myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is way above the right wings ability to grasp.... a great read... it was written by the industrial college of armed forces... yes there are some intellegent people in the military, they just do not get out much....

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA524086

Industrial college of the Armeed Forces

ABSTRACT: The news media informs, challenges, questions, and aggravates. It affects the way we look at domestic and foreign policy and shapes our view of events and our ability to address the problems of the world. It is part of the national security structure of our country without being a formal part of the government.
Ms. WillieDell Bowman, National Imagery and Mapping Agency
Lt Col Godfred Demandante, USAF
LTC Mike DeYoung, USA
Mr. Bruce Flory, Dept. of the Navy
Ms. Mary Forte, National Security Agency
Col Ronnie Foxx, USA
CDR Jeff Gernand, USN
LTC Frank Higgins, USA
Lt Col Patty Hunt, USAF
LTC Mario Messen, Chilean Army
Lt Col Tedd Ogren, USAF
Col Dave Pointer, USA
Col Michael Spencer, USAF
Ms. Mary Thomas, Dept. of the Army
CDR Timothy Tibbits, USN
Ms. Patti Wilmer, Dept. of the Army
Dr. Jim Currie, faculty
Col Tim Considine, USA, faculty
Col Jim Schmidli, USA, faculty
Dr. Alan Gropman, faculty

thier position/conclusion:

• Consolidation of news organizations, which has the potential to significantly influence the objectivity of news reporting and the credibility of news sources.
• A news media industry that is a powerful force in shaping national and worldwide opinion. If the news media are the world’s watchdog, how can society protect itself from abuse of this power?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
You don't get a lot of rude in your face BS coming from interviewers that is so common of cable networks, whether they be slanted from the right or the left.

I thought you said you don't have cable.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I said that I don't watch 24/7 cable news. I pay for only basic cable service from Cox Communication, so I don't get a full complement of 24/7 cable news. I could watch MSNBC or CNN if I wanted to, but I can't watch Fox News without paying more for extended cable service. Most of the exposure that I've had to Fox News is what you folks on the right post here on the forum. Believe me, I've seen enough of it to recognize just how biased their programming is.

I have also had the opportunity to see some programming on MSNBC while in the homes of others. From what I've seen, their programming is similarly biased, but from the left. That's just not my style. I can do without the manufactured attack-type reporting so common on 24/7 cable news.

Like I pointed out in the past, when watching TV news and roundtable interviews, my primary choice is PBS, but I will also tune into C-SPAN on occasion.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker
I hardly think my words would qualify as a diatribe. It's not hate it's disgust in the denial of the left. The notion that the main stream media ( which most people still get their news from) is not biased to the left is pathetic. Pat Caddell is not the only liberal that is willing to state the obvious truth, I have seen many others do the same. It's not a big deal , that's the way it is , and people are waking up and seeking alternative news sources.
The evidence of the medias bias towards barry is overwhelming. If a conservative had the economic record, gas prices , cover ups , security leaks, flat out lies, and lack of leadership that barry has displayed he would be toast.
Bob Woodward just wrote a new book , with some parts that talk about Barry's lack of leadership and inability to work with the republicans. The lefty media has all but ignored the book, and there are countless others.
There are many topics that liberals and conservatives can disagree about all day, but this one is as plan to see as obamas lack of leadership , and inability
to generate growth, the best he can do is rob Peter to pay Paul and call that a success .
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, why don't you come out say the obvious? What you want is programming that is constantly attacking President Obama for anything and everything, and that's why you conclude that the mainstream media is catering to the left and giving Obama a free ride.
jp5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in this mornings paper towards the back an obscure little article about how Prez Obama blocked the purchase of land in Oregon by a Chinese company because the land was near a Navy base where unmanned vehicles are tested. This has not happened in 22 years. You'd think a "liberal" press would give it higher priority than it did.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a TV after many years .
I watched my first program on CNN this morning. It was an hour long special by a bald guy named Ali about misplaced consumer confidence assisting the Obama campaign. Their point was that folks are too confident in the economy and that is getting Obama votes.
Explain why the "Liberal press" is sinking this big unfair advantage for Obama. I saw his votes melting away.
My explanation is that it is accurate news that their GOP owners think folks will watch and thereby sell ads.(and make money)
Your explanation?
If you have none then how bout all that material baja presented?

The conservatives who work throughout the media could at any time have a huge hit by bringing forth the proof of media bias.
CNN conservatives like Greta van Susteren and others have moved over to fox from other networks through the years. They are insiders at CNN and elsewhere.
Where is the big expose that Fox is dreaming of showing?They have the people from the "liberal press" on payroll. I am an old time conservative who has waited for this proof for 40 years.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler
Did you even watch the Pat Caddel video, or did you choose to ignore it like a good liberal? Do you think he is lying and making this stuff up ?
Maybe Kirsten Powers another brave liberal who is not dumb enough to deny the obvious can convince you, but then again I doubt you have any interest in the truth.

http://patterico.com/2012/09/13/kirsten-powers-on-media-bias-re-romney-and-embassy-reaction/
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can these clowns continue to acknowledge the mainstream network ombudsmen and CEOs who publicly admitted and lament their networks' liberal bias?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting on an explanation of the anti Obama stuff you see on CNN.
Did iso really say that in the fact free world of Talk Radio, the CEOs of these media companies have completely lost control of their content and regret that?
In the real world the CEO and the owner get to decide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 17 of 277

Jump to: