myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Break in at Shimada Park/Marina Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roycevaughn,

off topic but do you guys have to park your van right in the path to the beach at TP?

no big deal. just a little annoying.
wyndryder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came in apparently just minutes from when this happened to Sam (one of the cars) and a foreign gal who has been coming there lately. Whoever said the Richmond police don't respond well is incorrect. I spoke to the first officer on the scene and he was there just minutes after one of the car's alarms went off.

We've have been sailing Marina Bay for a good 20 years and I don't ever recall this kind of thing happening (which doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just don't remember). I think we will all be on the lookout now for a silver Nissan and that's good.

My advice - hide your valuables somewhere not so obvious or just bring your driver's id. Marina is a great spot and we should not let this stop us from sailing there. Rather - let's nail this mother fucker!

The observation that it happens during the week and toward late afternoon is a good one and makes sense.

WindDog - I don't mind getting around all the poop at Isabel (although I wish the owners would clean up after their children), but when one of the owners was talking to me last week and both of his dogs pee'd on my sail for attention while we were talking - that was just too much!

Pray for wind.

->WyndRyder<-
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Dogs peeing on sail! Reply with quote

Time to make a sail out of doghide.

Guess not. Will result in just more peeing.

Or sniffing of the clew.
victor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dog that liked to pee on surfboards.
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: So what are they taking? Reply with quote

So what are they taking?
Georges

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
You should launch at the dog park...no one fucks with the Grim Reachers.

Perhaps the grim reachers would be interested in the new product line being offered at eastbaysailingtools.com

This month we are offering free embroidery of our waterproof neoprene holsters. ( there is a slight up charage for .357)

Our condom tongs will last you a lifetime. At east bay sailing tools we know what its like the have the dreaded east bay jelly fish wash up on your favorite launch. Our tongs have extra grip so that the big ones don't get away.

Our bootes are legendary!!!! Never again do you have to worry about syringes and broken beer bottles. Our booties can withstand rusty fishing hooks and still have the style and fit you demand. Available in sizes 6-12.

Mention Iwindsurf and we will throw in our famous harness adapter. Your new tongs and holster will fit seamlessly into your kit.

East baysailingtools.com
radross

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is TP? Is this the Ashby launch or somewhere different?
timwnitram

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TP is Toll Plaza (by the Bay Bridge toll plaza). This is a super bummer because they seem to be targeting windsport folks. I read the thread on the kiteboard forum and they are hitting the toll plaza, Pt Emery, Marina Bay...
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="georges"]

This month we are offering free embroidery of our waterproof neoprene holsters. ( there is a slight up charage for .357)
/quote]
Got one for a .44? The .357 is a little light for this side of the bay. As far as the syringes, it's nice to be able just pick one up when you need it.

johnl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago a bunch of theves pulled up all the copper wires that were connected to all the lights along the path to sell for scraps. So this isn't the first time thefts has happened. The Richmond police does care, but really guys keep in mind that it is RICHMOND. How many shootings do they have there? The cops get tied up taking care of "high priority crimes" and car breakins aren't high on the list. So give them a hand and get involved with some "community policing" and try to spot those SOB's....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: