myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Four Seasons, Anyone??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhorton1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Four Seasons, Anyone?? Reply with quote

Just in case you were looking for (another?) excuse to stay at the Four Seasons... or Maui for that matter!

http://maui.fourseasons.com/2012/01/19/windsurfing-camp/
cbknap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no wind at Wailea. They must be busing people to the North Shore....or worse, Kihei.
carl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is wind in Wailea, just not (usually) as much as Kanaha.
But for their target guest, someone who wants to try or get back into the "thrilling sport" (casual beginner, low intermediate) and with equipment right on the beach, it would be good spot. Any hardcore expert sailor like yourself already knows that you need to go to northshore!
And in the right conditions Kihei can be really good too, especially in winter.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy enough to find out. Just send Matt an email and he'll tell you. This is an amazing idea. A fully catered windsurfing experience for beginners and intermediates. Probably at Kanaha.

My theory is that wealthy, or middle age guys with young wives and kids don't really want to rig, and slog the gear to the beach. They want an elite instructor who sets everything up for them, has a good prediction on the weather, provides an easy experience, and makes their clients feel like heros.

If Matt can get a few dozen elite clients a year, I assume this is good for our sport and for him. Good luck Matt!

PS..I knew a few windsurfers who used to stay at the 4 Seasosns Maui back in the day. Their wives wouldn't have it any other way. Thank God I didn't marry one of them. Laughing
zenzen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I nearly married "one of them" but the old Maui Prince now the makena beach resort will suffice for her.
Were going to be staying at a friends rental in paia over new years. will you be there?
ian
ShreddinEd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me what "elite" gear is anyway? Suddenly I'm feeling inadequate without my elite gear.

More power to Matt if he can make this a going business proposition. Knowing most of my friends who are cheap bast*rds like me, it'd probably never work. I hope there's enough "elite" clients who can afford this to make this worth it for Matt.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt already has an elite clientele who pay good money for a private experience with a World Champion. They often stay in Wailea and had to go to the north shore. Now he is setup nearer to that market.
He is a very nice guy and his partner Shawna is quite foxy.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ian, we might be there then! Hope to see you there. Send me a PM with your dates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: