myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing hawaii extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedelalo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing hawaii extension Reply with quote

Hello everybody, i need some help. I bought a new windsurfing hawaii extension and i don t understand how to measure the length of the mast. It s written that The first hole gives an extension of 7.5cm to your mast but the distance from the pulley on the extension to the hole is really less (about 6cm). It s always too short with the clip in the hole (6.5cm). 7.5 cm is the distance from the extremity of the extension to the hole. the problem is If i downhaul my sail to the pulley of the extension, which is the maximum i can do, it Will never be 437.5 cm for a mast of 430. Am i wrong? How can i measure the correct distance? Additionally, if i Want for exemple 432, do i have to downhaul until the pulley on my sail are 2 cm under the bottom of my 430 mast? Thank you for your help
rhorton1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This previous post may help:

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23679&highlight=extension+length

You should still be able to use your WH extension. Just set it to the shortest setting and downhaul appropriately. You don't need to downhaul until the pulleys are touching.... a little space isn't going to kill you. More important to downhaul to the right amount for sail feel than to be aesthetically pleasing.

P.S. - you may get more responses with these general questions in the Windsurfing Discussion forum!
LeeD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also extend the top of the sail at the mast cap, if your mast is slightly too long.
Important thing is, rig the sail correctly for the wind conditions. Then try to lower it as much as possible, but it's not that important, especially wave style sails that work better when stood upright.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't measure. rig the sail, tune the sail. Add or subtract extension settings.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important advice alert! Check post above!
That last advice is the way almost everyone does it. It is so intrinsic to the way we rig that the first guys didn't even mention it.
There are good manufacturing reasons why you can't trust the numbers written on your gear, and many sailors have never looked at them at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: