myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Taxes? The Same."

Obama lowered taxes

"Wars? More of them "

Which new additional wars?

The world was very angry at us because of President Rove.
These types of demonstrations against the US were not Muslims in his reign. They were in Germany, England, and our other allies.

During his reign the US was sinking fast, our allies abandoned while we give them the finger. Out of control Congressional spending and deregulated banking was sending the world into a major depression.
We are in that now, but things are moving slowly in the other direction
We have allies again for one thing.
Talk Radio was applauding Bushs greatness, and some of you are still believing them about Obama.
I prefer to get my news from the GOP owned press like NBC,CBS,AP...
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear Bard, my comments were focused on the international scene that you highlighted. Although you mentioned counties in your post, you did say "around the world burning".

As keycocker mentioned, I have to also ask about the additional wars. There was some very limited military involvement in Libya, but I think we can agree that effort did sunset some time ago, and it was arguably quite short in duration and cost. As far a Putin is concerned, I'm quite confident that Putin is more than satisfied with the change in power since the Bush/Cheney Administration. Do we really want to bait Russia against us right now, and for what reason? You mention China, but do you think that Romney's bluster can be construed as a productive approach with China?

Now, we could dice it up about national politics, but that wasn't my original intent. Nevertheless, we could move the comments into that area. Still though, I don't think you would fare that well.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Signed the NDAA into law -- making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o trial
- Waged war on Libya without congressional approval
- Started a covert, drone war in Yemen
- Escalated the proxy war in Somalia
- Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan
- Will maintain a presence in Iraq even after "ending" war
- Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan
- Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries
- Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia
- Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia
- Opened a military base in Chile
- Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports
- Signed the Patriot Act extension into law
And of course Egypt. Now potentially the new Iran.
- Continued Bush's rendition program
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
- 1. Signed the NDAA into law -- making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o trial

2. Started a covert, drone war in Yemen

3. Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan

4. Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan

5. Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries

6. Signed the Patriot Act extension into law

7. Continued Bush's rendition program

IMO, those should be the basis of his campaign, as they're among the few things he's gotten right. Hillary DID run, in part, even if only by implication, on #5, when she said she will pursue Al Qaeda into any and every country they hide. Several highly regarded and high-ranking military historians, strategists, and/or combat experts in asymmetrical warfare absolutely insist that the only way to win this type of war is exactly what Hillary bombastically, if accidentally, implied: send in the spooks ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE terrorists exist and kill them. Drones are one way to do that, with obvious drawbacks, and IMO any US. citizen who chooses to join active enemy terrorist forces outside the U.S. has also chosen to become an enemy combatant first and foremost and thus has chosen to forfeit any rights to due process. He also knew going in that terrorist gaggles like Al Qaeda are excluded from the Geneva Convention because they completely and deliberately violate its clear and foremost applicability requirements.

As for selling weapons or components thereof to the bad guys, Immelt has done that for years with impunity and is still one of Obama's closest friends, advisers, and czars, so the die is cast, the acorns have fallen, the chickens are roosting, the foxes are dining in the henhouse, the cat's in the cradle, there's no fool like a powerful fool, and we need the oil partly because the idiot in the White House rejected most of same from Canada, Alaska, our continental shelves, et.al. in his maniacal obsession with green pie in the sky.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is that those on the left ignore what their "great leader" has done.

More Americans are dying under Obama, than Bush. His "Arab Spring" is a miserable failure. Now 33 countries are on fire, and they still blame this on a 16 minute film clip?

If this is all it takes to set the world on fire, I think I'm going to put my own movie together...

Starring Mac as Mohammed
Iso as GW Bush
Boggs as Ben Bernanke
Pueno as Ayman al-Zawahri
SW Chandler as Obama

The plot starts as Mohammed is in bed having sex with his new 9 (10?) year old bride. Obama is at a campaign rally, and Bernanke is printing money while the world burns. Al-Zawahri is entering the embassy with heavy weapons, and Bush is saying "it wasn't me"..

Finally, Israel as the only country left that is dumb enough or brave enough (depending on how you look at it) starts WW3, with it's culminating battle at Megiddo in the Israeli desert. Or as we all know it Armagedon.....from the work Megiddo, as prophesized in the Bible.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard,
The part I am not getting is how Obama started the Arab Spring and what he has to do with all those protests.
Probably because I don't watch the TV and see current events as analysis later or here.
How exactly did Obama start all those protests?
mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you sorry piece of excrement, I have been with one woman for over 40 years. You haters cannot imagine either the idea of loyalty, or the idea of giving the new president a fighting chance to clean up Bush's mess. You started hating him before he was inaugurated, and were determined to try to thwart everything he did. How well has it worked for you?

Quote:
By Nia-Malika Henderson

The Washington Post

A slew of new polls suggests that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is lagging behind President Obama in several crucial swing states.

The polls may be the best indicator yet that a post-convention bounce has given the president's campaign a surge of momentum 53 days before the election -- at least for now.

Though the Romney campaign has shrugged off the uptick in polls for Obama as a "sugar high," Republicans are pushing Romney to refocus his message on the economy and get more specific about his agenda in response. Romney has been diverted from his core message by foreign policy debates this week, facing pushback from prominent conservatives over his criticism of Obama after the violence in Egypt and Libya.

An NBC News/ Wall Street Journal/Marist poll shows Romney trailing Obama by at least five points in Florida, Virginia and Ohio, all states that Obama won in 2008.

In Florida, which has 29 electoral votes -- up from 27 in 2008 -- Obama has a five-point lead among likely voters and an eight-point lead among registered voters.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/09/14/4260025/polls-indicate-obama-leads-in.html#storylink=cpy

A whiff of desperation? I am absolutely convinced that the hatred of the rabid right is a big part of the current public opinion. Most people think that Obama is a good man and you guys are fundamentally unfair and dishonest.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are soooo funny Mac. Indeed a radical. Will you now start burning my home? It was a joke my friend.

FYI, if Allen West was running against Pat Robertson, I'd vote for West in a second. You are the biggot.

However it might surprise some of the left, but I hope Obama wins, so his policies can at least be rejected by our childrens generation, who will see them for what they are. If they work, God bless the man.

The whole metaphorical point was that the administration rejected and blamed free speech for these attacks and criticized Romney's analysis. Instead they blamed their failure (burning in 33 countries) to a 16 minute film clip by an ex-felon.

You should be proud that you are one of the few people who can keep a marriage going for 40 years. Cheers. Now go take your lovely wife out to a vegan brunch.

ps.Ambassador Rice: Libya Attack NOT Premeditated...
Libyan president: 'No doubt' consulate attack was 'preplanned' starting months ago...
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, do you remember the War on Terror that the Bush/Cheney Administration started with a big fanfare and lamely involved us in the war with Afghanistan? After doing miserably there, they started a brand new war with Iraq for false reasons.

Now, how was the Obama Administration going to quickly and adequately resolve these major wars? He wound down the Iraq War as he promised, but as we all know, you can't just leave a place that you virtually destroyed and turned upside down without some further US involvement. Maybe you have forgotten, but we still maintain military troops abroad going back to WWII and the Korean War.

Regarding our war in Afghanistan, you must remember that Obama campaigned before getting elected to finish the job we started there. Our efforts during the Obama Administration certainly have had mixed results, but I think that it can be agreed that with the death of Bin Laden and the severe beating that Al Qaeda and the Taliban have taken, much has been accomplished. And let's not forget, Obama has provided a timetable to exit Afghanistan by 2014, much to the disdain of many on the right and elsewhere.

Contrary to what you've said, President Obama didn't start a war in Libya. What he did was provide air support for our allies in Europe. While you get all twisted about the need to support Israel as our ally, don't you feel some obligation to support our allies in Europe, especially since many of them supported us in Afghanistan and Iraq?

As far as our covert and direct military actions in the North Africa and the Middle East, again you're forgetting about our War on Terror, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups. While I can't say that I'm all for what we've been doing, we must remember that the actions we've been taking aren't simply what President Obama wants to do. Certainly everything we as a nation have been doing as been researched, analyzed to death and recommended by the US Military, the CIA, the FBI and a myriad of think tanks that specialize in warfare and nation building.

You mention selling military hardware to Saudi Arabia. How long have you been asleep at the wheel? Do you know that we have been selling billion upon billions of dollars in advanced military hardware to them for many many decades? Apparently not. Do you know why we do it? Iran. With all your hand wringing and whining about Iran, I'm surprised that it didn't dawn on you. I guess you see only what you want to see.

I could go on with the other minor issues that you've raised, many of which were implemented under the last Republican administration, but I'm thinking, why waste much time on it. I have no doubt that it wouldn't change your mind. However, I would challenge you to take a more balanced view of things. To be very frank, I'm certainly against many things that we have done, and are now doing in the world, but I realize that nothing is really going to change regardless whether the Democrats or the Republicans are in power. I hope that you're not so naive to think that a Romney Administration will result in much different.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--those of you in the make-it-up world are usually only funny by accident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 155 of 252

Jump to: