myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
movie night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs do you mean like Dan Rather?
Its remarkable his numbers were at 31% after 8 years of non stop negative reporting from left wing hate mongers in the liberal media. Thank god the landscape is changing quickly, and the liberal grip on the news is shrinking daily.

Just ask Arthur Brisbane what he thinks of the dying NYT

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865561272/New-York-Times-public-editor-opens-up-on-bias.html?pg=all
isobras

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NYT, ABC, NPR, and several other liberal media ombudsmen and spokesmen have admitted in their own media that, indeed, they are significantly biased towards the left. That's bad enough, but worse is their next word: "So?"

So your biased BS, presented as fact, is creating the news, not reporting it, and in the process destroying the country.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs keep your skirt on dude, do you want me to remind you of all the despicable things said about bush , Cheney, Romney, Ryan , breinhart after his death, and countless others. Give me a break mr thin skin. I would rather be a joke than a liberal , incapable of displaying an ounce of common sense in most cases.
O'Reily is far from a comedian, you sound a little jealous and angry when you make such juvenile comments.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a brutal interview, thats all....apples-apples. I never attack people personally. I met Paul Ryan at Meg Whitman's house, he's a nice guy. Go back and scour my posts, I never attack people personally as you have made a habit doing, like the Maddow comments. One thing I learned in college, along with civility, is that when you go personal when debating, it dilutes the effectiveness of your argument, and equates to a concession speech. I dont have a thin skin, I just dont think offensive juvenile commentary is appropriate.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider personal attacks to be at others on this forum , not public figures who are fair game. Did you think blaming the death of a woman on Romney was appropriate, juvenile, or offensive?
My ugly comment was made on a windsurfing forum 8 people read. The obamas campaigns, false and vile comment was presented to millions.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"do you want me to remind you of all the despicable things said about bush , Cheney, Romney, Ryan , breinhart after his death, and countless others. Give me a break mr thin skin. I would rather be a joke than a liberal , incapable of displaying an ounce of common sense"

This poster just said it is OK to to be despicable and insulting because bobby did it. I have never heard that from an adult here (except iso, of course.)
We do not allow the children in our school to use that excuse for offensive behavior.
I think offensive, pointless, partisan attacks are damaging our country.
The people of the world who have no idea what the word dem or GOP means are noticing the vitriol and take it as sign America is destroying itself.
Our enemies celebrate every bit of nastiness. Think about that next time you write a post read all over the world that hates on other Americans and encourages the Taliban
Whose side are you on?

Last edited by keycocker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty...I can only speak for myself. I certainly appreciate your opinion, I just dont want to read your op-ed of rachel maddow's sexual orientation. Dont change the subject to the bile that exists in political campaigns, I am well aware of that. I am asking you to rise up, lift the level of civility, and make this country better because of it.....it will rub off on others.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Go back and scour my posts, I never attack people personally

boggsman1 wrote:
Obama did an interview with the despicable Bill O'Reilly

Well, that scouring didn't take long
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say it was okay , I was saying do not be a hypocrite. Boggs you are one of the most civil people on here and I do respect your opinions, and you are right it does dilute your argument when name calling kicks in. But please do not imply I am the only one that goes down that road. In your own rebuttal you take a deep hit at me.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Go back and scour my posts, I never attack people personally

boggsman1 wrote:
Obama did an interview with the despicable Bill O'Reilly

Well, that scouring didn't take long

Are you kidding me,Mr Gybe? Adjectives such as despicable are not what I am referring to. Fair game in my book. I am refering to personal , off topic , profane tirades. c'mon man. Since I have your attention Mr G, do you STILL think Apple will have problems post-Steve Jobs, and with that Asian competition thingee?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: