myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfingmobile
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mchaco1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Windsurfingmobile Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is looking for ideas...heres mine.
92 4runner, 5spd, 4cyl, 4wd, 25mpg.

In camping mode today I have...
4 boards, 8 sails, 3 masts, 2 booms, all the fins and fittings for everything plus half of my wardrobe/bathroom cabinet/kitchen is in there somewhere Laughing There is still room for a passenger. The bed is a double stack of twin ikea matresses ($99 each and more comfortable than the one at home, stocked with three pillows and two blankets of course) and theres full stretching out room with the rear seat bottoms left in the garage

Laughing

Last edited by mchaco1 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
KevinDo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty cool! I fit everything in a camry Sad Can only hold a limited number of sails
SPQR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, sure wish you could purchase new 4 Runners with that 4 cylinder engine, nice rig.
justall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. How did you hold the booms and other supplies to the ceiling? Are there anchor points in the ceiling of a 4-runner for lashing straps, or did you add some?
mchaco1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justall wrote:
Very nice. How did you hold the booms and other supplies to the ceiling? Are there anchor points in the ceiling of a 4-runner for lashing straps, or did you add some?

I used two short pull tight straps (got them in a set with the two ratchet straps for the boards for like $10 from harbor freight). I hooked the front one onto the two passenger grab handles and the back one onto the seatbelt mounts. The rear seatbelt themselves make awesome straps if you pass gear behind them and pull them tight, everything stays stacked up nicely and you get all the room you need.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That IS a lotta gear for one person.
Unfortunately for me, I gotta carry 15 sails, 5 booms, 15 masts, and 6 boards, so I drive a old old FordVan. Heck, I have 15 fins right now in the van, and 10 more in the garage.
Couple that with 2 bikes, and my G/F in the passenger seat, some people would say I'm overloaded.
spookini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by the first night, you're sleeping next to a bunch of wet sailbags. Loads of fun!!
mchaco1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spookini wrote:
And by the first night, you're sleeping next to a bunch of wet sailbags. Loads of fun!!

No big deal, I just let them dry off before putting them away while I take a nap Very Happy Never had any wetness issues
mchaco1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
That IS a lotta gear for one person.
Unfortunately for me, I gotta carry 15 sails, 5 booms, 15 masts, and 6 boards, so I drive a old old FordVan. Heck, I have 15 fins right now in the van, and 10 more in the garage.
Couple that with 2 bikes, and my G/F in the passenger seat, some people would say I'm overloaded.

Yeah... Laughing I usually take a bit less but I was trying out some different boards. Im not one of the "if im not on a 4.5, im just watching" people though so I like to be ready for 3.75-8.0 when im on the road

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you elaborate on your system to stow equipment using the internal suspension system up inside the roof? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: