myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
West Dennis Beach yesterday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceratz@comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inlandsea wrote:

Yes if you read the posts on this thread you would know that.

Actually I did read that in this thread (which I started)
So don't patronize me Phil.

The case is; times have changed and so have the rules for post season.
...At WD beach only of course.

And you expect that everyone should read and know the rules post season when last 20+ years have never been a problem or concern..at any CC beach?

And I only posted that last response about kiters to get the total rise out of you I expected. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
inlandsea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceratz wrote:

Actually I did read that in this thread (which I started)
So don't patronize me Phil.
:

Congrats for starting a post! I wasnt patronizing you, You just seemed not to be aware of it.
Dont read so much into this.....Jeff.

Iceratz wrote:

The case is; times have changed and so have the rules for post season.
...At WD beach only of course.:

Maybe its only me, but I though most would know not to sail in and around people swimming in the water as being fairly obvious. I guess Common sense is not so common at least where you are concerned.

Iceratz wrote:

And you expect that everyone should read and know the rules post season when last 20+ years have never been a problem or concern..at any CC beach?

:

Ummmm, I seem to remmember there being a recent beach closure due to people sailing and kiting in the swimming area....... Like this Spring in eastham?
And since there is a sign posted with the rules, yes i do expect that people might read it and follow them.
Just as you suggest in a prior email about signage. The Fact that You think we should have singage, but you won't read it is a bit confusing.
Iceratz wrote:

And I only posted that last response about kiters to get the total rise out of you I expected. Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol
:

Sorry to bust your (massive) bubble again, but you didnt really get a rise out of me with your comment. I know that's why you post, you enjoy the behind the computer combat and trying to trash people.
I just took it as an opportunity to point out your hatred of kiteboarding and your taking any opportunity to bash it. (not that I had to)

When I go to a beach that is one I have not been to I will ask what the rules are. (i dont need to be told to stay out of the swimming area, I kinda get that on my own). I used to think somethings do need to be said, but I guess thats not the case.

So here it is for you Jeff, DO NOT WINDSURF IN THE SWIMMING AREA at WEST DENNIS OR ANY OTHER BEACH. IT IS A POSSIBILITY IF NOT LIKELY THAT SOMEONE WILL BE SWIMMING AND YOU MAY NOT SEE THEM AND HIT THEM. THIS IS BAD AND WE DONT WANT THAT HAPPENING. - I can email this to you as well so you can print it out and put it on your sails as a reminder, just let me know.
iceratz@comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Phil,

Hatered of kiters?
Hardly. never said that, ever, in any post here or otherwise.
Hate is a very damaging word. Excessive indeed.
I don't beleive I "hate" anything or anyone.

Poked a bit fun I did! Laughing

Hiding behind my computer(?)
Now you are ranting.....

Its pointless to continue with you, what I thought was a very informative thread concerning everyone's access issues at WD beach, your back yard.

You offer nothing other than patronzing, insulting & disrespectful commentary.... Rolling Eyes
shreddbob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, thanks for continuing to provide your shop and friendly services in Dennis.

Jeff, thanks for your positive influence with the town 20 years ago and the boardwalk building, etc. that has allowed windsurfing and later kiting to be present at WD at all.

So where do we go from here? Maybe an information sheet made up and given to the town so they can have gate guards hand it out starting next season. This will remind everyone to look at the rules sign by Chair 9. And it will clearly state the "swim season" dates where buoys will be out and must be obeyed, even if no lifeguards. People seeing this sheet enough times in the summer will hopefully remember that the rules are still to be obeyed after Labor Day even if no sheets handed out then. The rules sign will always be there of course. And maybe have some copies of the info sheet ready for any busy weekends coming up?

Other concrete ideas, anybody?
inlandsea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Jeff Get over yourself realize you were wrong about the bouys and there not being any information about the rules at West Dennis.
Its okay that you dont like kiteboarding, but lets no pretend....

As for the Flyers, I think its a good idea for Kiting and Windsurfing. In the off season there is no way to pass them out at the beach. I would be happy to pass them out at the shop.
I am planning on speaking with the Harbor Master to make sure all is cool with him. I dont want any hassles with the Town as they have been so great to us.
I will ask if the town would be willing to pass them out in-season as well.

thanks for the suggestion.
antoinebo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need another 20 pages thread on Kiters vs. Windsurfers

Now that was healthy
inlandsea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antoinebo wrote:
I think we need another 20 pages thread on Kiters vs. Windsurfers

Now that was healthy

I think not.
I am just defending the Actions of the town/ police / harbor master and the signage they allow us to put up which lays out the rules.
The town of Dennis has been very welcoming to windsurfers and kiteboarders in the 10 years I have lived here. it may not have been so before, but I think we need to appreciate what we have and do what we can to maintain a good relationship with the town and not be confrontational when told we are doing wrong.
paulf.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Phil. i hope WE ALL don't lose access over one day's transgressions. i would facetiously say they just need to pull the buoys sooner and then won't have to enforce them, but that really just doesn't account for the bonehead strafing runs down the beach i witnessed. as you said, there was plenty of space outside with a little effort. P.D. said he had the run from seagull beach to wychmere harbor all to himself. by the way, that sit on the nose of my board trick is way harder (for me)on the 102 than the bigger 131.
Number-nine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow

That is a lot of drama
Really how hard is it to stay out of the swin area
Cape cod is now a 4 month destination for visitors June July Auh and sept
Make sense to me that swim area is off limits to windsurfing and kiting

I think I wil stick to sailing with the sharks
They do not complain about where we go at all
WaterKook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the people windsurfing at Corp. on Monday.
Just as an FYI when I was in the parking lot I over heard a woman telling another woman about the kite crashing on the car at WD Sat.
People love to tell other people about bad stuff happening.

Back to the real problem....over population!

Let's not over turn Roe versus Wade!!! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: