myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
New Law in NC Bans Latest Predictions of Sea Level Rise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobras

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunHog wrote:
.the Earth is warming as it has done before, we are contributing. Those that adapt will survive, those that don't will vanish. Get over it, adapt.

My primary adaptation lately has been wearing more neoprene, later into summer, than in any year since I moved near the Gorge in 1999 ... the last year the global temperature rose.
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:

in 1999 ... the last year the global temperature rose.

?

nasa disagrees with you...

''NASA Finds 2011 Ninth Warmest Year on Record

WASHINGTON -- The global average surface temperature in 2011 was the ninth warmest since 1880, according to NASA scientists. The finding continues a trend in which nine of the 10 warmest years in the modern meteorological record have occurred since the year 2000.''

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2012/jan/HQ_12-020_2011_Global_Temp.html

w8n4wind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkrug wrote:
w8n4wind wrote:
so when hwy12 gets washed out again, who should pay to rebuild it?

well, i'm obviously not a fan of govt doing much of anything besides internal and external defenses of the people. in a perfect world, the private sector should take care of such things, just like it did at the dawn of this country. (and the private sector always did it better, btw...e.g., James Hill took no govt assistance and built the best railroads in the 1800s). btw, that's a very funny avatar, and that's praise from a neanderthal kiter.

and mrgybe, i agree with you 100%.

haha.. i used to be a neanderthal kiter,,, but i evolved.
(actually still kite when no-ones around)

actually agree with you about people who take the risk of building in a place where they know its a big risk, like obx...if you cant get insurance, and cant afford to lose it, then dont build it. dont expect the government to bail you out then., but maybe theres an expectation of help as they were allowed, and even encouraged, by the government to build in those areas?
anyway, i dont understand how theres gov. money for things like that, but not for something like decent universal healthcare coverage there..?

but still, how to pay for the washed out roads..?[/i]

Kenjo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would at least one of you global warming believers please let the rest of us know what the ideal temperature for the earth should be?

I'm waiting..............................................still waiting............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dunno what its supposed to be, but the lines on these graphs keep going up..
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

of course im not sure i believe nasa, after all they lied about putting a man on the moon too.
Wink

btbill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evans wrote:
Any of you guys ever wonder about the septic systems in Hatteras? Where does all that Sh!t go?

Yea, that is a nasty one indeed. All our Sh!t ends up in either the Sound or Ocean. Just recently due to the recent July heavy rains, the bacteria counts in the ocean off Nags Head increased to dangerous levels. I never enter the sound off Nags Head in the summer (contracted a bad case of Cellulitis in 2004 from a minor shin scrape at Windmill Pt) due to nasty water conditions, but usually the ocean remains clean.

Luckily though down south of Oregon Inlet it seems to remain fairly clean due to less concentration of development and wider expanses of water (sound side).

Though when new Inlets form such as at Mirlo Beach (where the motto there is "Where Dreams are Made..." aka more like nightmares) all the exposed septic ended up in the ocean or sound. Lot of Sh!t in the water everywhere following Irene last year. Sad
shreddbob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHMUCK wrote:
Would at least one of you global warming believers please let the rest of us know what the ideal temperature for the earth should be?

I'm waiting..............................................still waiting............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The earth historically has shifted between cold state (ice age) and warm/temperate state. I find this explanation interesting and perhaps sobering:

http://www.alternet.org/story/17711/the_ice_age_cometh?page=0%2C1&paging=off

Paradoxically, it's possible that global warming may be a trigger for a rapid change to the next ice age. Nobody really knows when things like this will happen. But recent studies based on historical temperature data show that when the climate shifts from warm/temperate to cold it can happen incredibly fast--like a teeter totter, with the transition between stable states occurring in say 3 years time when going from warm/temperate to cold/ice age.

Here's another (long) paper that may put perspective on the past decade of weather extremes that you can draw your own conclusions from:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/0008xl84w0743102/fulltext.pdf
isobras

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w8n4wind wrote:
isobras wrote:

in 1999 ... the last year the global temperature rose.

?

nasa disagrees with you...

Quote clipped from http://tinyurl.com/6rmnadn :
"global temperatures have not increased at all during the past decade.

The evidence is powerful, straightforward, and damning. NASA satellite instruments precisely measuring global temperatures show absolutely no warming during the past the past 10 years. This is the case for the Northern Hemisphere mid-latitudes, including the United States. This is the case for the Arctic, where the signs of human-caused global warming are supposed to be first and most powerfully felt. This is the case for global sea surface temperatures, which alarmists claim should be sucking up much of the predicted human-induced warming. This is the case for the planet as a whole (see http://www.drroyspencer.com/ ."
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:

global temperatures show absolutely no warming during the past the past 10 years.

ok, but 9 out of the last 10 years are the warmest since 1880..
meh, im sure its nothin to worry about.
Wink

btw, Dr Roy Spencer.. ?
haha..funny...

WaterKook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries....God will take care of us let's all just pray and it will go away. Wink

Here is real science on global warming and jkrug you know the truth you were there!!!
Corporation Beach in trunks at 6am Wednesday 7-25-12!
I have never sailed Corporation beach in anything less than a full suit before!!!
Proof the earth is warming!!! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: