myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
When will the waves ever return to the East Coast?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: When will the waves ever return to the East Coast? Reply with quote

Not worried about the wind anymore.

And not talking about waist high stuff....we've had a good run of small surf all summer....nice clean fun.
Cape Cod perspective from my pal Rick:
http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=16818.0

But where's the juice?....something to raise the heart beat a little, and stop all the chatter in the line up..... horizon alterations...hold downs...
Last few sessions I find myself outside and staring at Africa.

bates

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lake Atlantic. The natives are restless
btbill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept 12 to 15+, at least here in Hatteras! Very Happy

AWT Hatteras Wave Jam 2012!

Though likely it will start Labor Day weekend!
This shot was from Labor Day 2011 at Coquina Beach near Oregon Inlet!
(one of my top wave sessions of 2011!)
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Gordo.
And all you Southern Hemisphere nuggets.

Posted somewhere else:

Mainalo my friend. And while I'm at it, New Thankshire, Massloha and Rhode I-Love.

We sit on the roof of Summer, gazing to the horizon of the Fall. Our eyes strain to see the lines rise and bulge across the blue rubber distance. Will the bulges flow and fold bob and bend until they reach to us, greet us and pop! Or are they a mirage here on the back side of August, dripping with moisture, an imagination of our previous year's nature we boil up from memory and media, friends who call us to schedule excitement; the froth--it is in the air.

Now is the time to give thanks to your nature. The bends on the corners of your horizon. Mahalo to Maine. Aloha to Massachusetts. Thank You New Hampshire. I love you Rhode Island.

A network of creatures has descended and crossed our path since June. Some of us get annoyed. Some of us make more money. Tourism. The boogie board with the skull and cross bones ridden by the three year old boy from Connecticut. Slow down and enjoy the ice cream. Pick up a can tossed by the lad who had his first real drink. Revel in your beach gear and the warmth of the water. Now is their turn.

Sleep. You need to sleep and be flexible and have no pulled muscles. I've postponed my ear surgery at Mass Eye and Ear until November with hopes that September will deliver and October follow her up. I am deaf as F-ck but I don't care, my chips are on one number. The wheel is rotating around and I can hear the ball bouncing. Rub my hands together and kiss the dice. Trust in patience and thankfulness.

For god's sake, continue to spread Aloha. The hardest lesson for a surfer to learn--not any of the ASP or current Free Surfers will ever learn--share waves. See what it's like to turn and not go, when the sight of a beginner or an old surf dog just to your left gives you pause and you actually let the bastard go, you'll feel more noble than ever before. A true member of the line-up ecosystem is conscious of those better and worse surfers. It took me forever to learn this lesson and yes it happened in Hawaii after about 15 years of visiting my folks on The Big Island. The gratification was instant and accompanied by people finally asking me my name and then calling me into the waves which were sent by her to me. That mother, the horizon.

-Mickey-

ron.c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no complaints from me

RC
ron.c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on golden (make that silver) pond

8-17-12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  383.43 KB
 Viewed:  14186 Time(s)

8-17-12.jpg

angulo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just arrived home from cape verde last night. Going over there reminded me of why i lived there for 14 years...... the surf and the people. Super cool spot. I had some fun waves the whole time, small but perfect and got to watch my 8 year old son, Noah get his fair share . As luck has it the south swell of the summer was arriving as I was departing back to USA. Work commitments shut down all of us at some point or the other.

I love the Northeast , but I will definitely be going back and forth as much as I can to get some waves. There's really something to be said about "island juice ".

Aloha
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>There's an Island way out in the sea, where the babies all grow up on trees.<< from the the first album of Jefferson Starship
rich1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btbill,

Would you know off hand what the swell (direction, size, period) and the wind was doing that day and the day before? I'd like to set up an email alert for myself.

I've never sailed the east coast for real, and I'm up for a last minute road trip if I know I'm going to score some good conditions. It's about an 18 hour drive from where I live in Ontario, so my plan would be drive, sail one or two days and go home.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: