myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The bench looks great
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I said " I start off civil and somewhat respectful". Unlike you Mac and Pueno I can poke fun at myself, and man enough to apologize when I cross the line. And just for the record I have said many things that are nice.
It is ironic that the two nastiest liberals on here are the ones to criticize me.
You two should really go back and read your many post, filled with insults , personal attacks, and derogatory comments.
A study in hypocrisy would be an understatement.

And if you ever want to talk about the rising stars in the GOP let me know.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

And if you ever want to talk about the rising stars in the GOP let me know.

So, Mr. Meffah, what/where/who is/was "Jumbo"?

(Yes, a quick Google search helps, if you know the search terms.)
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, I've been gone for a while, but from what I've read on another thread, you've been in rare form. While not much is really new, I guess you've investing a lot more time at it. Maybe that's why you're running into difficulty from pueno and mac.

I have to admit though, your opening to this thread did start off on a positive note rather then just another wingnut tirade against President Obama, someone else in his administration or your most hated list of Democrats. So, I'll briefly offer my thoughts about what's happening in Tampa. One of the speeches I saw was front the keynote speaker Chris Christie. For the keynote speaker, it was a pretty lame speech from many that have touted him to be one of the upcoming leaders in the Republican Party. It was hardly inspirational, and a bit more about him blowing his own horn. In fact, many of the speakers that I saw were doing the same thing, including Mayor Mia Love. I don't know if she is credited for the "We built it" headline at the convention, but she apparently isn't looking at what the Republican Party "built" since 2001, including what they haven't built since 2009. It's not like some folks aren't watching what's really going on.

Speeches are just speeches though, whether it's coming from the right or the left. I can't hardly wait until the airy BS is over and we get down to what Romney, Ryan and the Republican platform are really about. Just deriding President Obama isn't going to cut it in my book. Sooner or later we have to get down to the hard promises that are going to be offered. I wait with anticipation with all the specific details of how many further tax cuts are going to be paid for. Moreover, how are they going to "save" Social Security and Medicare when they're actually planning to cut the crap out of these programs to ultimately enrich Wall Street and the health insurance industry. Then, there's all those regulations that they want to eliminate. Overall, there's a lot of important blank space to fill in.

Do you think that Romney and Ryan will be that candid and forthcoming to all Americans, and not just appealing to wide-eyed Republicans that feed off of hate, simple talking points and vague promises of real economic change? Time will tell.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I feel very good that this is a party on the rise with a bench that looks great. '
Conservatives really need this right now since the display of our best and brightest during the primary.

The world news really had a good time with that. Portraying Americans as loonies is easy when we pull our pants down in public like that.
. They spin the story so Bachman, etc, has huge support and by implication all Americans left and right are just the same as these clown pols.

They have idiots in their gov too, esp Italians and French, but they rarely trot them out as their best and brightest for the world to see.
Do you conservatives really think the present day leadership represents your interests and is entirely truthful with their own?
I think Romney is head and shoulders over the likes of Mitch and Limbaugh and the rest of those guys who got us into this mess.
For every one of my conservative friends the GOP is the default choice not the party of Lincoln.
That Party closed down under Gingrich Speakership and never recovered.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler
Have you heard an obama speech lately, it's all about fairy dust , and the evil rich. Hardly the words of a leader , and far from inspirational. From the first day he took office it's been all about his base, someone needs to remind him he is the POTUS not the leader of the democratic party.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The joke is Medfa, Mefffah, based on its known mafia connections, but in reality it is pronounced by locals Med-fid.
I am sure I saw Jumbo when I was a kid, and I do vaguely remember the fire.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler
Christie may be a blow hard, but I think he has earned a lot of peoples respect , even in liberal NJ. From most accounts he has done a pretty good job. Ryan , Walker, Christie, Haley, Kasich , Jindal, and others are doing a great job on a daily basis and are far from just hateful speech sound bites as you describe. These guys are backing it up with results and brutal honesty. The future of the GOP looks very good with or without the acknowledgement of the left.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

I am sure I saw Jumbo when I was a kid, and I do vaguely remember the fire.

He musta been a GOP animal -- floppy ears, up in flames.

Tuft luck.

mat-ty wrote:

Christie may be a blow hard, but I think he has earned a lot of peoples respect , even in liberal NJ. From most accounts he has done a pretty good job. Ryan , Walker, Christie, Haley, Kasich , Jindal, and others are doing a great job on a daily basis and are far from just hateful speech sound bites as you describe. These guys are backing it up with results and brutal honesty. The future of the GOP looks very good with or without the acknowledgement of the left.

So says Fox.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, what I don't want to hear about during the Republican Convention is a bunch of BS about President Obama. Of course, those in the convention would like to harp about him endlessly for every problem America faces, but that's a total cop-out that fails to take into account reality. Where the rubber meets the road, I'm interested in hearing a lot more about all the details that Republicans "leaders" are conveniently omitting. I think that you're thinking that "others" aren't listening, and that also includes Democrats, Independents and many others.

Hearing Representative Paul Ryan speech today was a real disappointment. It's no small wonder why he had to clear his throat so many times. Did he offer any real specifics on his plans for America? Hardly. The guy is just a tool for special interests. The classic politician of the worst sort. As I've said before, he's a real weasel that I don't trust for one second. It's ironic that he wants to kill the ACA, but promotes privatization of Medicare. What's with that? Maybe the fact that insurance companies don't want to assume responsibility for folks with prior health problems. Most savvy folks know it's really about profit and little else.

The only speech tonight that was notable was from former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. She's one smart lady that I have respect for, even though I feel differently on many different topics. Needless to say, her comments were far more measured and free of the partisanship and divisiveness so prevalent from the host of others talking tonight. You can tell that she's looking beyond just this convention.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, you're chirpping Chris Matthews words from MSNBC. I watched it on MSNBC so I could see just how pathetic their analysis would be. I think Obama is toast. He's going to have to go to work at a real job when this is over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: