myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The bench looks great
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobras

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
the right are obstructionists

I hope to hell they are. That's exactly why *I* voted for them. Any legal means of stopping Obama from destroying the free world is OK by me. And I come by that dichotomy not from blind partisanship but from the goals he has repeatedly stated and demonstrated allegiance to, such as "Yes, Charlie Gibson, I know wealth redistribution will harm the economy, but that's OK in the interest of fairness."

That statement, repeated then and so many times since then, should and would have cost him 50M votes if the voting public had a brain.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go right Techno it's usually the best path to take, just like they train UPS drivers to take more rights because it goes with the flow of traffic and not against the grain.
Also if you go left you will have to stop at more red lights and hand out money to all the poor people obama has put on the streets.

Hey Mac do you find AIDS funny ,you sound like a bigot to me, or better yet a hypocrite, man you are one confused brainiac!!!!
pointster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:
techno900 wrote:
the right are obstructionists

I hope to hell they are. That's exactly why *I* voted for them. Any legal means of stopping Obama from destroying the free world is OK by me. And I come by that dichotomy not from blind partisanship but from the goals he has repeatedly stated and demonstrated allegiance to, such as "Yes, Charlie Gibson, I know wealth redistribution will harm the economy, but that's OK in the interest of fairness."

That statement, repeated then and so many times since then, should and would have cost him 50M votes if the voting public had a brain.

Mike, you can disagree with raising capital gains taxes, but it is wrong to make up quotes. Obama didn't concede Gibson's premise, he in fact repliied "Well, Charlie, what I’ve said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness".

Stop making things up and putting quotes around them.

For a discussion on capital gains taxes, see rhis Congressional Budget Office site:

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/38xx/doc3856/taxbrief2.pdf
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty, I was trying to protect your back. With the number of homophobic slurs you've left here, I figured that your only chance to avoid coming back as a slug was something significant that taught you a little empathy. Science has moved on, so a leper colony is out--but bedpans are definitely part of the doctors orders.

Of course I could have it wrong, and this is your return trip as a slug.
isobras

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know, Poinster, Gibson asked Obama the question at least twice, incredulously the second time, to make sure he correctly understood Obama's intent to support wealth redistribution at the expense of the economy. Gibson even emphasized the threat to the economy, but it had no effect on Obama's contention that wealth redistribution, Marx's holy grail, trumps the economy. My statement is clearly an accurate condensation of that segment of the debate, for several reasons:
1. Nobody utters first and last names in a conversation. I was pointing readers to a reference.
2. I write for fairly informed readers. I don't have time to retype old crap newbies like bajaDean refuse to read in the archives.
3. As I explained and cited references to swchandler when he tried your same deceptive schtick years ago, quote marks can imply either an exact quote or a paraphrase; the common intent is content attribution. I write for people who can discern the difference, as signified by the "Charlie Gibson".
4. Concede? No. Blow off Gibson's repeated factual statement? Absolutely.
5. I flatly refuse to do everyone's homework for them, not the first time I present something and sure as hell not the fifth time. Anyone too lazy to follow my lead to the transcript and/or so uninformed the reminder doesn't turn their light bulb on is not my target.

You might say I write for informed conservatives and open-minded liberals, not those liberals who want every little bit handed to them.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"deceptive schtick"? Now that's a complete pantload. I called you on on a lie, and you would never face up to the truth. You know isobars, you're not an honorable person, and I think most of us know that quite well.

You can't bend and concoct people's words and then use quotes around them to suit your twisted program. I know quite well that you don't have the integrity and sense of fairness to factually quote people for what they really said. Moreover, you didn't provide any citation to back up what you said. In my book, pointser wins hands down, as you have absolutely no credibility at all. None.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
...as you have absolutely no credibility at all. None.

Keep that up and Mikey will "plonk" you. Then you have the freedom to say what you want and he's forced to pretend that he can't read your post.

And that, of course, is a lie.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empty speech from the empty suit. When most people believe joe bidens speech was better, you know your speech sucked!! My guess is the narcissist wrote it himself, because we all know he is the smartest guy in the world.
Thank god they moved the venue, I heard hundred of lives were saved from those violent storms over the stadium last night. I guess it made sense after months of planning and millions to move at the last minute, even though they could have pushed it off until tonight. Bad speeches and empty football stadiums don't look good on TV.
On a good note for barry the fraud, unemployment dropped to 8.1 percent, but when you add in the lowest participation rate in 30 years its more like 11 percent. Not to mention most jobs created are at McDonalds.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty, you really are the prototype of a New England elitist...whats wrong with McDonald's?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny warren and myself have a pow wow at McDonalds every Friday. She loves eating out, so she can say someone else built her sandwich, and then she also gets to see all the jobs her and barry have created.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: