myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, the reason and the purpose of this thread is to INFORM other sailors of the wind conditions of the previous session.
You don't inform anything by leaving out the LOCATION you windsurfed at!
veterduet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: anonymity compromised! Reply with quote

see post subject: Marina Bay - Isabel
LeeD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry.
surfdog55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Sherman island Reply with quote

Great wind at the Delta this morning. Launched at 8:00am, slack, shot up to marker 10 and had fun on the rollers, good port jumps. 4.7 80Ltr 165Lbs. Sailed till around 9:30 flooding but very worthwhile. Might go back this afternoon if the wind holds. GO GIANTS!!!
JT
npure2001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Embassy - late Reply with quote

Had a pleasant hour sunset session on 5.3/102 at low tide at Embassy. Should have rigged the 6.0, but the wind looked really good, when I was rigging. Checked out the strange looking rig anchored off of 28R. Anybody knows what it's for? Planes did their best to give me occasional bursts. Didn't leave the pumping muscles unexercised.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we give up on this thread?
Sailed 7 meters or smaller since Wed, with Sat being a nice 6.5 and 100 liter cruising day at Berkeley. Very few sailors out. The season is effectively over for this year, I guess.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Sailed a Angulo Gu'd 10' 10" with an Ezzy 7.0. With 1 knot of wind I was having to concentrate to not end up downwind of the launch. When 3 knots of wind came up, I could go to windward. And did so. Had the tri fin set up. No daggerboard on this board. Never got in the footstraps. Oh that's right....there aren't any. Realized that when trying to launch through the shore pound. Uh oh. There is nothing to grab onto.

When I was leaving, one of the Rangers stopped his truck and rolled down his window as I did mine. He said, "The seasons over, bro."

I said, "No it's not. I am stretching it out!"

Looking at the wind graphs later in the evening, I see that I should of headed up the coast.

Windward1
npure2001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Repeat at Embassy Reply with quote

Another sunset session at Embassy. This time 6.0/102L. Had to pump much less than yesterday. Messy exit through the mud after fin first through the shallows, as the Oyster Bar decided to show up as well. At least there is a hose.
gerritt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Looking at the wind graphs later in the evening, I see that I should of headed up the coast.

Windward1

Indeed, 'twas nice up there. Head high, planning on 5.2 w/ 84 liters - no problem.

The "season" is never over, it just changes.
veterduet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Candlestick/Monday Reply with quote

The parking lot was empty, but all the usual suspects (except for Fred!) were still there - enjoying the gusty 5.2 to 5.7 wind.

Last edited by veterduet on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 389 of 427

Jump to: