myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've known since 9/11/12 that the Benghazi attack was a well-coordinated, multipronged, direct and indirect fire textbook military assault. It's emerging now that the attack was accompanied by shouts of "We got him", and that the Benghazi attack preceded the protests.

Idiots.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's telling techno900 that you think listening to Rush Limbaugh constitutes having an open mind. What is the truth? We still don't know everything yet, but I think it safe to say that the terrorist attack in Libya was planned for reasons independent of the anti-Islamic movie. However, I think that the movie was used by many in North Africa and the Middle East to fan widespread hate for the US. We all know that Muslims have a notable history of going off the top when folks and/or events criticize either their prophet or religion. One only has to look at how Christians react when they feel they are be attacked or threatened in any way. Admittedly though, Christians don't normally resort to civil violence.

Regarding your last sentence, I find it hard to fathom that you actually believe what you said. However, it just may highlight how dark and twisted your thoughts are. Sometimes you come off like isobars, and that's not meant to be a complement. There are times where you can sound like a reasonable and thoughtful person, but then you can often blow it with a single sentence or statement.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight, I had the opportunity to watch a PBS interview between Charlie Rose and Salmad Rushdie. Certainly apropos and poignant given the fact of where our topic has gone with current events. I hope some of you were able to watch it.

Looking back after what he had to endure for better than a decade, it was thought provoking to better understand how he feels about everything today. If I was to walk away with an interesting thought for the future, it would be a take on what Rushdie said about Muslims today. While I can't quote him, he indicated that no one will be able to change radical Islamic from the outside, but instead, it must come from the inside. A very insightful view in my mind, as entry in the modern world will only be achieved through the concerted efforts of very moderate and practical Muslims.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno said:
Quote:
I heard that the FBI was sent in to determine what happened in Libya, but were then pulled out "because of the danger". Danger of what, the truth?

swchandler responded:
Quote:
Regarding your last sentence, I find it hard to fathom that you actually believe what you said. However, it just may highlight how dark and twisted your thoughts are.

According to the news, the FBI never entered Libya because of the possible danger. Very likely the case, but as you should well understand, conservatives are naturally skeptical of anything connected to Obama.

After seeing puppet lady Rice babble on about "it's the movie stupid", it just made me wonder why the delay in finding out who was responsible for the attack. We will find out for sure (we already know), but I speculate that Obama is hoping for as much delay as possible, and that it may help take the pressure off of him. This is why I wrote my last paragraph in the previous post. "Dark and twisted", you should be very afraid.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, I guess when Bush was president, it was your immediate expectation that he should have quickly captured and dealt with Osama bin Ladin. I can't imagine how disappointed you were when he failed at that task, and instead started a fruitless war with Iraq. Nevertheless, did you vote for him in 2004?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say conservatives are skeptical of anything to do with Obama that makes good sense.
When that means every event on earth, the entire very conservative FBI, along with the CIA, every action taken by the EPA in the last twenty years,
and a guys electric bill in Maui who wrote to the paper......
mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time you guys scream that Republican's aren't racist--or stupid--or anti-learning, some elected Republicans like these show up:

Quote:
Arkansas GOP distances itself from lawmakers' comments on slavery, Muslims

Published October 07, 2012

Associated Press
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Arkansas Republicans tried to distance themselves Saturday from a Republican state representative's assertion that slavery was a "blessing in disguise" and a Republican state House candidate who advocates deporting all Muslims.

The claims were made in books written, respectively, by Rep. Jon Hubbard of Jonesboro and House candidate Charlie Fuqua of Batesville. Those books received attention on Internet news sites Friday.

On Saturday, state GOP Chairman Doyle Webb called the books "highly offensive." And U.S. Rep. Rick Crawford, a Republican who represents northeast Arkansas, called the writings "divisive and racially inflammatory."

Hubbard wrote in his 2009 self-published book, "Letters To The Editor: Confessions Of A Frustrated Conservative," that "the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise." He also wrote that African-Americans were better off than they would have been had they not been captured and shipped to the United States.
Fuqua, who served in the Arkansas House from 1996 to 1998, wrote there is "
Quote:
no solution to the Muslim problem short of expelling all followers of the religion from the United States," in his 2012 book, titled "God's Law."
Fuqua said Saturday that he hadn't realized he'd become a target within his own party, which he said surprised him.

"I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said before hanging up, saying he was busy knocking on voters' doors. The attorney is running against incumbent Democratic Rep. James McLean in House District 63.

Hubbard, a marketing representative, didn't return voicemail messages seeking comment Saturday. He is running against Democrat Harold Copenhaver in House District 58.

The November elections could be a crucial turning point in Arkansas politics. Democrats hold narrow majorities in both chambers, but the GOP has been working hard to swing the Legislature its way for the first time since the end of the Civil War, buoyed by picking up three congressional seats in 2010. Their efforts have also been backed by an influx of money from national conservative groups.

Rep. Crawford said Saturday he was "disappointed and disturbed."

"The statements that have been reported portray attitudes and beliefs that would return our state and country to a harmful and regrettable past," Crawford said.

U.S. Rep. Tim Griffin, R-Ark., kicked off the GOP's response Saturday by issuing a release, saying the "statements of Hubbard and Fuqua are ridiculous, outrageous and have no place in the civil discourse of either party."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/07/arkansas-gop-distances-itself-from-candidates-over-comments-on-slavery-muslims/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29#ixzz28dKz0oa0

Don't forget Paul Broun:

Lawmaker Calls Evolution and Big Bang ‘Lies Straight From the Pit of Hell’

U.S. Rep. Paul C. Broun Jr. of Georgia, a Republican who sits on the House science committee, was speaking last week at the 2012 Sportsman’s Banquet at Liberty Baptist Church, in Hartwell, Ga. His remarks were caught on a 47-minute video that was reported on by Talking Points Memo, a politically left Web site, on Friday. Representative Broun, a medical doctor, is running unopposed for re-election.

Source: Onlineathens

“And it’s lies to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. You see, there’s a lot of scientific data that I’ve found as a scientist that this really is a young earth. I don’t believe that the earth is but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was made in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible tells us.”

Read more at: onlineathens.com
Quote:

Yessiree, the Republicans have the solution for our declining schools. Double down on the benefits of stupidity and bigotry.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so rich. The knuckledraggers--yes I mean you mrgybe--are so pleased with the Tea Party folks. Like Paul Broun? The wingnut that says that evolution and the Big Bang theory are lies from the pit of hell?

http://broun.house.gov/news/documentquery.aspx?CatagoryID=13975&Page=2

It is pretty hard to ignore the Republicans endorsement of ignorance when they name this idiot to the House Science Committee. The country that created much of modern technology, now led by those opposed to science. What a party!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should do the trick, matty I'm with you.
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/lindsay_lohan_endorses_mitt_romney_TRTpIiyOu2l6cqGv1ZcgAO
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old age and treachery will win out over youth and skill any day. YOU GO JOE! Way to kick that punks butt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 157 of 252

Jump to: