myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Romney lies? Try the $716 billion, again. Easy to fact check. Try the 12 million jobs. But mrgybe will like that, that's based on a white paper about pandering to the carbon industry. None of it is possible. But he sure twisted those etch-a-sketch dials. Seems like he hardly new Paul Ryan's budget.

The $716 Billion "distortion" is of particular interest to me since that negotiation was part of the "deal" with insurers and hospitals. The idea that it should be given back to Medicare as Romney suggested is BS. Medicare does not need more money...it needs to exercise more responsibility. And, Ryan has already spent it on defense...

I had some hope that Romney would not use this figure...but, he did multiple times. SOS.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
CB I'm just critiquing the style of the debate. From a content standpoint it was a zero . Romney lied his ass off, and Obama ran with his same old tired lines.

Agree. My point is that it was interesting to "watch" the debate vs "listen" to the debate.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly mrgybe, I'm not serving the meal you're interested in. No problem really, I knew you didn't have an outlook to see beyond your limited view of things, and I suggested that earlier. Maybe I didn't quote and respond to everything in accordance within the confines you expect and will accept. Needless to say, not all of us are constrained by your box. Nevertheless, you know that I view Romney's sham as total BS, and I don't think you can provide any hard details to prove differently.

Needless to say, I'm totally interested in your detailed response about how great Romney is. Maybe you can fill in about what he refuses to tell us and how it all works.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You called him a liar....said he lied repeatedly......and then couldn't cite a single instance when he lied. You are starting to sound like someone who constantly says Fox is rubbish and then admits that he doesn't watch Fox.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say that he lied? No, I simply said that he was offering falsehoods. Frankly, you can't disprove that.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falsehood (noun)
- the state of being untrue
- a lie
- lying

Oxford English Dictionary.

If you are going to slander someone, at least be sure you know what you are saying!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnY8r7_fLw

Obamacare summed up in 1 sentence by an amazing woman.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one take on Romney's debate "comments" from Rolling Stone:

Quote:
The First Debate: Mitt Romney's Five Biggest Lies

The truth behind that $5 trillion tax cut, pre-existing conditions and more

By Tim Dickinson

October 4, 2012 9:32 AM ET

Mitt Romney .in a polished performance in last night's presidential debate – and revealedhimself to be an accomplished and unapologetic liar. In an evening where he sought to slice and dice the president with statistics, Romney baldly misrepresented his own policy prescriptions, made up numbers to fit his attacks and buried clear contrasts with the president under a heaping pile of horseshit.

Here are mendacious Mitt's five most outrageous statements:

1. "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut." Romney flatly lied about the cost of his proposal to cut income-tax rates across the board by another 20 percent (undercutting even the low rates of the Bush tax cuts). Independent economists at the Tax Policy Center have shown that the price tag for those cuts is $360 billion in the first year, a cost that extrapolates to $5 trillion over a decade.

2. "I will not reduce the taxes paid by high-income Americans." Romney has claimed that he will pay for his tax cuts by closing a variety of loopholes and deductions. The factual problem? Romney hasn't named a single loophole he's willing to close; worse, there's no way to offset $5 trillion in tax cuts even if you get rid of the entire universe of deductions for the wealthy that Romney has not put off the table (like the carried interest loophole or the 15 percent capital gains rate.) The Tax Policy Center report concludes that Romney's proposal would create a "net tax cut for high-income tax payers and a net tax increase for lower- and or middle-income taxpayers." Moreover, some of Romney's tax cuts are micro-targeted at American dynasties, particularly his proposal to eliminate the estate tax, which would reduce his own sons' tax burden by tens of millions of dollars.

3. "We've got 23 million people out of work or [who have] stopped looking for work in this country." Romney is lying for effect. The nation's crisis of joblessness is bad, but not 23 million bad. The official figure is 12.5 million unemployed. An additional 2.6 million Americans have stopped looking for jobs. How does Romney gin up his eye-popping 23 million figure? He counts more than 8 million wage earners who hold part-time jobs as also being "out of work."

4. Obamacare "puts in place an unelected board that's going to tell people ultimately what kind of treatments they can have." Romney is reviving Sarah Palin's old death panels lie here. Obamacare does establish an Independent Payment Advisory Board to help constrain the growth of Medicare spending. The body has no authority to dictate the practices of the private insurance marketplace. And the law also makes explicit that this body is banned from rationing care or limiting medical benefits to seniors.

5. "Pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan." In the biggest whopper of the night, Romney suggested that his health care proposal would guarantee coverage to Americans with pre-existing conditions. This is just not true. Under Romney, if you have a pre-existing condition and have been unable to obtain insurance coverage or if you have had to drop coverage for more than 90 days because you lost your job or couldn't afford the premiums, you would be shit out of luck. Insurance companies could continue to discriminate and deny you coverage, as even Romney's top adviser conceded after the debate was over.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w8n4wind wrote:
Obama? , Romney?..
does it really matter...?
we're doomed.
go sailing.

The past-proven sages of "Aftershock" don't even mention politics or party. A global plunge off the fiscal cliff is cast in stone for them. Romney/Ryan recognize the threat, but the A/S guys say no one can stop it now. But for the incredible, long-irreparable harm Obama's principles and programs ARE bringing and WILL bring down on us, I'd say give the election to the Democrats because this aftershock, if they're right, will keep the party presiding over it unelectable for decades.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Agree. My point is that it was interesting to "watch" the debate vs "listen" to the debate.

A huge part of Romney's absolute dominance, acknowledged by everyone from Matthews to Axelrod, was on the screen, not in the speakers. Obama looked like Nixon debating JFK, minus the sweat.

The remaining part of the Obamarout was Obama's total ignorance of the principles and laws of capitalism, domestic and global.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 353 of 409

Jump to: