myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
HELP - Kanaha Swim line down- needs repair !?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makaniman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: HELP - Kanaha Swim line down- needs repair !? Reply with quote

Aloha, the buoy line at Kanaha Beach Park delineating the swim area needs attention (hey cool shop / instructor guys who generously maintain it-heads up).
The line was taken out by the Tsunami. Windsurfers have already been launching, sailing, and doing freestyle tricks in the the swim area, despite signage? Local folks, kids, lap swimmers, need (and should have) a safe place to be in the water, play, and swim ... with out fear of someone plowing into them or windsurfing gear injuring a child !
The swim area is suppose to extend between the two rocky points ... no launching, sailing, or gear! It has been maintained by the local windsurfing businesses and generally honored by local windsurfers for many years.
Keeping this small designated area free of windsurfers and safe for swimmers and keiki is the right thing to do. Respect the swim zone at Kanaha. Hopefully, the line and buoys can be replaced/repaired soon! If a swimmer or child got hit or hurt ... the privilege of sailing at Kanaha could be seriously jeopardized! Spread the word.
jsampiero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone's at Kanaha today, please mention it to the lifeguards. I'm sure they know about it, and are going to get a fix in soon.

In the meantime, I think it's OK to politely point out to people doing freestyle or jibing in that area that they really shouldn't be doing that.

Euros or visitors might not know, let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'll be at the contest today, but maybe someone's got some line laying around, and perhaps the buoys have drifted up on the beach... It could be fixed quick and easy...

My personal website: www.youneedjosh.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: