myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for: Used Starboard Kode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kraig

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Looking for: Used Starboard Kode Reply with quote

I'm a 19 yr old Hood River local girl trying to see if anyone has a used Starboard Kode they are willing to sell. I want either a 68L or 74L. If anyone has one or knows of one please let me know!
Thanks
isobras

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We presume you're raiding the swap meets and the local consignment racks.

And realize that very few ... as in virtually no ... board is so unique that it inherently outperforms all others. Widen your search even slightly and you may hit paydirt much sooner and may even find a better prize, period, especially considering the used and new gear orchard you live in.

Mike \OO/
andymc4610

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kraig,

you really can't take isobras seriously he just joined and is clearly a newbie, don't let him get you down. SB Kode are good boards but a bit hard to come by in da gorge.
isobras

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kraig ... Andy's first sentence is literally a joke, and his second reinforces my advice. It may help us help you if you tell us what performance characteristics you want from a board ... far more important and relevant than what's printed on it.

Mike \OO/
dbk57

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the rack outside Big Winds, There are lots of consignment and demo Starboards on it.
rdies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a 66 l starboard evo and 66 l starboard quad on the Big Winds rack outside. Both those boards would be perfect. If u like the kode I'd lean towards the evo single fin.
jota

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a new Kode from Big Winds in September last year - if there are any left they reduce the prices after Labor Day.

They also sell their demo boards in the fall - I believe they keep a waiting list for folks who want to buy the demos, so if you're interested you might want to stop by Big Winds immediately to ask about them.

Kraig, you don't look like a 19 year old girl but I try not be judgmental.
isobras

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdies wrote:
There's a 66 l starboard evo and 66 l starboard quad on the Big Winds rack outside. Both those boards would be perfect.

How would we know that, since we don't know what she wants to do with it and since those are such different boards?
rdies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct isobras - different boards, and maybe on the small side (66 vs 68 or 74). My suggestion is to simply check out 2 other boards by Starboard in the mid 60's range and basically bump/jump/wave, that are going to feel familiar to the Kode, yet different. And the Evo is going to feel the most similar to the Kode (imo). I own a 62 L evo and 74 L starboard quad (previously a 75 L Evo) and have ridden the Kode a number of times over the past 4 years. All great options that I'd consider if looking for a 68 L Kode. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: