myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thank you Wisconsin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Boggs
Fox news is number one in the ratings by a landslide. Bill O voted most trustworthy in a recent poll . They have the most balanced reporting by far and, Always, ALWAYS GIVE A SECOND OPINION unlike the other networks that hardly ever have opposing opinions. I understand why the libs hate them, because they have single handedly exposed the lying left that our media is polluted with.
Rasmussen today, barry the weedhead and Mitt tied at 46%. Bear in mind that Mitt is still unknown to most, and coming off 6 months of non stop negativity . Not to sure I would find those numbers very comforting for barry considering he has had four years of hand holding by the main stream media.
51% to 37% trust Mitt over barry on economic judgment, 53% believe tax cuts help the economy. On a good note for barry 80% think he has a better jump shot.
You say it's hard to beat the incumbent, true, but not when gas is 3.50$, unemployment 8.2 ( more like 10 to 15 ) , inflation soaring, unions shrinking and more.
The energy for obama will be a fraction of what is was 2008. 50/50 at best at the moment, but things can change like the wind!!
I just glanced at this and could not believe the RNC- Fox News is considered fair and balanced.

This is hilarious. Do you understand the lie that is, fair and balanced. Do you realize that they did a study and found the average Fox viewer is dumber than a person who does not listen to news. Do you realize that Fox applied to go to Canada and the Canadians were smart enough to deny them from bringing their propaganda there.

Do you believe in how a person makes their money matters? trust fund kid Rupert took over his fathers real news paper in Australia and turned it into an enquirer which are very popular. Those trash magazines are so popular and money makers. He expanded his trash magazines all over the world, even stating the "star" as his flagship start in the USA. He just took his enquirer type of journalism into Fox.

The media is owned by corporatism that basically all swing to the right. Can you name some liberals that own the media?

just look at talk radio, it is 90 plus percent right wing hate talk and that does not even include the right wing religious hate.

Lets look at the other TV networks, we have Fox basically the RNC central, with no liberal equivalent. Then we have CBS, who even fired Dan Rather for airing the truh about Bush, what liberal would fire him for airing what even the investigator hired by CBS in co-operation with the whitehouse, well they hired former attorney general under Bush1 to investigate, and his conclusion was he could not prove the events in those documents were not accurate. After all how could it be made up, the 3 people alive in the world that knew about it, 2 of them said the events were accurate, the third Bus did not comment ever. How else could this information be brought forward how could someone guess that. It is impossible. So we can assume CBS is controlled by the RNC also, no liberal would fire him for truth. CBS was owned by westinghouse a defense contractor for many years.

NBC owned by GE a defense contractor, banking, medical, chemical company, give me a break if you think a defense contractor is liberal. (asa side note they even fired Phil Donahoe the only liberal on MSNBC after 9-11 because they wanted all calls to war voiced, and only gave afternoon liberal partisan shows after the dems won the next election and were talking about bringing the fairness doctrine back)

lets look at the fairness doctrine, the right wing all cry they are victims of the liberal media (BIG LIE). If they were victims why would a right wing Ronald Reagan eliminate the fairness doctrine if they were being unfairly treated. So they were opposed than and then in 2006 with the dems winning and beginning talk of bringing back the fairness doctrine GE saw the writing on the wall and allowed a few partisan liberals to be on the cable side.

Lets look at ABC, they fired a libertarian who had a show on at 11pm at night after 9-11 for a remark he made that was actually true. bad taste but true. A lieral would not fire him for that statement. ABC had right wing partisan Paul Harvey on for ever... And ABC has not one partisan liberal on the radio, but they have Mark Livin, Curtis Slivwa, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Imaus, Joe Scarborough, Huckabee, fred thompson. Again a liberal would at least let one liberal on the network..

So where is the liberal voice, well Air america tried but to show how little money liberals have for partisan air, it went under because they could not raise a few million dollars.

Rev Moonies (remember the moonies pan handling at airports 40 years ago), well Rev Sun Yong Moon a korean who owns the right wing Washington Times has never released how much money it loses. The new york post a ruppert trash right wing paper is also a major losing paper. In pennsulvania a trust fund kid who funded all of Paula Jones bills before Clinton was even president is owner of the Paper in his city, richard Mellon scaife. The tribune comapny with its trust fund kids comming from military officer McCorricks.

third generation trust fund kid Olin starting in the 60s to 90s gave all his families ammunition made money to right wing media control 370 million in todays terms would be billions. Others buying media, are trust fund kids walmard kids (richest in the world), Hunt brothers, T Boone Pickens, Koch kids, bob Perry, Marriout, Hiltons, Sheldon Adelson, Foster Friess, Tom, Monaghan, Bechtel, , amway owner and kids , Diane Hendricks, Joe Ricketts, COORS trust fund kid, Cornelius Vander Starr, Maurice R. Greenberg, Dell, amazon founder, HP CEO, and of the largest companies in the world oil, chemical, defense, medical, drug, insurance, health insularnce.

And of those I mentioned they are right wing, can you name the rich partisan liberals and liberal companies out there. Then can you name the partisan liberal radio shows that have been on 3 years, 10 years. I just want to know where I can find that liberal media.

Oh, as another side note were you aware in not so distant times the CIA had over 400 reporters on their payroll? Do you think these reporters quit their news jobs or for their cover wrote as conservatives? CIA only agreed that they would try not to "pay" so many. I am sure they found other non-pay ways to compensate them.

isobras

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you believe Dean watches anything besides MSNBC?
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:
Do you believe Dean watches anything besides MSNBC?
Use to listen to Rush for years, then CNN till it was sold, then Fox.

Listening to BBCworld as we speak.

can you name some liberals I can listen to driving across the USA from sea to shinning sea without XM radio.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh!
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "liberal media" refers to any news outlet when they are disagreeing with me.
These far right types are constantly quoting the same media when it agrees with them.
It becomes the liberal biased media when it disagrees with them.
The funniest bits are when they quote a long line of criticisms taken from that source and close by saying the liberal media never criticizes the Pres, Dems etc.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
The "liberal media" refers to any news outlet when they are disagreeing with me.
These far right types are constantly quoting the same media when it agrees with them.
It becomes the liberal biased media when it disagrees with them.
The funniest bits are when they quote a long line of criticisms taken from that source and close by saying the liberal media never criticizes the Pres, Dems etc.

There was a PEW poll about the media. Of those who said they were conservatives, close to 20% of them said Fox was liberal.

When I use to listen to Rush at his first few years, (again no liberal on the radio to listen to.) I remember callers calling in saying he was the liberals plant as he was not conservative.
isobras

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
can you name some liberals I can listen to driving across the USA from sea to shinning sea without XM radio.

On talk radio you have Ellis Hennican and Alan Colmes; most of the others can't draw enough listeners to attract a paying audience. On the broadcast news networks, you have about 92% of the so-called journalists and news readers, based on their Democratic Party membership, documented donations, and self-professed allegiance. The problem is that almost none of those sources explores both sides of political issues; most just rant, pretending that their views are so uniquely accurate that no other views are even worthy of presentation, let alone discussion. We should demand open debate from both sides, so we can hear, evaluate, and compare facts, ideologies, and solutions. Sadly, when the fact-checking is said and done, many right wing TR hosts and most left wing TR hosts and newsmen fail that challenge.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldwater and Eisenhower are my definition of true conservatives. What we have now is a conglomeration of Bachman, Newt, Bush and others who've screwed the real meaning and message.

However BajaDean, if you think that it's good that Canada turned Fox away, you have drunk the koolaid. It is good to have a healthy debate from all sides, to make better decisions.

I don't hear many talking about the revolving doors from wall street/banks to capital hill. Solyndra scandals, and leaks from the white house.

IMO, both parties are on this party train wasting precious American resourses, dipping their beaks into the trough. Allowing an entire generation to become wards of the state. Bush and now Obama have failed to be leaders. Both with their failed ideologies.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobras wrote:
bajaDean wrote:

On talk radio you have Ellis Hennican and Alan Colmes; most of the others can't draw enough listeners to attract a paying audience. On the broadcast news networks, you have about 92% of the so-called journalists and news readers, based on their Democratic Party membership, documented donations, and self-professed allegiance. The problem is that almost none of those sources explores both sides of political issues; most just rant, pretending that their views are so uniquely accurate that no other views are even worthy of presentation, let alone discussion. We should demand open debate from both sides, so we can hear, evaluate, and compare facts, ideologies, and solutions. Sadly, when the fact-checking is said and done, many right wing TR hosts and most left wing TR hosts and newsmen fail that challenge.
Can you list a station alan is on? I can not find his radio show on any dial. And neither of them on their websites list one call letter for where you can hear their show.

when he was on Fox, he was paid to suck up or be fired. That format was awful. Maybe I missed it but when did he have his own show by himself. all the people who were on air america as a whole were very good.

Broadcast networks, did you know Ted Is a registered republican, did you know Brian Williams was a fox guy. Did you know Diane Sawyer was a Nixon speechwriter.

Please give me examples of the other demonstrated partisan to the right like I just pointed out.

and most of all network news has about what 3-5 minutes of time to tell about what was just blown in some part of the world. Network news is also controlled by the advertisers. Were you aware that the oil companies had their advertising agencies know that is any network did a piece critical to them that all advertising was to be pulled from that network.

and oil companies and other corporation are the ones who pay for advertising. Yes there is nothing you can do about a spill destroying the Gulf, that one is a bit hard to hide. That is a problem with news and capitalism.

Again GE a defense contractor owns NBC, who do you think tells everyone what to do. I have never worked anyplace where I tell the owner what to do.

your facts do not take in the fact that the CIA had over 400 reporters on their payroll, I am willing to bet these CIA personnel said they were liberals, but I am quite certain being a CIA agent put you to the right side of the spectrum.

again we know that as is anyone working for fox alone is a partisan right winger and they are as big as any other network. Murdock is the largest owner of media in the USA... thus your so called 92% is BS. He has PARTISAN 25% to start and that is before you even get to Brian Williams, Ted, dianne.

How is broadcast which is owned by the same corporations any different than radio that you can not find a partisan liberal on anywhere in the USA.
isobras

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
There was a PEW poll about the media. Of those who said they were conservatives, close to 20% of them said Fox was liberal.

I'm surprised it was only 20%, considering that research continually shows the Fox News Network's news and analysis shows and hosts are very well centered overall ... some individually, others balancing each others' openly declared biases. I can't tell which side their hard news hosts are on, and people who call O'Reilly one-sided are either so far left or right that they are out of touch with reality or their primary exposure to him comes from his competition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26

Jump to: