myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/10/11/wash-post-omits-crucial-context-for-gores-green/190545

mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler
That opinion would once again put you in the minority. Joe did good , but he found a way to still be Joe the bumbling fool. He made a complete ass of himself, they will be showing clips of his behavior for years to come, and anyone being coach on how to debate will study Joe, on how to not lose a debate by acting like a complete moron. Thankfully there was one adult on that stage.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
He made a complete ass of himself, they will be showing clips of his behavior for years to come, and anyone being coach on how to debate will study Joe, on how to not lose a debate by acting like a complete moron.

Gore's couple of smirks cost him huge points, maybe even the debate, and are still shown in clips of major historic debate mistakes. Biden's derisive laughter topped Gore's ten- to a hundred-fold, cost him the debate in the eyes any rational observers even in the left-leaning media. And Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times ... an obvious reason why Ryan didn't even try to explain their fiscal platform in depth. Neither Biden nor the moderator had the patience to give him room for more than three or four whole sentences on their budget. Biden made an ass of himself, his party, and the White House, and the moderator made ABC look bad.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"With regard to the assault on the Catholic Church, let me make it absolutely clear. No religious institution—Catholic or otherwise, including Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital—none has to either refer contraception, none has to pay for contraception, none has to be a vehicle to get contraception in any insurance policy they provide. That is a fact. That is a fact." Joe Biden October 11

No Mr. Vice President. That is a lie. That is a lie.

"This is not a fact. The HHS mandate contains a narrow, four-part exemption for certain "religious employers." That exemption was made final in February and does not extend to "Catholic social services, Georgetown hospital, Mercy hospital, any hospital," or any other religious charity that offers its services to all, regardless of the faith of those served." - US Conference of Catholic Bishops October 12

Most of you don't care what the Catholic bishops think. You should care, however, when the vice president goes on television in front of millions of people and deliberately lies.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? They don't care when their president, Sec State, and U.N. Ambassador (and, probably, Hillary's replacement) lie about Benghazi and the other attacks on U.S. soil (our embassies) -- an infinitely more vital issue to the world than abortion.

HOWEVER ... did Biden lie about that? Were he and the president personally informed of our Libyan embassy's repeated demands for more protection, which Biden denied, or did the person in charge of our embassies, Sec Clinton, conceal the problem from her superiors? Where did the lying stop and ignorance take over? (Derogatory information gets filtered rapidly as it climbs up the chain of command.) If the hearings can penetrate the politics and reveal the truth, some heads should roll now or in the election.

I suspect Biden flat-out lied about that. Support:

The elephant-in-the-room question, and possibly the bottom-line answer, might render the details moot: "Who ordered Susan Rice onto five networks with direct orders to lie to the world four days after U.S. Intelligence proved the attacks were full-blown 9/11 attacks completely unrelated to, in fact preceded in most cases, the demonstrations?"

Who but the president could effectively issue that order?

The president supported that lie for a week after Rice's embarrassing, kiss-ass, political suicide.

The White House has yet to admit, in fact constantly ignores and/or denies, the fact that radical Islamic terrorism is still a huge and dangerous force. Example: Fort Hood. Not only did the major's fiscal ties, loyalty, activities, communications, oft-stated allegiance, official documents and lectures, and threats strongly support radical Islam, but he continually screamed "Allahu Akbar" as he mowed down his fellow soldiers. Spontaneous criminal lunatic, my ass.

Carney's official statement to the press that Obama postulated terrorism as a possible cause immediately after the attacks is proven to be a lie by the videos of the president's speech Carney alluded to. These people clearly think the public is too stupid to watch TV, read the papers, or use a computer.

On the good side, this will cost Hillary the 2016 election and thus cost Bill the ensuing appointment as U.N. Ambassador.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
jpbassking wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
... If Obama is a no-show next week, then I think we are looking at Thurston and Doogie until Jan 2017.

Thurston Howell the 3rd?? LOLOL!! Boggs you are on today!

Boggs is funny! JP aren't you on the fence just a teeny bit? I sometimes think Boggs is, but he likes to give the right their daily helping of turds.

Bard, I always think about all my choices, so yes I have thought about a president Romney, but I could never vote for him because of many reasons. My consolation prize is that I am a Wall Streeter, and Wall Street is pouring money into Mitt's campaign, which will amount to some goodies!
BTW- I finally got Ben in SC to part with his EXO Wave 105, looking forward to some light wind Mast high goodness this fall.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how enthusiastically Bill Clinton campaigns for BHO now that Biden has thrown Hillary under the bus. Perhaps those daily security briefings that the president routinely chose not to attend would have been a good use of his time after all. Maybe he would have known about the requests for additional security that were repeatedly made by the people on the ground in Libya.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would not have heard the innumerable requests made by embassies at those briefings.
The State Dept and others have explained to you over and over.
The Pres. does not take part in those decisions.
Congress allocated a lot less money. State spent it .
The White House did not.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The buck stops here" - Harry S Truman

"The buck stops there" - Barack H Obama
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the truth evolves in the fairy tale world on the right of real Republcans. First Limbaugh blames obamas policiesfor starting the depression months before Obama took office. Next Obama is to blame for everything that happens in the world, large and small, past and future,real and imaginary.
Now he is to blame for defending himself by pointing out horses#t when he hears it.
Truman was famous for that too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 160 of 252

Jump to: