myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jump board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeD wrote:
But "Gorge conditions" could still be Dougs on a 3.2 OR, Eventcenter 10 meter Formula sailing in breezes of 10-15 mph.
What exactly is "Gorge conditions"?

And if I were the manager of a board company, I'd make sure to sent a rep there, have 3 fins for every slalom board, and put them to work.

The editor made it pretty clear what kind of gear and conditions we wanted. It wasn't 10-15 mph, except in one specific case addressing two early planing niche boards.

Many board and sail mfrs did send reps (or the head man himself) for a day or three, and some sent multiple fins. At some point or another I met many or most names in the industry as they dropped by to check us out, but no lofts or shapers had the freedom to have a rep onsite for months of testing. I doubt the mag would have tolerated that level of interference anyway, considering the unbelievable rules and limitations some reps, owners, and international companies tried to impose.

Besides, and again, we were testing for consumers, not for pros. When did we last see Consumer Report Magazine start putting aftermarket engines in cars, tubes in TVs, chemicals in flea powders, etc? And where would/should that end?
LeeD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can buy it at a windsurfing store, it's stuff availible to the consumer and fair game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: