myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
movie night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I didn't say it was okay , I was saying do not be a hypocrite. Boggs you are one of the most civil people on here and I do respect your opinions, and you are right it does dilute your argument when name calling kicks in. But please do not imply I am the only one that goes down that road. In your own rebuttal you take a deep hit at me.

Sorry Matty, sometimes I go off topic....and I like Rachel Maddow. I see personal attacks here daily from many, and its unfortunate. It's the forum, in person , at a sailing site, none of it would happen.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Since I have your attention Mr G, do you STILL think Apple will have problems post-Steve Jobs, and with that Asian competition thingee?

Yes. Unlike many investment advisers, I look beyond the next quarter. My next door neighbor just bought a Hyundai. Five years ago he would have laughed if I predicted he would buy a Korean car. If you want to look short term, focus on an Israeli attack directed at Iranian nuclear facilities. Wondering if they will do it during the DNC convention to thank BHO for his unwavering support.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Stop obamas reckless and out of control spending, you bet your sweet ass that's the mission.

This is interesting.

So is this.

Gosh, Matty, look at THIS! And from a conservative media source too, which has reassigned the stimulus spending to Obama! Amazing!

So, obviously, you're FULL OF SHIT.

mat-ty wrote:
O'reilly was not about to let barry the fraud control the interview with spin, lies , and deception, great interview. Bret Bears was even better, it showed what a thin shin weasel barry is.
Madcow is that the little angry carpet chomper that dresses like a boy scout, is she a journalist?

Matty, on the one hand, you are a funny guy -- certainly worth a laugh. Laughing Laughing Laughing

On the other hand, you are a bigot and racist of galactic proportions and an embarrassment to all thinking people. To call you a joke would be an insult to others who are a joke. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by pueno on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha. I bring up the worlds largest company, and the great success they are having.... And, you somehow segway into Israel bombing Iran .....twisted mind of a conspiracy theorist. Let me re-fresh your mind. You thought Apple faced big challenges when Steve Jobs died.......not yet.
You thought Apple would get crunched by cheap Asian competition....after the Samsung verdict, not yet!!!! And it will be virtually impossible to copy Apples' interface going forward. Somebody will have to invent a better mousetrap, and at this point it will be many years.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really expect Southie Matty to absorb any facts do you?
isobras

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
O'reilly was not about to let barry the fraud control the interview with spin, lies , and deception, great interview.

Obama set a time limit on the interview, then tried to begin his notorious 7-minutes-per-answer tactic which would have limited O'Reilly to maybe three questions of the dozens he wanted answered. Bill had no choice but to constantly get Obama not only back on track but succinct and truthful. Anything less would have become a campaign speech, not an interview, and every savvy viewer would have changed the channel. Whether it's Obama or Romney, we want answers, not speeches. Anyone who whines about that is interested in precisely the opposite.

Look what happens when journalists let Obama filibuster: After months with no Q&A sessions with the White House Press Corps, Obama grants them an audience recently, and what happens? Four reporters are picked in advance to ask their vetted questions, each triggering a preconceived several-minute response. That's it; 4. No one claimed the questions and answers were planned verbatim, just that insiders revealed that the four questions were prescreened for topic, answers were prepared on those topics, and off he went on four campaign speeches.

If O'Reilly put up with that disgusting, cowardly, manipulative, dishonest BS I'd find another news source. It should convince every voter with a conscience to find a new president.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Let me re-fresh your mind. You thought Apple faced big challenges when Steve Jobs died.......not yet.
You thought Apple would get crunched by cheap Asian competition....

Although you overstate what I said, I continue to believe that Asian competition will bring Apple down from the stratosphere. If you have a different view, fine. As I said, I take a longer view than those whose primary concern is the next quarterly performance report to their clients.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-man, our position is 7 years old, that would indicate a long term outlook. If a PM did not overweight Apple in the last three years, the S&P would have taken them out behind the woodshed, and beat them mercilessly.
As you like to point out my misdiagnoses of the economy, I like to continually point out your lack of belief in the world's largest company.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, You seem to take it personally. Apple has done incredibly well and I have benefited personally from the ride. But looking 3-5 years out and sounding a note of caution that Asians might well take a slice of the apple pie is an entirely reasonable perspective given the Asian track record in a host of other products. Do you really think that they are not working toward that end? Having that perspective doesn't diminish Apple's achievement, it's just a reality of the market place that has been replayed countless times. I'm looking forward, not back.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, Im just screwing around, lighten up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: