myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Cable Park / Hotel Negotiations (II )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweeky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooter, you are a member of the board for the "Friends.." group, are you not? If so, why do you keep flip flopping? Even in your last post, you go from "our" & "we" to "them" & "they"... One moment you seem to be speaking with authority about the "Friends.." actions, the next you seem to be vague: "I think they have already state they believe certain aspects of the hotel and commercial building are in violation of the law..." You finish up by stating that you are not "speaking for Friends here". Are you a board member or not? Why are you doing this constant two-step like you're trying to dodge something?

Furthermore, you still haven't answered Nicorico's question. You've stated what you and/or "Friends" are trying to negotiate. If you truly are representing the public's interest in this matter, then state what it is that you want... what it is that will satisfy you & "Friends" that will allow the development of the basin to go forward. Until you do that, you're just spin doctoring & avoiding the direct question.

By the way, its a ridiculous assertion that you need confidentiality for these negotiations, otherwise "they would fail", when your insistence for confidentiality has caused this matter to proceed to court. Further, if Naito were to agree to confidential negotiations and "Friends.." agreed to make the results public, one of the things you could negotiate for would be some kind of monetary settlement that Naito would have to agree not to disclose to the public, and "Friends.." could conveniently choose to leave out of any disclosure they make to the public. That kind of thing happens every day in the legal world. Instead of going on about a laundry list of things you don't want, why don't you come out with a public statement from "Friends" saying what it is that you are after so that way everyone knows and there's no "conspiracy theories"? State what you're after, put the issue to rest. Pretty bizarre how unwilling you are to do that.
scooter_bell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey "tweeky" If that's your real name, Who do you represent and what is your name?

I am not posting or speaking on behalf of the Friends.

I am a board member.

Any information I am using here comes from the public record. Any grammatical references to "us" or "we" are lazy mistakes on my part and will be edited out.

I am trying to make some points as a citizen of Hood River and not as a board member

To your points...

The friends have in fact made their demands public in the form of a lawsuit.
As for specifics, why would anyone go into a negotiation by telling the opposition what you would bargain down to. That is stupid!

The lawsuits I believe were filed on behalf of the Friends board and not the public. Not sure why they would want to make public their "cards" before a negotiation. That is stupid.

Negotiations without confidentiality in this case will not even get to the table let alone fail. Without trust I don't see either party sitting down at this point. And yes, money is often part of a settlement when lawyers are involved.

So now we have two parties that are involved in a lawsuit. Seems to me its between them and them only. Any demands that involve a change regulated by pubic process would have to go through the proper public channels.

I personally don't see this being settled outside of court. The Naitos have shown little desire to do so in my opinion. I hope this goes straight to court and gets settled asap so we can move on with our lives.

Again, I am not speaking for the Friends but for myself.

Derek Bell
tweeky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooter_bell wrote:
And yes, money is often part of a settlement when lawyers are involved.

So, in the end, as many suspected, you, "Friends..." etc are looking for a payday. This is why you wouldn't accept a settlement when an obvious solution was presented that excluded a cablepark being built in the basin.

Oh, and as far as the whole "who are you and who do you represent," bullshit, that's absolutely none of your business. I've been a member of this forum far longer than you have, and I have a right to choose to keep my identity and personal life private, with the exception of the forum members that I have chosen to contact directly & privately. You've gone on and on about your rights, so you can damn well respect mine.
scooter_bell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tweeker,

I just saw your post on NWkite. Now I know who you are. Way to hide behind your screen name!

If the only thing you took from my posts is that this is all about the "Benjamin$" than I don't really think you are honestly interested in hearing others opinions about the issues. You have already made up your mind as to the Friends motives and interests.

According to public record not a single settlement has been offered by anyone to anyone so there has been nothing to reject. The plan you speak of was an idea by two "concerned citizens" who had an idea.

I would love to see both parties sit down and figure it all out but at this point a courtroom is probably a better place.

As for your anonymity, you do have that right. But as I suspected you have an agenda and have already made up your mind.

I don't hide behind my screen name.
Derek Bell

Last edited by scooter_bell on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooter_bell wrote:
Hey "tweeky" If that's your real name... what is your name?
Derek Bell

You don't spend much time on this forum, do you, Derek? The vast majority of the bomb-throwers here always hide behind their screen nyms, even when demanding personal data from others. Much of what they say is actionable libel -- law suit(s) may have recently shut one of them down -- and much of the rest is such BS that most of them are afraid (probably justifiably) that any decent people in their lives would shun them, fire them, deny them any business dealings, etc. I've had supposed adults afraid to reveal their own identities actually demand that I post my medical and financial records. They can't support their schtick, are often afraid to even try, and don't care that it destroys their credibility. To them, you're just another person whose values and ideas differ from theirs, and that's all it takes to set them off. It's nothing personal. Heck, every once in a while some of them even make valid, relevant, true comments.

Mike Fick \m/
scooter_bell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars,

My faith in humanity crumbles a bit every time I post on a forum. Not much integrity by those who hide and throw bombs from behind a computer screen.

I like to think that most people out there are honorable but alas I am proven wrong gain.

Tweeky is a regular on NWKITE and part of their pro cable park coalition. I wont be changing his mind but I posted here today because I wanted to speak for myself as a citizen.

I don't really care what he or anyone thinks about my view. life is too short.

The fact is a wealthy corporation came into our little town and has abused the system into getting what they want in order to profit and run. A group of citizens stood up to them.

Those who want a cable park so badly that they have lowered themselves to smearing fellow citizens have been sucking at Naitos teet in order to get what they want. The irony here is that years back when Naito proposed their condo development in the exact spot the hotel will go they planned on cutting auto access to the spit. Lol, not kidding. How quickly they have forgotten and now they are doing Naitos bidding.

I personally don't mind the hotel and commercial building and can't wait to see the west bank developed into a park. However, as I citizen I insist they be done in accordance to the law.

Naito's last proposal speaks either volumes about their incompetence or their complete disrespect for the people of Hood River. How stupid do they think we are do think that the public will be able to swim, SUP, kayak in the cable park while it is in operation?

This is more evidence to me that they are not and have never been interested in a negotiation and would rather try their luck in court.

Tweeker, the friends have asked for nothing as far as I know yet because there have been no settlement discussions. Personally, I don't care if money is involved. Lawyers don't work for free. But if you think this is about money you are a fool who is so butt hurt the cable park is history you are doing everything you can to smear those who disagree with you.

Life is short and I've said what I wanted to say.

Derek Bell
tweeky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooter_bell wrote:

Tweeker, the friends have asked for nothing as far as I know yet because there have been no settlement discussions. Personally, I don't care if money is involved. Lawyers don't work for free. But if you think this is about money you are a fool who is so butt hurt the cable park is history you are doing everything you can to smear those who disagree with you.

You have no idea how wrong you are. I was actually very much on the fence about the whole cablepark thing. But you've shown your true colors once again... stoop to the name calling and the "woes me..." speech. All I wanted to get out in the open was that "Friends" are looking for a monetary settlement, because when people brought that up before, "Friends" supporters were quick to ask for proof and cry foul. Now its come out, and you resent the shit out of me for it. Too bad for you.

Isobars, I thought you "plonked" me? Why are you now able to read my posts? Regardless, how is asking for a honest answer "bomb-throwing"? For a guy who has posted about "ad hominem" attacks countless times, your last post proves you to be the good ole hypocritical asshole that we all know you to be. Well done! The fact that lawyers are requesting closed-door confidential negotiations in the hopes of reaching a monetary settlement for personal gain while supposedly representing the public is nothing compared to me wanting to keep my name private on the is forum. Great sense of priorities Iso!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooter_bell wrote:
Isobars,

My faith in humanity crumbles a bit every time I post on a forum. Not much integrity by those who hide and throw bombs from behind a computer screen.

I like to think that most people out there are honorable but alas I am proven wrong gain.

I wouldn't know who's right or wrong here because I'm not paying that much attention to the details and don't have a strong opinion either way regarding the basin or cable park. However, my lifelong faith in humanity and humans cracked the day after I expressed a conservative opinion on the internet back in the mid 90s, then crumbled completely over the next few years, to the points that 1) I found ways to filter/killfile/block the worst offenders, by the dozens, from my screen and 2) I just consider the sources when someone I've not (yet) killfiled mouths off. Challenging them to back up their false claims either shuts them up or sends them off in a whole new dodge ... er ... direction. Better yet, the ones who pretend in their real worlds to be decent people are vulnerable to exposure, which often takes only minutes if they're worth the effort.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tweeky wrote:
Isobars, I thought you "plonked" me? Why are you now able to read my posts? Regardless, how is asking for a honest answer "bomb-throwing"? For a guy who has posted about "ad hominem" attacks countless times, your last post proves you to be the good ole hypocritical asshole that we all know you to be.

What you think and reality are often worlds apart.
I was addressing Derek's comments about anonymity, not saying whether you are among the bomb-throwers. Your own post(s) continue to settle that issue without my help.
nicorico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://hoodrivernews.www.clients.ellingtoncms.com/news/2012/nov/02/another-voice-port-president-we-may-miss-opportuni/

Thank you Mr. Davies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: