myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I get it. I did before, but was hoping that when Iso makes what appears to be a valid point, we might see a balanced debate. I guess I was dreaming.

Regardless of our political views, I suspect that if we all sailed at the same location, not knowing who was who regarding our forum names or politics, we would probably all be good friends enjoying the sport.

I don't discuss politics often with my friends, and then only if we have the same thinking. There are occasional comments that subtly suggest party believes, so when the door is open, I may test the waters.

I see no reason to muddy a friendship with politics. However, this forum is a great place to stimulate thinking and learning, even if we are headed down the crapper. I very much hope I am wrong.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

I see no reason to muddy a friendship with politics. However, this forum is a great place to stimulate thinking and learning, even if we are headed down the crapper. I very much hope I am wrong.

Very well said and an excellent outlook.

When you say "hope I am wrong," I take it to mean wrong about the crapper, not about stimulating thinking and learning.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900,

What keycocker and mac are saying about isobars doing research on some of us here is the truth, because he's done some on me too and tried many times to use it against me here. I guess using your real name here can have a notable downside, especially with twisted characters like isobars around. You really have to wonder about a guy that claims to have censored over 32 folks on the iWindsurf forums, they're not just here on the politics side of things. isobars often gets in trouble on the windsurfing side of things too. You've been around here for some time now, so you know I'm not just making things up.

Like it or not, isobars readily earns all the grief that he gets here and then some. I'm absolutely amazed you think that he deserves some respect and consideration. He could earn it by improving his conduct here, but I'm convinced he's incapable of becoming a better person.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOGGSMAN REPORT

BREAKING NEWS!
Paul Ryan just replaced Mitt Romney with Marco Rubio....Romney supports the ticket and will campaign for them in Massachusetts, and Michigan.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I did before, but was hoping that when Iso makes what appears to be a valid point, we might see a balanced debate. I guess I was dreaming.

Yes, you were. I've been at this for about 20 years now, to the tune of well over 20,000 posts. For the first few years I thought, then hoped, then wished, then flat gave up thinking that valid facts and well-supported opinions would elicit same and maybe even change a few minds. That worked with a couple of long-forgotten actual debaters, but almost all we've seen from the left this century has been personal bomb-throwers, not debaters.

Almost to a person, their idea of debate comes almost solely from this menu:
• Twisting, very often totally fabricating, what their opponent said, as though readers with measurable IQs can't just scroll back to the truth. This has gone on daily for two decades.
• I forgot the obvious, common extension of that one: disproving what their opponent did not say and high-fiving the people thus fooled.
• Citing unsupported claims from the Daily Kos or Moveon.org or the Huffington Post or MSNBC as proof -- not heads-up ... PROOF -- of anything.
• Screaming "Racist!", "Neocon" (while refusing to define the term), "Liar", "Bush lied" (back when that mattered), etc. yet failing to provide any support to their thousands of such claims.
• Posting lengthy published articles as proof of their view without realizing that the articles often support their opponents' views; they either saw the title and cut and pasted without reading it, or read it and failed to comprehend it.
• Dismissing ANY cited sources other than their own, literally including the list below in keycocker's case, as "hate talk" and/or radical right wing crap:
http://www.cbo.gov/
http://www.politico.com/
http://www.census.gov/
http://www.stratfor.com/
http://www.snopes.com/snopes.asp
http://www.factcheck.org/
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/constitution/
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.html
Videos of politicians’ and public figures’ lips moving, in full context, and
The Kaiser Family Foundation/Harvard School of Public Health.

When all that fails, or just because it's fun, they commit libel. Aaaaannnnnd, of course, they start whining about my mother's combat boots, or Hanford, or Alabama, or other such highly relevant facts as their claim that the soldiers and first responders who protect their very lives and their filthy capitalist pig country do not deserve their earned, contracted benefits.

I'm about 18 years ahead of you, Techno, in realizing that many of them are not just hopeless, but are vicious miscreants no decent people would associate with. A handful, such as Coboardhed, try with some success to minimize their participation in all that, but slip or fail outright when their facts fail them. The ones who fairly consistently attempt rational adult discourse get to grace my screen, at my discretion; the rest are fair game.

As for "this forum is a great place to stimulate thinking and learning ..." ... well, it COULD be, and I thought it was until their true color surfaced back in the mid 90s. Any moderation worthy of the name would help, but of course would leave many threads as empty as they look on my screen already. I could snip my general, provable, accurate comments about liberals, but moderation would leave many of them not only moot, but mute.

Last edited by isobars on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too long.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, is all that isobars is claiming in his last post true? Do you really think that he's been the undeserved victim here? While I would admit that many of us on the more liberal side of things often have a sharp edge at times, as I'm sure that you might acknowledge, have we been so warped and twisted as to stand out as isobars does with his dialog and thought? How many of us brag about censoring folks and then try to make a big deal of it?

You be the judge.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see what we mean from that last post, but I guess you noticed already.
The worst part about it are all the great posters here gone because of iso.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes!!!! Is BHO a uniter or a demagogue? New vid of him begs the question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exclusive: In heated ’07 speech, Obama lavishes praise on Wright, says feds ‘don’t care’ about New Orleans [VIDEO]
Published: 8:50 PM 10/02/2012

In a video obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller, then-presidential candidate Barack Obama tells an audience of black ministers, including the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, that the U.S. government shortchanged Hurricane Katrina victims because of racism.“The people down in New Orleans they don’t care about as much!” Obama shouts in the video, which was shot in June of 2007 at Hampton University in Virginia. By contrast, survivors of Sept. 11 and Hurricane Andrew received generous amounts of aid, Obama explains. The reason? Unlike residents of majority-black New Orleans, the federal government considers those victims “part of the American family.”
The racially charged and at times angry speech undermines Obama’s carefully-crafted image as a leader eager to build bridges between ethnic groups. For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he almost never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America. The mostly black audience shouts in agreement. The effect is closer to an Al Sharpton rally than a conventional campaign event.
For the rest and the vid ~

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/02/obama-speech-jeremiah-wright-new-orleans/#ixzz28C9y6OsF

This is going to be around for awhile, it's panic city at the DNC.
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good speech, so whats the problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 343 of 409

Jump to: