs he has created as objective metrics of his business acumen, or the content of his statements in the debates, or the cold hard government data about their relative accomplishments. Just the opposite, your comments and implications clearly show your primary, maybe only, sources of information are BSNBC and Jon Stuart. SERIOUSLY! If you were truly interested in the actual facts about any of those issues, you'd have used the center and right media to point you towards independent fact checking sources and speeches so you'd be better informed about both candidates' platforms (just as I look at left wing media to seek the bad side of Romney.) You've had a year to do this, but have obviously not bothered, and there's no way I'm going to type pages of hard facts this late in the process to explain even the limited misunderstandings stated and implied above, let alone other issues. No disrespect or slight implied, but anyone who still thinks the issues you raised above favor Obama just isn't paying attention. Just for example, close attention to his debates alone reveals much more information about his tax plans than you list above.

No one's suggesting that anyone strip Obama's security clearance. The issue is that his past behavior is so suspect and egregious that he doesn't even qualify for one!

Last edited by isobars on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: