myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Oregon coast part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coldest winter I've ever spent was a summer in SanFrancisco.
Coldest windsurfing I've done is LongIsland, Christmas week '89, 41 degree water, 27 degree airs, 4/3 Oneill Heat with booties and hood.
tweeky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in our Alberta prairie days, had friends that would sail in the thawed spots of the mostly frozen lakes... I wouldn't sail unless it was above 41 degrees, which was considered "whimping out" by some of the hardcore sailors there.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, LISound has patches of ice on the water, which I mostly avoided. The sound of your fin crunching thru the ice was slushy sounding, but thinking back, could have resulted in a freezing cold head slam.
I think Christmas week was one of the coldest in Manhattan, ever. There were NO panhandlers in Soho, PennStation, Broadway, Village,or CanalBlvd.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthwind wrote:
Strapless yellow board. After I left did it ready drop down that much to need a strapless board?

I was wondering if someone would notice that Laughing Its not attached to the rig its just a big foam surfboard we brought along that I happened to drop the broken rig on top of.
H2OJoe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know that sail! The coldest day I remember sailing was mid Jan. 1998 at Lake Lanier in GA. It was with After Dark Mark and Phillip Duvic. It was something like 19 degrees with a windchill of 9 below. At the end of that session I told ADM "screw this! I'm moving to somewhere where windsurfing is a summer sport". That June I packed up and moved to HR. Not too long after that my buddies Mark and Phillip followed suit.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2OJoe wrote:
Hey, I know that sail! The coldest day I remember sailing was mid Jan. 1998 at Lake Lanier in GA. It was with After Dark Mark and Phillip Duvic. It was something like 19 degrees with a windchill of 9 below. At the end of that session I told ADM "screw this! I'm moving to somewhere where windsurfing is a summer sport". That June I packed up and moved to HR. Not too long after that my buddies Mark and Phillip followed suit.

Yep thats him Very Happy We had a fun day and he finally got me out into the waves, and we got a nice guitar session in after. Hopefully we can meet up in the gorge this weekend too, I need some help with jumping Laughing
H2OJoe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. That guy can sure play a guitar. Hope to see you guys in da Gorge this weekend. Tell Mark to call me.
mchaco1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2OJoe wrote:
Yep. That guy can sure play a guitar. Hope to see you guys in da Gorge this weekend. Tell Mark to call me.

Im sure he will be lurking around here and see this Wink Im pushing for a meeting at Mosier, should be a good time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: